Trouble reading and posting

aiminglow

Hello? The site is acting really weirdly for me today - double ads, each half a screen in size, and so blocking off the view of the screen - (right now, I can see half the screen; the other half if just a blue blank, with the usual "Home. Forums. What's new. Members" bar at the top.)
It's making it really hard to read anything or to post.

One minute later: Okay, I just went to the "Alerts" to check them out as usual, and it happened again - a half-page ad (about prostate!), below that, another half-page ad about getting started on Keto, and visible beneath that, the ad for prostate starting again.
Right now, as I'm typing, I can't see what I'm writing, because it's out of sight (so please forgive any typos).

I have passed this on, Amy.

Good to know that it's not just me!
Thanks, Cate, for passing this on. It's still happening today. Not sure if this is relevant, but it seemed to happen most when I hit "Alerts".

Screen shot of what I see, 1/3 blue. Sometimes the blue is add filled, sometimes not. This is new, just in the past couple of days.

Slide1.JPG

I have posted the problem in the moderator forum for the forum owner to look at, as moderators it is outside of the scope of what we can do.

Thanks, Tru. LaMaria has also noted this problem (over in my diary) with the blue half-screen as well as half-page ads

x0nRIBz.png
This is a screenshot of my screen as it was about 45 minutes ago, at 08:24 UTC, January 16, that is, after the changes which were intended to fix the problem.
Right now, I am seeing the half-page of blue, which means I only get a few lines of actual visible text.

My screen shot taken a few minutes ago. The ads are gone, but not the big blue area they used to appear in.Slide1.JPG

i have to say i don't much mind ads, but i've always had the contention that many are poorly written or interact with other ads often enough to be an annoyance.

Thank you for all the feedback. I had not been monitoring the ads, as we haven't changed any settings on our end. The ads have always just been set to allow google to decide where to put them. I will continue to make changes to their settings until we can find a happy medium.

A couple of hours ago, I was having a bar showing across the middle of the screen; the bar was like the ordinary top bar, with "Home. Forums. etc written on it.
It doesn't seem to be doing it now. When it was showing, I couldn't write or "like" in the post that was showing. If the bar is not showing, then I could post; I don't know why the bar comes or goes when it does.
I tried then to reply to @Cate - her diary was one place where the bar was showing, and it wouldn't accept anything I wrote. It has shown me as "replying" with no text. I took a screen shot and will post it here as soon as I remember how to do that.

So far, so good... and yes, thanks, mods and admins - Cate and Tru and allcdnboy and I don't know who-all else behind the scenes. Much appreciated. :)

Back