Walking Club

Walking is great but the mosquitoes can be murderous. Is he allergic or are these bugs particularly vicious?

Walking is great but the mosquitoes can be murderous. Is he allergic or are these bugs particularly vicious?
I think he's allergic but the doctor recommended ibruprophen and not an antihistamine.

The shoe store closed at 7 and I made it there at 7:10 so we didn't get our sneakers. I walked with him before with long sleeves and he was fine but Everytime I think about him being possibly allergic I just think we can't walk outside anymore. I may try to check out the place with the indoor track.

How old is your son, if I may ask? I imagine walking with a possibly allergic little one to be extremely scary. Doesn't bug spray help?

How old is your son, if I may ask? I imagine walking with a possibly allergic little one to be extremely scary. Doesn't bug spray help?
He is 10. My husband was recommending to spray him with off and just walk. He only got bitten once and we haven't been walking since so it's not a chronic problem.

Last edited:
My dog and I walk a lot. Lately, I've been taking him up a large hill. We did the hill 5 times one day. Then, it got really chilly and rainy for a few days. Today was the first good weather day, so we started our walks again. He was so excited!

Hi Patty, and welcome! I was just trying to hype myself up enough for a walk in gross weather so thanks for resurrecting this thread :)

Thanks Cate & LaMaria. I was looking for an online community that I could check in with for motivation. I've been working remotely for over a year now, and just haven't felt the need to improve myself. I was thinking of joining WW to 'weigh in' for accountability. But, then I remembered weigh-ins where I would fast the day before, and then go out for a big meal right after weigh-in. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm going to try this site to see if this helps my psychology on a daily basis. I plan to do walking for exercise, and Intermittent Fasting as a way to decrease my food consumption. But, I also need social support, which this group seems to provide. Eventually, I'd love to play volleyball or some other sport. But, I just don't feel like I'm in shape enough to do it at my current weight. It's something to work toward, and a team sport will provide the group support I want.

Sounds like you're aware of what you need and what might not be a good idea for you, which is a great start. The diaries are the most active part of the forum and the best place to find support - especially if you go around other people's as well - but it's perfectly fine to just post where you want, when you want.
I was reconsidering WW as well a couple of weeks back but then I remembered how much it annoyed me when people complained about how impossible it was to walk 10 minutes a day (literally, and they didn't have mobility issues) every. single. week... and I was healed. Come to think of it: I'm saving 18€ or so a week here! Maybe I can come up with a fun, non-food-related way to spend that money instead.

I hope you like the forum. It has certainly helped me a lot over the years. It really is a friendly, supportive community. As LaMa said, the diary section is the most active. We visit one another in our respective diaries & I feel I am among friends.

Hello Sunny. Are you a walker?

Back