Cohen's Lifestyle Recipes: Top Cohen Recipes

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Cappuccino Cheesecake

Feel like having your cake and eating it too? Need a special treat that tastes sensational? Then try this out!

Ingredients (makes 2 cheesecakes)

Ricotta Cheese (allowance)
1 tsp Instant coffee (to taste)
Sweetener (if desired)
Olive Oil Spray
2 White Crispbread
1½ Tablespoons Sprite Zero
Ground Cinnamon (to taste)

Method
Process or crush crispbread to fine crumbs. Add cinnamon and sprinkle with sprite zero so crumbs stick together. Spray 2 muffin pans with a little olive oil. Divide the crumbs into these and press down firmly. Blind bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
Meanwhile dissolve coffee (and sweetener if desired) in a small amount of boiling water. Add to Ricotta cheese with a little cinnamon and mix through. Divide the cheese mixture between the 2 muffin pans, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in a moderate oven for 10-12 minutes. Cool in fridge. Enjoy as a treat with a long black after salad (vegetable allowance).

Cheesecake Variations

Try out these fantastic cheesecakes...so fantastic in fact - you will think you are deviating! ;) :D

Ingredients – makes 2
Ricotta Cheese (allowance)
Fruit (allowance)
Olive Oil Spray
2 White Crispbread
1½ Tablespoons Sprite Zero
Sweetener (if desired)
Ground Cinnamon or Nutmeg (optional)

Method
Using the same cheesecake base as for the Cappuccino Cheesecakes, with or without the addition of cinnamon, you can easily create these delicious cheesecake variations. Lemon juice, mango, peach and nectarine are just some fruits that create taste sensations. Why not be imaginative and try out different combinations of fruit?
After selecting and preparing your fruit, combine it with the Ricotta and divide the mixture between the 2 muffin pans. Bake in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool in fridge. Enjoy as a treat after salad (vegetable allowance).

Mango Cheesecake
Dice mango (~100 g) into 1cm cubes. Mash ’ mango and combine this well with ricotta allowance. Place remaining mango cubes on cheesecake bases and pour ricotta mixture over top. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.

Peach Cheesecake
Halve peach and deseed. Slice 4-5 thin wedges. Cook these slightly with a little Sprite Zero and set aside. Dice the remaining peach and combine with ricotta. Divide into muffin pans. Arrange wedges on top and bake for approximately 18 minutes.

Last edited:
Crispbreads

guess what I'm going to make tomorrow then... are salada's whaty ou call white crispbreads?

Yes! Saladas are fine to make the bases out of. I have never tried it, but I think even wholemeal crackers would be ok, particularly with the fruit cheesecakes - though it would depend on the choice of fruit. Just make sure you don't use cracked pepper crispbread - pepper and cheesecakes :( :eek: YUK!!! I hope you have a magical birthday full of smiles and sparkles! Enjoy your 'cakes'!

Fish recipes

Anyone doing anything delicious with fish? Looking for some quick and tasty ideas for using a filet of halibut, etc.

I hate using my fruit allowance on using a lemon.. I need my fruit to extend my tiny meal. I don't mind using some of it in the recipe as you eat the mango or orange but a lemon!:::eek:

Anyway any ideas for cooking fish?

Fish

Anyone doing anything delicious with fish? Looking for some quick and tasty ideas for using a filet of halibut, etc.

I hate using my fruit allowance on using a lemon.. I need my fruit to extend my tiny meal. I don't mind using some of it in the recipe as you eat the mango or orange but a lemon!:::eek:

Anyway any ideas for cooking fish?

Slimny - I too struggled with idea of giving up a whole fruit for a sqeeze of lemon juice...just doesn't seem fair! Anyway, if I was having fresh fish for dinner and had used all my fruit allowance, I would lay out a piece of alfoil and place two slices of lemon on it. Then I would either slice up lemongrass (the base part of the plant - like you use in soups, ect) and place this on the lemon slices or wrap my fish in a few blades of lemongrass. Put the fish onto the lemon slices and then put more slices of lemon (and slices of lemongrass if you used the base part of the herb, but put this on before the lemon slices) on the fish and wrap this all up in the foil. If you like, you could use fresh dill instead of lemongrass...it really compliments fish.
You can either dry fry this in a frypan over a medium heat - I usually put the lid on the keep the heat inside or you can bake it in a moderate oven. After your fish is cooked (time depends on thickness of fillet) unwrap and remove herbs and lemon slices and discard.

Also, you miss tartare sauce, try mixing a bit of dill (fresh/dried) and a tiny bit of white wine vinegar with your mayo allowance. Serve with your fish.

Hi all

I was wondering how you add your other comments to the end of your signature (eg date started Cohen's, goals, etc).

I love new recipes. This is great.

LOL

Meatballs in Tomato Sauce

Hi Everyone

This is one of my favourites when I feel like something easy and flavourful.

Mince Meat (allowance)
Onion (allowance)
1/2 tomato (allowance)
Fresh Parsley
Fresh Garlic
Chilli flakes (optional)
salt
2 Crispbread (crushed)

Mix mince 1/2 the onion, Fresh Parsley and chilli flakes and 1/2 crushed crispbread together to make meat balls. Fry these in a fry pan until almost cooked.

In a saucepan fry the other 1/2 the onion & garlic until soft. Add the tomato and cook until mushy and combined. Add a little water and make a thin sauce add the other 1/2 crushed crispbread to thicken, salt and add the meatballs. Simmer until thick.

I sometimes add balsamic vineger to the tomato sauce for something different.

I hope you guys enjoy this one.

Hey all

Why don't you put your great recipe ideas on the Cohen's web site so people who only go there can get them also???

Keep up the lovely ideas.

I am going to try one over the hols. If it works out I will post it...

ATA

Thankyou for these recipes...Less of me, the Chicken and Asparagus soup was great, I changed it slightly by adding coriander instead of parsley and chilli flakes and I LOVED it, a meal I would eat even not on Cohens!!!

OMG!!! this is HEAVEN

Mango and Prawn salad

make up a plate of salad (allowance) using baby spinach, lettuce, rocket, green pepper and mushroom.

Green prawn meat (allowance) dusted in garlic granules, Tumeric, ginger and a pinch of chilli flakes

Mango (allowance)

Spray non stick fry pan with a little olive oil and add prawns lightly cook then add 1/2 mango allowance and 1/2 cup water. Let simmer till water evaporates and mango breaks down (add more water if needed) to create a mango chutney.
When cooked tip prawn and mango mix over the salad and add remaining mango to garnish
(you can use all the mango to make a thicker chutney if you wish)
YUMMO!!!!

Tuna

arrrgghhhh!!!

does anyone have any yummy recipes for tuna>?? (canned..)

i usually eat it with tomato and onion and mushroom with either low fat mayo or balsamic vinegar but i just cannot eat it anymore it makes me sick!

i had it for lunch today and looking at my plate made me want to gag!

:confused:

Tuna

FatCat

I like the tuna steaks (packaged ones). You can microwave them (30 secs) and then also microwave some vegies (zucchini is best and quickest). You can put some spices on the tuna steak also. I just love it with balsamic.

Another suggestion is to have a look on the Cohens web site. They have heaps of recipes there.

All the best.

LOL
Allana:)

sAN cHOY bOW

i use chicken, but beef and tofu are also good!

Chicken allowance-minced or processed in a mixer
cauliflour
onion
zucchini
capsicum
cabbage
chilli,ginger,galic,S&P
balsamic vinegar
1 lettuce cup

1.Mince meat and Dice all the veggies very finely
2. Brown chicken - ensuring you use a hot heat and stir constantly
3.Once almost cooked through(very quick) stir in veggies, again stirring constantly on a hot heat-dont over cook-leave it all cruchy
4. Add all the spices as desired except the vinegar and stir through
5. Splash the vinegar just prior to serving
6. Spoon mixture into lettce cup

WRAP and EAT

Bon Appetite

Tuna Temptation

Ingredients
Tinned Tuna (allowance)
Onion, roughly chopped (veggie allowance)
Cauliflower, cut into small florets (veggie allowance)
Golden squash, finely sliced (veggie allowance)
Asparagus, trimmed and sliced (veggie allowance)
½ Tomato, diced (veggie allowance)
Parsley, roughly chopped (veggie allowance)
2 Crispbread, crushed/processed to fine crumbs
1 teaspoon Dried Dill
Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Mayonnaise

Method
Place cauliflower florets and onion into a small saucepan and cover with water. Place over a low heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Add tuna (including brine/spring water), squash and asparagus. Simmer for a further 3 minutes. Add crispbread and more water if needed. Combine well and simmer until mixture thickens. Stir through tomato, garlic, dill and parsley. Serve mixture in bowl with a dollop of mayonnaise and garish with a sprig of parsley.

Hi Guys

I just thought I would share this with you all. I had it for dinner last night and loved it. I know it isn't very original but the extra bits in the crumbs made it very flavourful.

1 crispbread
Chicken (allowance)
Mustard Powder
Garlic Granuals
Dry Parsley
Veg (allowance)

Crush up your cracker with a mortar and pestle until very fine. Mix into the crushed crackers, mustard powder, garlic granuals and parsly. Coat your chicken in the mix and fry in a non stick frypan with a little spray oil until cooked and the coating is crunch.

I used the extra crumbs to crumb some zucchini slices and cooked them in the fry pan with some onion.

Yummo. This is a new favourite.

Thai Chicken Rissoles

These are fantastic! just close your eyes, and it's like your eating a hamburger :)

Ingredients
Chicken Breast (allow)
2 x Crispbreads (allow) (I use saladas)
20 g onion (part allow)
coriander - dried or fresh (I prefer dried)
chilli - ground or flakes (I use both)
garlic powder (small pinch)
lemon juice (from allow)
lime juice (from allow)

* the amounts of herbs etc aren't specific, just add determined on your own taste, don't add too much lemon or lime juice though as they'll get to sloppy. The juice can even be omitted if you don't want to use up part of your fruit allowance*

Method:
crush crispbreads in a food processor, remove and save for later.
Add all other ingredients into food processor and mix well. Add previously ground crispbreads and hand blend with chiken mix.
Roll into rissoles, or fingers, whatever your preference and cook in a non-stick pan for approx 5 mins.

Serve on a bed of iceberg lettuce (remainder of allow).

I also use my mayo allowance, and make a chilli dipping sauce. Just add chilli and some equal (sweetener) to the mayo. Is absolutely divine!

Last edited:
Me too. Cooking is my new favourite thing to do! ;)

Some other altrenatives to the above rissoles are:

Italian: instead of using above herbs, juices etc, chop around 50g of tomato, 20g Onion, Sage, Rosemary and Basil. Make up the same as above. is great on a bed of spinach.

OR

Curry: Omit above spices as before, and just add some curry powder and 20g Onion. Great with lettuce, and a mango chutney style sauce is DELISH with these.

RISSOLES are the new BLACK ;) (In my house anyway)

Scar

Back