Our non scale victories

I can get down on the floor and up again without a lot of effort. Just thought about that tonight when I was running some extension cords and wires, what would have been a troublesome chore just a few months ago is pretty easy now. It feels great!

Good one on the motor bikes Amy, I can relate to that there are a lot of things I feel safer sitting on today. And Petal, better not to be able to afford something than not to be able to find something big enough to fit!

These days I can comfortably talk to people while walking uphill instead of puffing along like a steam engine.

I can wear my old cowboy hat! Guess even my head is getting smaller. Had not seen it in a long time, almost forgot I had it. Nice cowboy hat but a bit too small, no more. I don't wear a cowboy hat much, and only my jeans would appear to be part of a good cowboy outfit, but if I need one...
IMG_0877.JPG

I am also getting less camera shy, as evidenced here. Not that I'm all that photogenic, but I am losing the need to hide every time a camera appears.
I can comfortably talk to people while walking uphill instead of puffing along like a steam engine
Not sure how I'd do on a steep hill, but on the flat I agree!
I have never been on a motorbike
You are missing out, I don't own one or do it very often, but a good motorbike ride in nice weather with view is hard to beat.

Discovering that mobility type problems were more weight than age related. I had always assumed my walking was limited by getting older, clearly not so much as I thought. Simple things like tying shoes or climbing the stairs, again things I kind of assumed I was struggling with just because I was getting older, now are a lot easier. I was in a kind of denial about how much my weight was limiting me.

I have something I have been thinking about, for years I suffered from arthritis pains and have been taking mobic (meloxicam) for it. The pains have gone away, but I have kept taking the mobic. I am thinking of stopping just to see if I really even need it, or benefit from it anymore. Its the only prescription drug I take, it would be nice not to have to take it. Maybe I'll wait until I get back from my trip to try, or just cut to one every other day or something. Anybody know anything about mobic? I take 15 mg a day, and have been for over 10 years.

I don't know anything about Mobic, Rob & just looked it up. I can't take any anti-inflammatories or anything in the NSAID family at all, including aspirin. There were mixed answers to withdrawing from it, so tapering might be safer, just in case. I take Rose Hip capsules & a strong fish oil each day for my arthritis.

I have something I have been thinking about, for years I suffered from arthritis pains and have been taking mobic (meloxicam) for it. The pains have gone away, but I have kept taking the mobic. I am thinking of stopping just to see if I really even need it, or benefit from it anymore. Its the only prescription drug I take, it would be nice not to have to take it. Maybe I'll wait until I get back from my trip to try, or just cut to one every other day or something. Anybody know anything about mobic? I take 15 mg a day, and have been for over 10 years.
Please consult with your doctor about this. They´ll know whether a sudden stop might be a problem and know what to do if there IS a problem.

This topic is soo coool!

I'm really doing this for only 2-3 weeks but I already feel lighter.
Walking up the stairs is easier and I can breathe afterwards, and I just probably lost few kilos. Seems like body really works better when it's not stuffed with food all the time.
Also I noticed I can get out from car faster and easier, when I'm wearing tighter pants. Also I'm faster when putting on my shoes.

And feeling better and more comfy in your clothes is sooo nice! It's miracle what only few weeks can do for you!

Being able to go on vacation without gaining a bunch of weight! Just did that for the first time in my life. It's a result of my improved diet, and the focusing techniques I learned here. Not so much a weight thing as a lifestyle change.

I can get out from car faster and easier, when I'm wearing tighter pants. Also I'm faster when putting on my shoes.
Good for you KC, and you made me realize that I have similar feelings. Great post!

Out-of-the-mouths-of-babes - last night the 11 year old granddaughter and her friend stayed the night. Its been a few months since this friend has been here. When she first saw me she shouted out that I looked completely different, she went on to say how much smaller I was, very loudly. It felt good. I have gotten some complements from adults, but I think a lot of people are a little hesitant to say much about a man's appearance. And its usually done quietly and discretely. Apparently the 11 year old girl had no such inhibition, bless her.

Love that one, Rob! :D

And mine, today - had to have a pair of trousers (ie ones I already owned) taken in, they were getting so baggy! So I picked them up this morning, and now I feel as if I've got a whole new wearable pair!

Rob suggested I start a thread that reflects on changes that have come about from losing weight . The most obvious is a drop on the scales but there are many others . I have lots but for today as I mentioned in Robs diary I used to hobble out of bed in the morning . Every step hurt . My ankles were swollen and painful. I thought tbh it was arthitis but it turned out it was the load I carried about . This morning I got out of bed , briskly went down let the dog out , did a few chores and flew back up to get ready for the day and I never even thought about ankle pain .
So if you are struggling with weight loss just don’t think about the scales , think about other little non scale benefits .

Non-scale victories are sometimes better than just losing pounds. I started with a nutrition company (yes I sell, but here me out) I was seeing myself tone up more and then as I sat there on the couch with my children it dawned on me that I have not had acid reflux since I started with the nutrition! I was so excited about that and then the rain came in. Depending on the weather that would tell me what shoes to wear. Sunny day I could wear my heels, rainy day I would have to wear something flat, but not anymore I'm giving my body what it needs so as it rained (yes I know heels really in the rain) I said I'm wearing my tall boots and my foot wasn't hurting at all. These moments are wonderful to me! Keep working at it and these non-scale victories are wonderful to express.

I just noticed that I am putting my pants on without holding onto anything. Not sure when that started, it just happened. For years I needed to grab something for balance. No more. Just one of many things in life that has gotten easier. Also much easier to roll over in bed that it used to be.

What the past 11 months has done for me beltwise. Thanks to all on the forum for your help and support, it was not done alone!
IMG_0587 (002).jpg
I also have found that it is a bit more work to put my shirts on and off. For many years I just undid the top couple of buttons and pulled the shirt over my head. Now that my waist is smaller than my shoulders and chest that no longer works. Doing a few more buttons is something I am happy to live with!

My shoulders are getting broader! Not really but it looks that way as other parts are getting narrower.

My hair and beard are getting longer too, more virus shutdown than diet related.

IMG_0714 (002).jpg

Back