Size X

myleanbaby

Hi everyone!

Anyone motivated by clothing size in addition to or instead of lbs/kg? If you are, or if you have a clothing size related goal, post on this thread and then come back with updates!!

For me I am started at a size 10 (US), and I have a goal to get to a size 4! I am currently trying to close the button on some old size 8s, so that's where I'm at :rotflmao:

Going by clothing size can be a good way to measure progress. Sometimes the scale doesn't tell the whole story, but it's what people often focus on.

i've recently had to start helping out my aunt who went into assisted living 5-6 years ago and now is dealing with a failing memory. one thing that i find totally confounding is woman's sizing. i discovered that you do not have to be thin to be petite and sizing numbers in general are as ridiculous as hat or shoe sizes which have nothing to do with any actual dimension. size 0? ... really?

all that aside, i also have a beef with men's sizing now that i've been paying attention to the discrepancies i've discovered over the past year. everything is designed and labeled to make people feel ok with being overweight. probably the last straw was seeing "relaxed fit" as a selling point. wow... marketing people are evil.

a year ago i was on the verge of buying a pair of 42" waist jeans. i'm glad i resisted because today i'm back to wearing most of the 35" & 36" pants i put away for the last time over a decade ago. luckily i like timeless fashions.... :). one change i've had to deal with, though... i'm an inch shorter than the last time i had most of these clothes on before. i'm discovering cuffs!

one thing i'll totally agree with... when your weight loss plan, whatever path you choose, starts to work, that sensation you get one day that instead of your clothes feeling tighter, you find yourself saying... "hey, this feels better today", will be a day i'll guarantee you will smile a lot.

i've recently had to start helping out my aunt who went into assisted living 5-6 years ago and now is dealing with a failing memory. one thing that i find totally confounding is woman's sizing. i discovered that you do not have to be thin to be petite and sizing numbers in general are as ridiculous as hat or shoe sizes which have nothing to do with any actual dimension. size 0? ... really?

all that aside, i also have a beef with men's sizing now that i've been paying attention to the discrepancies i've discovered over the past year. everything is designed and labeled to make people feel ok with being overweight. probably the last straw was seeing "relaxed fit" as a selling point. wow... marketing people are evil.

a year ago i was on the verge of buying a pair of 42" waist jeans. i'm glad i resisted because today i'm back to wearing most of the 35" & 36" pants i put away for the last time over a decade ago. luckily i like timeless fashions.... :). one change i've had to deal with, though... i'm an inch shorter than the last time i had most of these clothes on before. i'm discovering cuffs!

one thing i'll totally agree with... when your weight loss plan, whatever path you choose, starts to work, that sensation you get one day that instead of your clothes feeling tighter, you find yourself saying... "hey, this feels better today", will be a day i'll guarantee you will smile a lot.

It is DEFINITELY not just Men’s sizing! “Vanity sizing” as it is known in the US has meant that a women’s size 12 in 1958 is now a size 6(ish). For comparison purposes I try to stay in the same brand so at least I can identify the *relative* loss.

I never took into consideration loss of height over time! Lucky for you cuffs are “in” right now

I had some goals in the beginning but have greatly exceeded them. I was a 48 waist. I thought 38 would be great. I am a 32 now. I was a 4XL shirt. I had thought an XL would be great. I now wear a medium. That's since last August.

I also tend to go by clothing sizes. My current size is 38 / M (EU) for both tops and 38 / 40 or M / L for jeans. I think I would be happy with myself if I could fit in size 36 / S jeans.

During my worst Bulimia period this would really be helpful to me. I thought I still weighed too much, yet I could fit into size S and sometimes even XS tops. It made me realize there was quite a disconnect by what I was seeing and what other people were seeing.

I also tend to go by clothing sizes. My current size is 38 / M (EU) for both tops and 38 / 40 or M / L for jeans. I think I would be happy with myself if I could fit in size 36 / S jeans.

During my worst Bulimia period this would really be helpful to me. I thought I still weighed too much, yet I could fit into size S and sometimes even XS tops. It made me realize there was quite a disconnect by what I was seeing and what other people were seeing.

I completely empathize. I was in the same place, it was like it didn't matter what number i hit on the scale, I just kept moving the "UGW" farther away from wherever I was because it never seemed like enough. I think now of the sizes I fit in (US size 3, or about 26" waist), and no way I could fit that now though I'm now in the "normal" weight range for my height.

Happy to report that my old size 8’s now have plenty of room to spare and now I’m down to *just* getting that button closed on the old size 6’s! I find that I lose about a full size for every 10lbs I lose, so feeling hopeful that if I lose the last 11-12lbs to my goal weight I’ll also be able to fit my goal size 4!

Update for me, size 8s looking a bit silly like low riders at this point and fitted into several pairs of size 6s! Overall that puts me down 2 sizes from my starting weight feeling a bit squeezed and facing muffin top in size 10s! When I reach my goal I plan to treat myself to a little clothes shopping but going to mostly walk around in the baggy stuff for now so I can be sure to buy the right size when I get there :coolgleamA:

want to bring "back" this thread ^^ (not that i ever was part of it

I started at (in us sizes) 18 & 20 back in october 2019. now I'm a size 8 & 10.

my goal sizes are a size 4 & 6

Back