One Step at a Time

Toe beans! :beating: Did you know that the purring of a cat can actually speed up healing? Hope you feel better soon and get that test.

I hope you get that test very soon & that it's clear. That's nice that your new landlady/friend is looking after you.

That sucks about the cold Ann. I hope the result comes back negative...
Nice job on the knitting--especially for a first attempt--very nice and even!
And lovely to hear that you have a good friend looking after you :)
Take care and feel better soon!

@LaMaria
I didn't know that. I should always be healthy then with how much Ivy purrs and snuggles with me lol.

@Cate
Thanks. Got to take the test this morning but won't have results for another 3-4 days. Until then, I get to be stuck at home, even though I'm already feeling better.

@liza
Thanks! It's not totally even but I'm just glad I'm managing for it to at least look decent so far lol.

So, I've been going over a few things with my food habits and I just had a bit of a slap in the face today. I looked at how much I spent on fast food this month alone, and it was nearly $300 :eek:o_O
Didn't realize I'd spent that much on it. Definitely is a wake up call when I saw that since I tend to struggle with my finances as it is. So, that's just one reason not to eat out anymore and start eating healthy. I'm going to try to pack along some extra snacks so when I feel hungry after work, I can eat some carrots, apple slices, or something else so that I don't feel as tempted to get some fast food.

Also, I consider today a successful first day into the complete healthy eating. I've been working my way towards it this week and today I officially ate clean all day and stayed within my calorie limit which is around 1,300. I'm actually only 1,060 but it leaves room for me to snack a bit if I feel like I need to, which so far, I don't. It's probably cause I haven't moved much since I'm not allowed to do much with being sick and waiting on the test.

I looked at how much I spent on fast food this month alone, and it was nearly $300 :eek:o_O
Didn't realize I'd spent that much on it. Definitely is a wake up call when I saw that since I tend to struggle with my finances as it is.
That is a really good wake up call for sure--good for you going over that!
my calorie limit which is around 1,300. I'm actually only 1,060
Why such a low calorie limit? That would be quite a huge deficit wouldn't it? Did you use a calorie calculator to help you determine how much you would be eating to maintaining and how much to eat if you wanted to lose a certain amount each week?

Agreed about the huge deficit and I hope you at least get up to that 1300 kcal. Budgeting can be so eye-opening, be it with calories or money.

I just ate till I was full and didn't push myself to eat more. I did end up having a snack later after I made the post, so the calorie intake yesterday wasn't that low, but it still was under the target. My apatite hasn't fully returned yet from being sick and in general, I've barely moved much these last couple days so I haven't been burning the calories either, so my body doesn't need as much as usual to function.

How are you doing now Ann? I hope the bug is gone and that you tested negative for covid...

So it's been about a week and a half now since I restarted this journey. I'm now down 4 lbs as of this morning when I weighed myself. That means currently, I'm at 214 lbs. I've been eating pretty much 1 salad a day with cherry tomatoes and carrots.
For breakfast its oatmeal or some form of eggs.
Lunch is when I have the salad. Normally I also pack along a fruit, cheese, or meat to go with it since my salads are super low calorie and I need something to bump it up a bit.
Supper tends to be whatever I feel like eating as long as I keep track of the calories.

Throughout all of that, I've still snacked ok a tiny piece of chocolate here and there, a cookie or two, or something like that. But all of it has fit into my calories (excluding 1 day).

So I'm pretty happy with that kind of progress so far. Also, feel less bloated lately so that's nice too. Plus I'm getting an exercise bike that's better than the last one I used so now I'll have that to add into my days as well.

@liza
I am feeling much better and the test came back negative:)

Glad to hear you're feeling better Ann and no covid!
Your food plan is sounding great and wonderful about a 4 pound drop!

Yay for feeling better! Not being bloated also sounds pretty awesome right about now. (TMI but I currently feel like I'm about to lift off from the couch...) Good thinking to include a little cheese or meat (or nuts, ot boiled eggs) with your salads so you'll have some fat to help absorb the fat-soluble vitamins in your veggies.

It's been pretty much a week after my last post and I'm down to 212 lbs. Another 2 lb drop which I'm rather pleased about. So far I'm not seeing a difference when I look in the mirror, but I definitely feel it. And one of my shirts that I got a week or two before I started losing weight again was on the verge of being too small. Now today, it's starting to ever so slightly get to be a little big on me which is an awesome feeling.

I've also been working out every day this week. Tuesday I just did the stationary bike for 30 mins. Wednesday to today, I've been doing the bike for 15 mins as a warm up, then do a 10 min full body workout. By the end, I'm sweating pretty good and feeling the burn lol. Yesterday I felt like I was dying haha. Everything hurt. Walking, sitting, doing anything was hard due to my muscles being sore. But today, I feel totally unfazed and like I could have added another 5 mins to the full body workout. So I'm thinking tomorrow I'm going to do that. Then Sunday and Monday will be rest days, and next Tuesday will just be a 30 min bike, and Wednesday I'll start up with the routine I've had this week, but add more rounds to it as I'm able to.

It's really interesting feeling how quickly my body is starting to adapt to this new routine and I'm loving it.

Hi. I'm shocked at how you manage to work out every day. For me, even working out every other day is still challenging. Don't forget to rest! I wonder if I can get used to this routine.

Back