Senior needs help with my work outs.

Raining all day today. So did a cardio workout on the Treadclimber. Decided to weigh myself before & after the workout. I dropped a pound of water in 45 minutes (that I am currently replacing btw). It’s my hardest session so far this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_6217.jpeg
    IMG_6217.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6215.jpeg
    IMG_6215.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 0
Ooo, that's an interesting experiment! Not sure I could convince my brain I wouldn't need water during though...

We received 60-75 mm rain yesterday in Ontario, which is good for fire fighters in Northern Ontario. Wild fires reduced to 47 from over 100 on the weekend.
On the road today to visit with mom. Will take Bella for walk when I get home (around 4pm)

While visiting with mom, she had a 1/2 hr massage appointment so I used the time for a quick power walk. My wife took Bella out while I was away.

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    794.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6224.jpeg
    IMG_6224.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 0
Rained again yesterday, they lifted the local burn ban. Mowed the grass today. This is what hand mowing the trim looks like before mowing with the tractor. Weighed in 212lbs, just 7 to go!

Attachments

• IMG_6235.jpeg
    IMG_6235.jpeg
    692.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6234.jpeg
    IMG_6234.jpeg
    464 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Beautiful weather here for 5 days. Getting lots of yard work done. This morning we had a nice 3 km walk with Bella . Sunny 20C and slight breeze : very pleasant

Attachments

• IMG_6277.jpeg
    IMG_6277.jpeg
    751.2 KB · Views: 1
Weather has turned hot. Today was a travel day visiting with my mom. 4hrs driving & 4 hrs visiting & having lunch. Got home around 4 pm & decided to start the lawn, by doing the trim with the gas push mower. Wasn’t moving very fast, but covered almost 3km in 32C afternoon heat. Relaxing & rehydrating now. On the upside I burn 500 cal in about 50 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_6287.jpeg
    IMG_6287.jpeg
    656.4 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately She’s very sedentary, it’s now becoming difficult to convince her to even go out for lunch. She just wants to get take out & stay in her apartment.

That's a shame. My Mum was the same in her last few years but she did live into her 90s. It's lovely that you visit her often.

My brother & sister both live within 10 minutes of mom, but my wife & I are 2 hrs drive away, so once a week is an all day trip. We live about an hour and a half from our grandchildren but in opposite direction. So it keeps us busy.

Hot weather continues with some rain in forecast for tonight. We had a short 2 km walk with Bella this morning (temp was 20°C) with a slight breeze, but the at 2 pm the temperature is up to 30°C with 80% humidity.
My weight is still coming down, weighed in 211 lbs yesterday.

Getting out in winter months has always been a challenge for my wife and I (Canada eh!) , unfortunately our Apple Watches only estimate VO2 max on outdoor walks or runs. Looking at the VO2 data, it’s gratifying to see it’s finally up above average for the last month!

Attachments

• IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 1
Do you tell your watch what you're doing or does it make assumptions based on things like location and distance traveled?

Back