Sugarfoot
Cprice2
Sara06

Ready to win? I am, both prizes!

Official weigh-in 145.4lbs

I am ready, too....

Official weigh in 192

Go team Ovation !!!!!!

hehehe... I'm ready too!!! It's time for me to really get back in action after almost a month of not paying attention and doing what is healthy for myself...

this morning's weigh-in was 136.5

SO! Time to get my butt in gear... unfortunately, I double booked myself on lunch meetings today, and so had a meal at one, and dessert at the other, and haven't done well so far w/ pacing my meals... need to do better!!!! and I need to get to the gym... hope you girls can keep me on track! =) and i'll do the same for you ;)

I did my tae-bo basic training DVD for the first time today, I have bad hips so I can't do a lot of the kicks, but still got a good work out. I started SBD today. Hoping to lose a few forsure.

Hey I have a question for you all I have a hard time drinking water but love eating ice I can almost live off the stuff I seem like I just have to have it
Well my question is do you think I can get the same results as if I had drank it as just straight water I hear different stories about eating ice So I thought I would ask you all opinion on it

I was wondering that too as I'm an ice eater. I noticed when I made jello, instead of a cup of water, it's 2 cups of ice. So I guess just count 2 cups of ice as 1 water.

hmmm... i don't see why you couldn't do that! it's the same stuff, only expanded a bit and colder =) if that helps you, then by all means go for it!!!

personally, I LOVE water... the only thing that makes drinking it difficult is hauling it around with me all day... but i think even that is worth it for the health reasons =)

OH! I also need you ladies to kick my butt if I don't go to the gym tonight... I really really really need to go... the plan is to head out around 7:45 central time... i'm going to run/walk for 30 minutes, and weight lift for around 40... please help me to get out there!!!

amomono said:
OH! I also need you ladies to kick my butt if I don't go to the gym tonight... I really really really need to go... the plan is to head out around 7:45 central time... i'm going to run/walk for 30 minutes, and weight lift for around 40... please help me to get out there!!!

Hi Amomono

I was thumbing thru your old diary and found that you really had a good weight loss year last year !!! Awesome. How encouraging for me !!! Have you started a new diary or are you picking up on your old one?

I am determined to drop this weight this year and have been maintaining a cal intake of approx 1200 and been on my treadmill every night for 30mi and I have already dropped weight this month. I do plan on adding my aerobic tapes by Feb for a double whammie. Water intake is 64 -80 daily, too.

I realize that the more you lose the harder the rest is to get off, but I am sure you will get the adrenaline pumping again... After all, this is a new year. We have a new summer coming up and you can get to that goal.

Concentrate on the low cal foods that you have found that you enjoy and catch the momentum and go !!!!!! You are in the final stretch. You can and will meet your goal. I just know it.

Sara... what is SBD?

Bailey - thanks for the pm and the great supportive comments =) I did do really great last year - really stuck with it, and it was the weight lifting in the fall of this past year that REALLY helped me to trim and tone... I think since I haven't exercised for almost a month that my metabolism is ready for a boost and I will be able to start slowly losing the pounds again.. =)

I"m doing great so far today ladies!!! healthy choices =)

alright girls... one of the other teams is already on page 2!!!! we need to get with it and encourage one another! =) Maybe something that would help would be to tell a little about ourselves - our goals, what got us started what keeps us motivated?

let me start...

I'm 23 years old and I'm in grad school right now studying religion. I have been with my DF for 6 years now (engaged this summer) and we are planning a wedding for 18 mo. from now. By the time I graduated from college, I weighed about 175 lbs, and just got really tired of being bigger than other people, of not having the endurance to run and exercise, and of never being able to find clothes that fit. So last January I decided that I was going to change all of that.

I started eating healthy, found this site, began exercising, and during the course of the past year, I lost 40 lbs - but then put about 5 back on since christmas. So, I have come along way, but I still have a little ways to go until I reach my goal.

I think what keeps me motivated the most is my fiancee... he is such an encouragement, and while he never complained or teased me about being heavier (he is 6'1" and 145 lbs - i was 5'4" and 175 lbs) he has really enjoyed my new look and keeps telling me how great I look. But it is also family members and just knowing that I have the energy to do things like run now, and how much my life has changed (less stressful, more relaxed) since I have made this switch.

I live in Nashvlle, but i'm from Iowa and someday when I'm done with my degree I would like to be a hospital chaplain and work with people who are sick to give them hope and comfort.

Ok heres a little about me I am from Louisiana. I was always better much in shape and all till I go PG with my 3 baby I had gain alot of wait been staying home not working and it slowly snuck up on me, And the weight never really left me then a few years later I got real sick and had lost a lot of weight then I put it back on ,Then I went back to work and was losing weight I had the get up and go again , Well then I had me a surprize I found out I was PG again ok there went the weight lose . to make a long story short I was up to 191 and had enough couldnt find clothes I liked that would fit right and all that other good stuff, But I wasnt any good with diets I liked to eat all the wrong stuff wasnt that I ate alot was just what I was eating . I found a place called weight wise and started there in the end of Oct taken a injection called myodene and it has changed my life for the better it helped me to want to start doing better with my life I eat better I exercise now and I am now 29 lbs lighter for it . I know now that I can do this I have turned my eating habit around and I know I will make it to my goal weight , And I also get a lot of help right here seeing there are others that have the same feelings and the same ups and downs that I have and that in its self is the best thing I could have ever ask for . So I want to thank all of you to I dedicate the rest of my weight lose to all of you ! Sorry didnt mean to write a book LOL

Have any of you ever heard of a all protien diet , My SIL does it for 3 days and she loses what she calls water wait but I heard that if you eat to much protien that all the extra will turn into fat what do you all think ?

Go Team !

I'm 23 with 3 kids. 4 y.o girl, 2 y.o boy and a 7 week old girl. We just moved from Ontario to NY so that DH could go to bible college. I was 112lbs before kids and I've just put more on each time. I have a whole wardrobe of 5's that use to be too big, now I'm in 11's:rolleyes: My motivation is to get it off cause if I don't, I'll only keep gaining. Honestly though, this has been my life for over10 years....the pursuit of weight loss.

hmm... i'm not great with figuring out or knowing about other diets... my plan has basically been to watch my calories - eat between 1200-1500 - and make sure that I try to stay away from calories from fat... check on some of the other threads though, especially the diet and nutrition ones, b/c someone is bound to have an answer =)

It's great that both of you guys have kids! I'm sure that they keep you quite busy... I'm not quite to that stage yet... although I start to get the urge every now and then. I just found out someone I worked with is pregnant, and it made me kind of jealous... a few more years though =)

I was fine until recently, I feel like PPD is senaking up on me again, sigh. My baby has colic I think. It's so hard. I just want her to stop. 6-10pm is torture around here.

speaking of ppd... i was watching malcom in the middle last night - I don't know if you have ever seen the show, but the mom HATES each of her kids for like the first 3 months of their lives... and on the show she just had another one, and was thinking about giving it away and the baby was pooping all over, in her hair and everywhere... while ppd isn't very funny - at least know that other people go through it too - and it couldn't be NEARLy as bad as that show tried to make it look =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back