Self-discipline

I'll be a student of self-discipline for the rest of my life. What do you think is the key to maintaining it over time, despite lethargy and emotional turmoil and practical challenges? I'd appreciate the chance to read your perspectives on this.

I wish I knew. I thought I used to. This is an interesting topic.

Yeah, when I try to really understand it, the reality is elusive. There are various attitudes towards it, but not any complete theories.

This is my perspective: Discipline. Control. Confidence. Esteem. These are words. No real significance to people. It does become a living significance when the word "self" is added. IT is not "what" is self-discipline, but "Who" is discipline.It is human actions, our actions that which is "self." This is simple but it ain't easy. This is because it takes self-effort.
So make a long story short, it comes down to a "deliberate practice" which means awareness, attention and Aliveness,
Then through time there is a recognition; self-realization. You always had it in you! Aloha!

It is human actions, our actions that which is "self." This is simple but it ain't easy. This is because it takes self-effort.
So make a long story short, it comes down to a "deliberate practice" which means awareness, attention and Aliveness,
Then through time there is a recognition; self-realization. You always had it in you! Aloha!
This sounds correct, thanks. Aloha to you too!

I think stoicism is good to read about

Back