Senior needs help with my work outs.

Morning walks are now mid-day walks.
Yesterday & today cool 2C and wet but warming up to 10C by 11-12 noon. Snow tires go on the vehicles next week (by Nov 1 for insurance rebates)

I know you're used to it, but brrr!

Shutters? We don’t have exterior shutters which tend to be decorative, we do have interior shutters (sometimes called California blinds) . They are insulated & block hot sun in summer, & retain heat at night.

We take our hockey seriously in Canada. 😂 Up early yesterday & today. Our granddaughter is playing in local hockey tournament. U11B class girls. Up at 5:00 am and at the arena 75 km away for 7:00 am games , Home for lunch & back to the ice rink for 2:30 pm games. They tied once, lost once & won one so far! Go IceKats!

Attachments

• IMG_7530.jpeg
    IMG_7530.jpeg
    517 KB · Views: 1
It’s Halloween 🎃 the pumpkins are carved & we’re ready for the little ghosts & goblins to show up at our front door.A cool morning though-2C , Brrr, Typical Canadian Halloween, snowsuits under the costumes.

Attachments

• IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    707.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Halloween is over, my pumpkin was a hit, but we woke up to snow on the ground this morning. Looks like we’re going to be back on the Treadclimber.

Attachments

• IMG_7584.jpeg
    IMG_7584.jpeg
    790.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 4
That pumpkin is very impressive! Did you carve it, Mike?

Yes, I did two , the wolf & a bat.
I have a set of 6 wood carving tools that work well on pumpkins.

Attachments

• IMG_7585.jpeg
    IMG_7585.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for the all for the compliments for my pumpkins. It take about half an hour to cut out the top & clean out the seeds. I print out the pattern on paper, tape it to the pumpkin & trace over it. The bat took about an hour, but the wolf was about 2-1/2 hrs to complete. (A lot of small cuts) The secret to carving is take the inner small pieces first, while they are supported, then remove bigger pieces last.
Brought the luggage bags & snorkeling gear up from the basement. 10 days until we head to Cancun, Mx.

Last edited:
Just 2 more days until we start our Anniversary holiday. Still doing some final packing. Sunday morning we drop Bella off at the boarding kennel, then in the afternoon we drive to the airport hotel for an overnight stay. Monday morning 8:30 flight to Cancun for 10 nights of R&R.

Last edited:
Well first 2 days not so great , thunderstorms on our arrival & in morning of day 2. Forecast looks good for rest of the week

We’re back from our 10 days in Cancun. It did rain days 1 & 2, but the rest of vacation was sunny and warm (28-30C). We went snorkeling on the reef at Puerto Morales.
Here are a few photos.

Attachments

• IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7746.jpeg
    IMG_7746.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7745.jpeg
    IMG_7745.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7747.jpeg