Weight-Loss Team Ovation!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
hehehe.. .I do the same thing with my sandwiches!!!!

bleh - I'm not sticking to my calorie range at all... I always seem to land somewhere around 1500... grrr...

I have also been disappointed to find out when i weighed in this morning that I was back up to 136.5?! I'm not enjoying the whole weight-fluxuation game, and I wish I could figure out how to stabalize it...

How tall are you? Do you think you are supposed to weigh 135? Is your goal too low? Just wondering.... It must be frustrating to be so close to your goal and yet so far. I dont look forward to the time I get to that phase.

Just keep up what you are doing and eventually your body will let go of those last few pounds its hanging on too...

As long as you are working out, eating right and drinking water you will get fit and, afterall, inches are better than pounds, right ?

You can do it Amomono. I know you can....

Last edited:
hehehe =) thanks bailey! I'm 5'4" and 23, so my "healthy" weight range is between 116 and 134... which is why I'm aiming for about 125...

I think one of my struggles is that i'm not being very disciplined as far as eating goes... I have too many people around me who like snacky foods, and i'm not willing to give up having the occasional drink... which is why this has been a slow steady process for me... (I've been at it for about 55 weeks, so less than a pound a week on average)... so, if it takes me another 10 weeks or so to lose these last ten pounds, that's fine =)

i think what was so frustrating this morning was that I gained 2.5 lbs in two days! hehehe... but i also didn't have a lot of water the day before, and so probably was retaining water and such - oh - physiology gets so complicated!!! =)

thanks for the encouragement!!!!

Hey there I aint doing so good Sick and all And on top of that I have not lost any weight in facted I am up a pound from last week according to there scales but I did weigh in with my blue jeans and a heavier shirt then what I usually wear when I go there I try to wear the same type of clothing when I weigh in . But I believe I am holding a lot of fluid At least thats my story and I am sticking to it LOL They also said I might have hit that dreaded P word that everyone htes to hear when they are trying to lose weight so I will just have to kick it up a gear or two I sure hope everyone has a great weekend and can stay healthy I know I hope to get better this weekend .I did go and by me some heavier weights today I dont want to bulk up but do want to sculpt(Is that spelled right?) what I do have I have the misfortune to have a big top and chicken legs so Its hard to try and get things lined out to balance any suggestion would be apperciated I dont want to look like a line backer Any way let me go read some diarys and see whats going on with everyone and girls we are last in the Cheerleading Lets pep it up girls

hehehe... I hope you are feeling better sugarfoot!!!

You might want to work on bulking up your legs a bit to help with the balance... do lunges w/ weights in your hands or squats, and that will help a bit? The other thing is that doing more repetitions with a lightish weight will help you to sculpt. If you want to bulk up, use a really heavy weight and do only like 5-6 reps... for toning us a weight so that you can do up to 20 reps...

let's go girls!!! I'm going to get myself motivated and go for a run or walk!!! love ya!

I guess everyone is busy doing there thing . I did good on my intake of water but boywas I running back and forth tothe bathroom please someone tell me that wont happen all the time . Food I did good to everything came around 1100 calories give or take a few. No exercise except weights I still having hard time breathing so I didnt want to even try any thing that would get me winded if you know what I mean . I sure hope tomorrow is a better day and on topof it all it has been raining all day . I guess reallythat is the best time to be sick , get to really have in excuse to stay in ,besides everyone else being sick in this house to . Well I ill check in back later or tomorrow and see if any one has checked in yet , Have a good one!

good job!!! I can't tell you decisively whether or not the water thing evens out or not... I always forget a day or two, and then have to start all over getting my body used to it. I think as long as you are consistent, that your body does get used to it... but i'm not positive =)

amomono said:
hehehe =) thanks bailey! I'm 5'4" and 23, so my "healthy" weight range is between 116 and 134... which is why I'm aiming for about 125...

I think one of my struggles is that i'm not being very disciplined as far as eating goes... I have too many people around me who like snacky foods, and i'm not willing to give up having the occasional drink... which is why this has been a slow steady process for me... (I've been at it for about 55 weeks, so less than a pound a week on average)... so, if it takes me another 10 weeks or so to lose these last ten pounds, that's fine =)

i think what was so frustrating this morning was that I gained 2.5 lbs in two days! hehehe... but i also didn't have a lot of water the day before, and so probably was retaining water and such - oh - physiology gets so complicated!!! =)

thanks for the encouragement!!!!

I can understand your situation. When I was 23 I was single and in the US Army stationed over in Germany and I had the world before me. I lived on base and our unit would exercise at sun up - sit ups, push ups, and run. We were stationed by Frankenstine's castle and I remember doing my first 5k run winding thru the hills up to the castle. They also had an awesome haunted house there at Holloween. I ate pastries, ate at the mess hall, and on my time off I traveled, took the train to go shopping downtown, spent most open weekend nights at the EM club with my buddies drinking and dancing. I have so many good memories. :D

The one saving grace was the gym on base and I would go there with my tape recorder and exercise tape (yes, they had exercises on cassette tape back in the early 80's) and go into one of the rooms with the mat and mirrors and work out. They also had a weight training room that I would use.

Now, being 46 (47 in May - I still feel like I am young and have had the good health and fortune to have been told that I dont look my age) my life has settled down and has become devoted to raising my 2 sons, being a wife to my hubby and work. Raising my children for their first 10-12 years was like playing house and now that they are getting older I have more "free" time to concentrate on myself. It's like waking up out of a fog.... :p Even though I dont have much time for myself, the rewards pay off through my family. I get enjoyment out of our family functions (love watching them in their sports) and I know that in another 10 years it will be my hubby and myself again and when that time comes I plan on being healthy, fit, attactive and sexy. :eek:

Amomono, you are doing fine. I am sure you will be where you want to be by summer. Dont be so hard on yourself. Do you go out dancing? Does your fiance dance? (The only dancing I get anymore is thru my aerobics tapes. Maybe that will change someday.) And, just carry the snacky foods around that you enjoy.

Sugarfoot, how are you feeling today? How are the children feeling? You must stay pretty busy with some little ones. :)

Sara06, dont get discouraged. Just take one day at a time. How did your trip go?

Cprice2, how is it going? Still keeping the running and weight training up as often as you can?

Last edited:
Hey everyone I think I have found me a way to get my water in I tried one of them Crystal light lemonaid on the go packets and I really like the taste of it Only problem is it does have 5 calories a per serving but no sugar or fat so I guess it shouldnt be to bad at least I will be getting more water down me when I am on the go, It also has different tea flavors to . So what do you all think is it still the same as drink plan water, I really do like that I can stop at a store buy a bottle of water and put some flavor in it . Any way We went to Ryans today And I did good I had a small serving of shrimp a salad with ff ranch , some baby carrots, and some okra and a little bitty piece of banana nut bread ( I had to do it ) and for supper I had a Smart ones french bread pizza (pretty good ) and a Diet caffeine free DR PEPPER one of my weakness that I am trying to wean myself from .About 20 min of upper body weights and thats it for exercise . We had some nice weather today And I am feeling a whole lot better And so is Kelsey she is back into everything again the only good thing about being sick is she dont destroy my house She is a one team wrecking machine LOL But I would rather chase behind her then see my baby sick Oh yeah My biggest baby(DH) was sick yesterday toAnd you all know how that is (LOL) Ok I am out of here for now Hope to hear something from ALL OF YOU tomorrow,

Tammy Lynn

hey girls! hope you are all doing great!!! I'm having a very "zen-like" day today =) lots of peace and quiet, and it has been very energizing for me. I didn't make it to the gym this weekend... but did get a good chunk of homework done so I should be able to focus more on getting to the gym, and getting enough sleep, and staying healthy this week.

Hope you all are well!

hey - where are you all at? =)

I did GREAT with my calories today... I'm really proud of myself... Although I could have used my afternoon snack for an apple instead of cake - but I think it was worth it!!!!

tomorrow i'll get to the gym... i'm planning on packing a light lunch to help me have more cals for tomorrow night... I'm also going to try eating a bit more at breakfast... I read somewhere that you should eat 25% of your calories for the day at your first meal... and i'm not quite there yet... maybe it would fill me up enough that I wouldn't be as hungry come mid-afternoon...?

woot! I made it to the gym and had a fabulous workout this morning!!! now I just have to keep from drinking (too much) tonight... I think i'm going to have a mixed drink instead of beer... =)

Good for you Amomono, Hope you did good tonight. I did real good on my calories today And will get some Exercise later on . So far I have had 50 oz of water today And thats very good for me . I wonder where every one has gone to havent seen anyone on here but Amomono. Hope you all are to busy losing weight I know I sure wish I was I quit stepping on the scale every since I bought one I havent hardly have it move so I am only going to weigh myself once a week that way i can be surprised or what ever . And I found a bad side effect on that Stillmans diet It will give you gout , It did my SIL to much protein aint good at all So would not recomend it at all .

ooo... gout isn't good! I hope she is doing okay...

I only had one drink at the bar last night, and had twice as much water to help it out =)

I feel good about today - I don't have gym time on Wednesdays, but i'm going to watch my calories carefully...

Hope you all are having a good day!!! Tomorrow is our weigh-in :eek:

Bailey weighing in here....

Started at 192 for this challenge and down to 188
Lost 4 lbs....

Hope you all had positive results. Anything lost is a gain!!!

Glad to see you keeping up the gym nights Amomono :)

Down .2lbs! Not much but I'll take it, especially after gaining 3.6lbs. Too bad I couldn't count from 149lbs.

Edited to weigh at normal time of day.

Last edited:
well, silly old me forgot to weigh in before breakfast, before drinking lots of water, before getting drenched at the gym... so I'm going to weigh-in again tomorrow so that it is more accurate... hope that's okay!

Ok girls according to my scale this morning I am down 1 lb was 161.2 but I weigh in In the morning at weight wise so I will see there since its the scale I started on is what I go by ( that make any since or am I being silly ) I sure wish I could have done you all better , I think I am at a stand still Sure hope I can get it back going again I still have 20 to 25 more pounds to go to get where I want to be . SO sorry I didnt do you all proud I will try to do better next time

great job everyone with your losses!!! Even if they were small, you stuck with it, and didn't gain!!!!

I dropped 1.5 lbs to 135.... I have actually been there for the past week, but that's okay =)

Thanks so much for all of your support!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back