Cohen's Lifestyle Recipes: Top Cohen Recipes

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Meatball Recipe

**great for chicken and seafood**
Chook/Seafood allowance
Fresh herbs - I recommend sage/basil for chook and coriander for seafood
(fresh chilli is great to and you only need a little bit)
teaspoon of finely diced onion or spring onion for seafood
Grated zuchinni (adds moisture)
garlic ( 1/4 clove or a pinch of powder)
salt n pepper to taste
*Add all ingredients into a belnder and pulverise til well mixed.
Roll into small balls - makes more if you make them bite size! (Try rolling them in your crushed crispbread for a crunchy coating)
Fry in non stick pan until cooked. Use remaining vege allowance to create a bed of lettuce, tomato, and cucumber. Enjoy!

Asian Dressing
Vinegar
Sweetner
Salt
Chilli flakes
Garlic powder
Mix altogether - you may need to play around for a while to get the balance right. An even taste of sweet sour salty.

Great for a Thai Beef Salad, Chicken and fish.

Veal Rolls

Hammer out veal allowance to create a schnitzel
Fresh Asparagus (allowance)
Freah garlic clove finely diced and mixed with dried Italian herb mix & salt and pepper

*Gently rub herb mixture onto veal evenly coating (not too thick) Place fresh asparagus inside veal and roll veal around to make a little parcel.
Place on a non stick pan and fry or alternately bake in alfoil in the oven - this way you at least capture the juices to pour over your remaining vege allwance. I use zuchinni and mushrooms. Bon Apetite!

OOOH that last one sounds good, I might try it.

It'd work with chook too, also, I wonder if we cut up long strips of zucchini and rolled them in with the asparagus, that'd make it really sweet inside. Niiiiiiice.

One of my faves is a DICED CHOOk AND VEG

I simply dice up the Chicken allowance, and set it frying in a frypan (with just a touch of spray oil for colour) and then chop up Zucchini, mushroom, garlic, onion and asparagus, and throw them all in together. Season it with Paprika and mushroom seed. It's really yum, and VERY fast to cook.

asy :D

Garlic & Ginger Prawns on a Bed of Bok Choy

Fresh Green Pawns (allowance)
Shallots, sliced (veggie allowance)
1 clove of garlic - crushed (veggie allowance)
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger (veggie allowance)
Chili Powder or Flakes (optional)
Fresh Corriander (veggie allowance)
Bok Choy (veggie allowance)
Lemon juice (fruit allowance)

Cook prawns with shallots, garlic, ginger and coriander in a hot pan sprayed with a little cooking spray (I use extra virgin olive oil spray). When cooked, sprinkle lemon juice over the top. While prawns are cooking, lightly steam bok choy and place on plate. Pile prawns on top and enjoy! If you want some extra bite, add some chilli powder of flakes to the prawns.

Rib Fillet with Mushroom & Pepper Gravy & Veggies

Rib Fillet steak (allowance)
Mushrooms - I prefer Swiss Browns (veggie allowance)
Onion, sliced thickly (veggie allowance)
Other veggies of choice - I like asparagus and a thick slice of tomato (veggie allowance)
Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped (veggie allowance)
Garlic granules or powder
Freshly ground Pepper
3/4 cup water
2 crispbreads, processed to fine crumbs

Add steak to hot pan sprayed with a little oil and seal on both sides. Cook to desired state. Remove from pan and cover. Add mushrooms and onion to same pan and cook slightly. Add water, crispbreads, garlic, parsley and pepper to taste. Simmer to make a gravy-like sauce. Meanwhile, steam or stirfry other desired veggies. Pour sauce over steak and enjoy with your veggies.

Wonderful Winter Warmer

Diced beef (allowance)
Mushrooms, small, halved (veggie allowance)
Onion, left in large chunks (veggie allowance)
Zuchinni and/or cauliflower (veggie allowance)
Bouquet Garni
3 bay leaves
Black peppercorns (I use 6)
Thyme - dried or fresh (part of veggie allowance if fresh)
2 crispbreads - processed into fine crumbs
Approx 1 cup water

Heat saucepan sprayed with a little oil and add beef and onion. Cook until browned. Add water and crispbread and stir. Simmer until thickened. Meanwhile place mushrooms, spices and herbs in a small ovenproof dish. Pour beef and onion mixture over the top. Cover and cook in moderate over for 25 minutes. Add zuchinni and/or cauliflower, recover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove bouquet garni, peppercorns and bay leaves. Enjoy!

Chicken & Asparagus Soup

Ingredients
Chicken Breast (allowance)
Tinned Asparagus (veggie allowance)
Onion (veggie allowance)
Golden Squash (veggie allowance)
Fresh Parsley (veggie allowance)
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
¼ teaspoon Curry powder (optional)

Method
Drain asparagus and reserve liquid. Dice chicken into bite size pieces and chop onion and squash finely. Place chicken, onion, squash, garlic powder, seasoning and curry powder into a small saucepan and cover with asparagus liquid. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Add asparagus cuts & tips and parsley to the saucepan and cook for a further minute. Serve immediately with crispbreads if desired.

Tom Yum Soup

Ingredients
Diced Chicken Breast (allowance)
Fresh Lemongrass Stalks, sliced into 3cm pieces
4 slices Fresh Ginger
6 Kaffir Lime Leaves (or ½ lemon Rind)
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped (or Garlic Granules)
½ RomaTomato, quartered (veggie allowance)
Button Mushrooms (veggie allowance)
½ cup Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped (veggie allowance)
Coarse Sea Salt
Chilli Powder (to taste)
Approx. 2 cups water
Sweetener (if desired)

Method
Place lemongrass, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime leaves, chilli powder, salt, sweetener (if desired) and water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and add chicken. Cover and simmer for approx. 5 mins. Add mushrooms & cook for a farther 1-2 mins. Add tomato and coriander and stir through. Remove ginger, lemongrass & kaffir lime leaves (or lemon rind). Serve immediately.

Variation: Fresh Green Prawns or Diced Fish can be used instead of chicken. Add these at the same time as the mushrooms.

Chicken & Mango Salad with Creamy Mango Dressing

Ingredients
Chicken Breast (allowance)
Shallots, small Mushrooms, Lettuce (allowance)
Mango – Diced (fruit allowance)
1 teaspoon low fat Mayonnaise
Dried Basil & Mint
Dash White Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil Spray
Seasoning (I use a grinder with coarse sea salt, whole black pepper, garlic granules, parsley & oregano)

Method
To make the dressing, mash ¼ of the mango and add mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, basil and mint. Mix together well.
Slice shallots and reserve a little for garnishing. Halve the mushrooms and shred the lettuce. Dice and season the chicken. Cook chicken in a lightly sprayed pan until almost done. Add mushrooms and shallots and cook quickly. Arrange chicken, mushrooms, shallots and ¾ of the mango on top of the lettuce. Drizzle dressing over the top and garnish with shallots.

Variation: Try replacing the chicken with fresh green prawns and replace the mint with fresh coriander.

Last edited:
Brochetta (sorry can't spell!)

weigh all ingredients as per your total vege allowance:
1 small slice onion, finely chopped (about 4-6gms)
1/2 tomato diced small
Green Pepper (capsicum) diced small
Fresh Spinach leaves roughly chopped
mix together, then add a generous pinch (or two) of Oregano and Basil and cracked black pepper.
Mix well and let sit in fridge before eating to allow mixing of flavours.
serve with cheese allowance and 2 vitawheat
YUMMO!

OH MY OMELETTE

Beat egg until it's mega frothy

Add your desired vegetables. For me its: Onion, 1/2 tomato, capsicum, and fresh herbs.

Cook the omelette then squish the remaining 1/2 tomato over the top... it's simply the best way to begin the day :)

Does anyone have any recipes or ideas for non-meat eaters? Everyday i have a cheese & veg dish and an egg & veg dish. I'm going to get pretty bored of my ideas soon so anyone else's recipes would be most appreciated!
Thanks!

Hi BB have a look at the cohen's website there are heaps of recipies there mostly under cheese recipies.

I bought a bottle of Fanta Zero today (despite my detesting artificial sweeteners and unhealthy diet drinks!) and have poured about 100ml into several cups and placed them in the freezer. Ready to go pick me ups and snacks for summer :)

Tofu

Chop firm Tofu into 1-2cm size cubes, lightly pan fry (use a light spray of olive oil) with garlic granules, onion, cracked pepper and Basil/oregano or an Italian herb mix till golden brown.
add chopped tomatoes, & spinach (allowance -remember to include the onion in your weighing)
Cook till spinach wilts & serve

Experiment with your veges as different veges and herbs will dramatically alter the taste

I've been toying with the idea of doing crackers somehow with cheese and some baked peach or apricot on top, maybe with some sweetner. Dont know how it would turn out, kind of a desserty thingo.

THANK YOU 8-2 much and others who've contributed to this thread, I'm an atrociously lazy cook and so need a recipe for everything. Am looking forward to cooking up some Chicken meatballs fordinner tonight.. something I would NEVER have thought of. Thank you xxoo

AND wow Karol, only 1kg to go.. excellent work.. how amazing you must feel

i love my orange and mango sorbet
put 250 mls of fanta zero and mango allowance (150 g) in food processor and blitz till smooth put in a container and freeze it till almost frozen . pop it back into the food processor and blitz it again and it turns into a georgous yummy sorbet mmm mmm. i love it, if sorbet is totally frozen you may need to add a little more fanta zero when blitzing it.
di

Back