Smooth Agile DMT Elliptical???

Found it for $2999 + Free Shipping and no Tax.

I found the Smooth Fitness Agile DMT Trainer at Amazon. Good thing about Amazon is that is the price out the door.

I can't post the link because it stated I needed 15 posts or more. Anyhow go to Amazon and just search for Smooth Fitness Agile DMT Trainer.

Cheers

avoid it ??

I'm amazed that you had problems with Smooth Fitness. I purchased the DMT directly from Smooth when it first came out. I had a problem with it when it was about 3 months old. I called and had no problem with the service. I talked with a person who offered to send someone to check it out but I asked if there was anything I could do. The Smooth tech talked me through a few steps and we found the problem, they overnighted the part to me and I was back in business in a few days. Sorry to hear you had problems but as for me, I'm happy with this and would not hesitate to buy from them again. Rick

Smooth Agile DMT

Unfortunately, my/our experience with the DMT has not been satisfactory. Three service calls and we still have grinding/knocking/squeaking. Also, all the connections securing the plastic "comsetic" pieces now don't fit well. The machine has been totally torn down and rebuilt twice and still no resolution. All this in just 6 months. 4th service call this Friday - already informed Smooth if this doesn'r resolve I expect exchange/RMA. Hoping...got this because a friend had another Smooth elliptical and it was GREAT.

Unfortunately, my/our experience with the DMT has not been satisfactory. Three service calls and we still have grinding/knocking/squeaking. Also, all the connections securing the plastic "comsetic" pieces now don't fit well. The machine has been totally torn down and rebuilt twice and still no resolution. All this in just 6 months. 4th service call this Friday - already informed Smooth if this doesn'r resolve I expect exchange/RMA. Hoping...got this because a friend had another Smooth elliptical and it was GREAT.
Yep. I figured if i had these issues out of the box i would rather be out the 450 to ship back then deal with that long term. I bought the octane q37e and couldnt be happier with it.

A friend of mine has it and says its really good. Her knees usually hurt from running on treadmills but this she says is a knee saver.

DMT height

Hi, thinking of purchasing an Agile DMT. My gym is a basement room with a 7' 5" (226cms) celing. I'm 5' 11". Is celing high enough to take the Agile DMT?

If you are buying a smooth elliptical, you have to know in advance that you are on your own if anything goes wrong. even if it's their fault, it will cost you about $600 to return it or even if you do not accept to receive the item!
It took them more than 30 days to ship the item, if you complain that shipping time should be 5 to 8 days as stated in their invoice, you will be faced by a rude customer service manager who will tell you that they have the right to be late for up to 3 months and you have no right to cancel this shimpment or it will cost you 20% stocking fee +shipping! So they will never loose any thing, even if it's their fault, as soon as you hit the order button!
About the dmt elliptical itself: the 1st thing : what do you expect the condition of an item being kicked on the roads on cold weather, for more than 30 days: first thing most of the plastic parts were warped! this affect the assemply of course because parts will not be adjacents, add to that 4 of the screws were not as described in the assemply manual or they shipped the wrong ones!
Then the the elliptical itself, it has a very short stride comparing to other much cheaper ellipticals
Bottom line, you buy an average elliptical, with bad customer service, for an expensive $2200 price

Smooth Agile

I use to work for Smooth Fitness. Regarding their customer service. I've found they have generally been very consiousous when it comes to customer service. I know the head of the service department and he is very attentive to his customers. Whenever someone contacts me at my elliptical review site with an issue and I report the problem to him, he addresses it instantly.

As far as the shipping issue. It is standard in the industry to suggest you get free shipping, but in actuality they will charge you if you return the equipment. So I guess from that sense it isn't free.

I've tried the Smooth Agile, and been out to the corporate headquarters and talked to the staff. Overall I was impressed. The concept takes crosstraining to a new level, or least direction. This machine has been very popular and a huge success. In fact, they have incorporated the dynamic motion technology in several additional models.

Hi I posted reply number 26 last september. Everything I've read since then convinces me that the Agile DMT is the best option for me. However I still need to see one and measure the pedal height before I pay that much money for a machine. I live in Ireland - is there anyone reading this that would allow me to see their machine and measure it? I wrote to Smooth Fitness and they said that they hadn't supplied a machine to any hotels/gyms in Ireland. I told them that I would be at a conference in Germany in early August and they told me that there was nowhere near the address I will be staying that had an Agile. It's getting ridiculous! Help!

There is a company in the Los Angeles area that recently bought a lot of close out Smooth product including the Agile DMT, they offer better service than Smooth and can beat anyones pricing on the web. They offer free assembly for local buyers. Send me a message if anyone wants to know where to get the best deals

Found it in Los Angeles for $1899.00 free local shipping although they might make deals as far as shipping goes. even so at $1899 this is the best deal by far, even if you have to pay shipping

Can anyone comment on this machine -- or the Agile DMT X2?

I'm in Milwaukee and would love to try one before buying.

Thanks!

Back