Cohen's Lifestyle Recipes: Top Cohen Recipes

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hi, Does anyone have any more tofu receipes? I am desperately in need of some to take away the rubbery taste....
Thanks and Stay Vibrant! Dwali

Diced beef (allowance)
Mushrooms, small, halved (veggie allowance)
Onion, left in large chunks (veggie allowance)
Zuchinni and/or cauliflower (veggie allowance)
Bouquet Garni
3 bay leaves
Black peppercorns (I use 6)
Thyme - dried or fresh (part of veggie allowance if fresh)
2 crispbreads - processed into fine crumbs
Approx 1 cup water

Heat saucepan sprayed with a little oil and add beef and onion. Cook until browned. Add water and crispbread and stir. Simmer until thickened. Meanwhile place mushrooms, spices and herbs in a small ovenproof dish. Pour beef and onion mixture over the top. Cover and cook in moderate over for 25 minutes. Add zuchinni and/or cauliflower, recover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove bouquet garni, peppercorns and bay leaves. Enjoy!
just thought of dropping a note here to thank you for this marvellous recipe. It is absolutely yummy!!! :drooling: it's so tasty that i thought i was deviating :eek: well of course the portion kind of reminded me that i'm indeed on Cohen's! wish i could be given more meat allowance! :)

those who have not tried this, do consider this dish, you won't regret it ;)

fantastic recipes on the web!!!

OMG!!!! not sure if anyone has shared this before but i MUST share !!! :drooling:

i read a post from the newyou forum & thanks to Baloo, he shared a link to a webpage with a number of yummy & attractive looking recipes. It even comes with pictorial step-by-step guides!!! i must admit before this, i really never thought that cohen's dishes can look so appealing and appetizing!!!

am proud to say that all the effort you are going to see is from a fellow Singaporean who's so innovative & talented, driven by love, designed those dishes for her daughter, i wish i'm her daughter!!! j/k :p

really NOT TO BE MISSED!!! :drooling::drooling::drooling:

i'm gonna try one or two of the recipes this weekend!!! :jump:
Enjoy!!!

Hi Tuberose, I actually found the link to that site on this very thread here, on about the 2nd or 3rd page. But you're right, with such a large churn of people, it's a link that's well worth repeating for the newcomers.

I saw a great recipe in a magazine the other day and all that had to be substituted were crispbread crumbs instead of using bread crumbs... it tasted amazing and here it is...

Garlic, basil and mushroom stuffed chicken

Chicken steak (or meat mallet your chicken breast out so that it is thin enough to wrap a stuffing in)
Mushrooms (from allowance but I only use about 20g)
Garlic granules (only 2 or 3 granules are really needed as when cooking in the water the flavour infuses)
basil (small amount only needed)
salt and pepper to taste
1 serve of crackers (I used half a salada)
String or skewer to secure

Set your chicken aside and finely chop up mushrooms from allowance. In a shallow pan put in water and the garlic granules and cook mushrooms. Add some salt and pepper to taste and the basil and then blitzed (I use my magic bullet) cracker to give it a thickening consistancy. Form into a ball / roll and put in the middle of the chicken. Wrap the chicken around it and secure with string or skewer and then put into a preheated oven on about 180C-200C for 15-20 minutes. Serve with rest of veg allowance steamed.

It tasted so good it felt like I was cheating!

Bump the recipe thread up for the Newbies

Just thought I would reintroduce this for the Newbies and also the oldies like me who are back on plan.

Sam:)

Recipes by Kitchen Capers

I am so impress.. it looks really really good. All I though I can do is to steam or microwave everything :p

Hi Everyone

I have to share my favourite recipe with everyone. It is so flavoursome and delish that I don't feel like I am on a diet.

Mango Chicken Curry

Chicken small dices (Allowance)
Zucchini (Allowance)
Cabbage (Allowance)
Onion (Allowance)
Capsicum (Allowance)
Cauliflour (Allowance)
1/2 Mango (fruit allowance)
Curry Powder
Water

Blend the Mango with a little water until a smooth puree is formed and set aside.

Cook the onion until translucent add the chicken 1/2 cook. Add the vegies and curry powder and stir to mix together. Add the Mango mixture and mix until well combined (add water as needed to form a sauce).

Simmer until all the vegies are tender and the chicken is cooked.

Eat and enjoy.

Maree

Newbies(or anyone really)-FYI

"Bump" this thread for all "newbies". Hi! :waving:
NB No recipes on Cohen's web-site still apparently:)toetap05:), xo Cate.

Bumping this thread & will add a recipe later today when I have more time to look. Cheers, Cate.

Hey there, first time on a forum thingy, but any way, I found adding an apple to my curries bulks it out and also a touch of sweetness to the dish.

Loving all the recipe ideas from everyone. thanks or the inspiration .

Originally Posted by less of me

Diced beef (allowance)
Mushrooms, small, halved (veggie allowance)
Onion, left in large chunks (veggie allowance)
Zuchinni and/or cauliflower (veggie allowance)
Bouquet Garni
3 bay leaves
Black peppercorns (I use 6)
Thyme - dried or fresh (part of veggie allowance if fresh)
2 crispbreads - processed into fine crumbs
Approx 1 cup water

Heat saucepan sprayed with a little oil and add beef and onion. Cook until browned. Add water and crispbread and stir. Simmer until thickened. Meanwhile place mushrooms, spices and herbs in a small ovenproof dish. Pour beef and onion mixture over the top. Cover and cook in moderate over for 25 minutes. Add zuchinni and/or cauliflower, recover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove bouquet garni, peppercorns and bay leaves. Enjoy!

Above given picture is looking like Indian Dish called "Haleem", would be much tasty when it prepare during holy month of muslims "Ramzan"

Hi I just tried out your recipie, it was delicious,didnt even feel like HEALTHY choice food.Do you have any more like this to share.

Kind Regards

I'm an Aussie living in the US now. Purchased the diet in 05 from Melbourne and then again in 2011 from the US. Its pretty much the same but the US doesn't make you eat the fruit for the first 8 days and of course there are no salada's over here and I cant find a crispbread I like as much. True about the Olive oil but you can buy it in a spray here I guess you can in Australia too, I'll have to check next time I'm back home. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Back