Skurgeon’s Diary

30CEB5C2-8535-4567-A434-6BB8BA1C1288.jpegTodays French toast breakfast. 499 calories.

I’m 2 weeks into a 6 week regimen which adds more volume of resistance training specifically for my shoulders. After 2 weeks I have definite strength and endurance improvements and I think I’m starting to see some visual changes as well.

A62B5986-ABF2-470A-B64D-6DEE208B1059.png

Went to a wedding last night. First time in a long time I’ve been with so much extended family at once it was nice. And of course seeing people who haven’t seen me in over three years led to a night of compliments and comments on my transformation.

I did look good! Had the full suit going and then a change of clothes (jeans and t-shirt) for the evening for the outside reception that included a bonfire. It was good times!

But the craziest thing happened before the wedding. I was out for a walk in the morning and a few blocks from my house walking back when I heard someone yelling…

“HEY….DUDE!….HEY….”

and I’m looking around like where is that coming from and is it directed at me?

then I see this front screen door open on a house I just walked by and this guy is almost falling out the door as he’s trying to put his shoes on and he’s looking at me and starts yelling…” WAIT UP….DUDE…..”

I’m thinking who is this guy? I don’t know him… he’s got me confused for someone else….

He starts walking across front house lawns towards me and he says. “ I just want to say whatever you’re doing keep it up man, I’ve seen you walking around here before… you’ve lost a lot of weight… man you look great!… you’re fucking built man!”

and I was just like “Oh…thanks for noticIng….”

it was bizarre! Nice, but also freaky!

That's wonderful! Savor those compliments and guard them in your heart. Maintenance can feel dull sometimes so it's good to remember how monumental your achievement has been.

I’ve been away from the site for awhile but I’m still doing great. Hope everyone else is too.

newest thing for me is getting an Apple Watch. Game changer for working out. I have an app that I programmed for my amount of sets, time during set and rest in between sets. I just start it up and let the beeps tell me when to start and stop each set while playing music into my blue tooth headphones. When I do look at the watch it shows me the timer till my next set, which set it’s going to be and what my current heart rate is.

Then there’s all the other interesting metrics that’s it’s tracking including sleep… I need more sleep apparently.

That sounds like properly meditative exercise! More sleep would probably be good for 70+% of the population...

Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. Will be the first one since covid that will be “big” as in extended friends and family. Should be fun!

Went to the gym twice today. Not something I usually do. Usually I go in the morning and do my lifting weights thing and then go to work. After work (maybe 3 times a week) I’ll do some light cardio which is usually just walking.

But today was cold and raining so I decided to just walk on the treadmill for a bit instead of just doing nothing. Ended up staying on it for 70 minutes. Time went by quickly as I was watching videos on my iPad.

While I was on the treadmill a young dude on a treadmill in front of me was going pretty fast. Not quite a sprint but a fast run. He dropped something… might have been an ear pod. So it hits the treadmill and flies off he back. He stops running and lets the treadmill carry him to the end and then tried to step off and retrieve his dropped item but he almost wiped out doing it because the thing is going pretty fast.

So he’s able to keep his balance after a nice flailing of arms and legs… (I’m trying to not laugh because this is happening right in front of me)

He immediately jumps back on the speeding treadmill like “Im going to continue running” and his feet immediately kick out and his time he does wipe out landing on the treadmill hard and it then shot him off the back onto the floor in front of my treadmill. It was a loud thump when his body hit the treadmill because I heard it clearly over my headphones. He immediately gets up real fast when he lands on the ground and jumps back on the treadmill like he’s mad at it and he almost wipes out again but is able to recover and then he’s back to a full on running stride.

I was worried at his big wipeout that he was going to be hurt but he got up so fast and jumped back on I couldn’t help but laugh. It’s like he did that thing where when you were a kid and fell down and then got up real fast and looked around like “no one saw that right?”

Dude! Everyone looking anywhere in your general direction saw it and everyone heard it. LOL.

I’m 2 weeks into a 6 week regimen which adds more volume of resistance training specifically for my shoulders. After 2 weeks I have definite strength and endurance improvements and I think I’m starting to see some visual changes as well.

View attachment 52950
Wow!! You are doing well indeed. You know we have a guy who works out at the gym who looks a little like you, just one. What you have done is exceptional!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Back