One Step at a Time

Yes wonderful about the scales continuing to drop! it's no wonder with all that activity!
Beautiful pictures!

So it looks like it's been a while since I posted. I plateaued for a bit and just made sure to stay maintain. Today when I weighed myself, I was down to 203.5 lbs. So I'm starting to make progress again :D
I'm hoping to start dropping a bit more weight soon and reach my goal by Chirstmas.

During the last little while I've been working with the horses. Had to doctor my mare's leg cause she decided to jump a barbwire fence but her one back leg didn't clear it so she got a bit scratched. She's fine though. Then my gelding didn't feel good for a while so got to play detective and figure out what was going on there now but he's doing better now.

I've also met a guy and while we're friends right now, we plan to move into a relationship. And I'm glad for that change in life and am feeling happier than I have for a while. It's also a little extra motivation for me to continue to get into better shape since he enjoys doing stuff outside and being active himself and I want to be able to keep up with him.

I also haven't been able to stay with the keto/low carb diet since finances got a little tight for a moment and just had to buy groceries I could afford at the time rather than stick with the diet. Still managed to lose weight though so I'm glad for that.

So that's a general update with how things are going for me. Oh, the inches have shrunk a bit as well, but not too much yet. Still steps in the right direction though :)

Also, not sure I see much of a difference between the pic of me in the blue shirt at my heaviest, vs me now, about 15 lbs down in a black shirt. What do you guys think?
I think I also took the first picture in the morning, where is today I took the pic in the afternoon so I guess that could've been a factor in it too, not entirely sure. Either way, here's a comparison picture.

EkE_CUXVkAAKdVV

I'm so glad things are getting better in your life, Ann. I hope it works out with the guy you have met. Losing inches and 15 lbs is excellent. Well done!

Hey Ann, a fellow Canadian!

I just read through some of your diary. It's great to see how much you love your animals, horses really are beautiful. I think there's definitely some progress showing in those two photos. I'm sure you'll soon reach your goal.

Seems like a big difference to me - congratulations!

I feel you about food prices. When I started I thought I'd save money by cutting out fast food, but healthy stuff seems to cost just as much - if not more...

Your belly has definitely shrunk, especially if the first was in the morning and the second in the evening! Glad to hear you're doing well and what a nice motivation for getting more active!

yes you are looking great Ann--i see a difference too! Good for you for keeping on track! I also can't always afford all the types of foods I would ideally like to have but as long as you can make healthy choices, i think that's all that really matters.
Very lovely to hear you are doing so well. Very nice that you've met someone too :) Is he into horses as well?

Just realized it's been about a month since the last time I posted. Oops lol.

I did go through some stressful periods and did dive into the junk food and gained some of the weight back so now I'm trying to lose it again, though some is just bloated weight and will go away pretty quick. I think I'm a bit of a stress eater too so I'm going to have to watch out for that.

But some of the changes that are going currently, is 1. I have a boyfriend now 2. I have to sell two of my three horses 3. I'm moving in 2 weeks into a basement suite type place which is better my current place. So things are quite interesting right now.

When I move into this basement suite type place, I'm bringing in a mini fridge (there is no fridge there currently) and by having one so small, it'll help force me to buy literally only what I need and nothing extra (which I struggle with when shopping). Plus I'm going to have more space, and all in all, a fresh start so to speak. So I'm planning on starting a new routine of food exercise when I move in there so that I can start with healthy choices to turn into habits there, rather then let myself sink right back into bad habits. Easier said than done, but I'm going to try.
Also, I don't think my scale is totally accurate. I used some other scales during the day when I should have been heavier, yet it consistently had me lighter than what my scale shows. So I'm thinking of getting a new one cause of that so that it can be more accurate.

Nice to hear from you again. Exciting changes! I think you said the floor in your cabin is very uneven: that could explain the wonky scales so maybe wait a bit longer before replacing it? I remember visiting a clock museum as a kid and learning that if a facility had "an" atomic clock it really meant they had four. Because if you have only one you wouldn't notice if it's wrong. If you have two and they disagreed you wouldn't know which one was wrong, and if you had three you'd be out one during repairs :)

Yay to fresh starts and forming new good habits! You're sounding positive Ann so I hope the stressful times are behind you and that you are looking forward to the upcoming move and other changes.

Well, life has been interesting in more ways than one lately lol.

I sold one horse and have the other almost sold. I started moving into my new place and I'm mostly moved in now. However, on Sunday, I was in a bit of an accident. I hit some black ice and didn't handle the situation right and we ended up in the ditch. Thankfully no one got hurt and my dad saved my butt by towing me out (he owns his own towing company) and brought my car to the muffler shop since the muffler was ripped off and destroyed. Also, he lives 5-6 hours away from me, but he ended coming out to help me because the other towing companies weren't being honest or straight forward with things. So ya, he's sort of my hero right now lol.

But thanks to the accident, everything has been thrown off. I'm only partially moved cause of it. My car was out of commission for 2 days and today I still need to get rid of some of the snow that's in there to get it to run more smoothly, but thankfully it's hardy and it's fine otherwise. But thanks to everything, my finances are in the toilet. Kinda felt pretty hopeless for a bit there but I'm starting to get into a better mental space. However, I have to go with the cheapest food I can get right now. Like instant noodles, KD, hot dogs, and other not great food but is the cheapest to get. Just the way things are going to have to be until I can get a handle on everything going on.

Also, I'm still confused with my scale. It now says I'm at 231 lbs, but when I use the scale that my new landlord has, it says I'm at 215. So something is wrong and I'm not sure what to think.

Anyway, that's about it for an update right now. Hope all of you are doing alright and keeping safe this winter.

Em_vGQIVQAAbBmb

Ivy and Tiger are starting to settle in nicely at the new home as well :)
EnB6Z6IUUAAQdj7

Oh dear, Ann, that really sucks about the accident, but I am so glad you're ok. Black ice is terrible.
So great you could get your dad to help you out. I hope you can get things settled again and feeling less stressful and scattered...
There are lots of healthy cheap foods like dried lentils, peas, basic veggies etc...but it sounds like maybe you are needing some easy comfort foods?
I know i often need that when a pile of stress is happening. I'm sure you'll get back on track when you're ready to.
Take care and always good to hear from you.

What a shock that must´ve been! Glad you´re not hurt :grouphug: I´m afraid with the cheap food situation the only thing you can do is count calories. Oh, and if you want to up protein without adding too much cost tossing some canned or batch-cooked beans/lentils into whatever you were having can be helpful. I hope things go upward for you from here!

@liza
Ya, my mind was pretty fried after everything, plus I went shopping with someone else who was driving me, so I was temporarily more concerned about not taking too much time to figure out food. I totally forgot there were good foods that aren't too expensive. So the next time I go shopping, I'm definitely going to ready ahead of time with that.

@LaMaria
Thanks for the food suggestions! I'll keep those in mind as I work on my next shopping list.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

General Update

I've been doing a lot more research into healthy foods and meals this week. I've been finding all kinds of interesting meals. Most have things in them that I don't particularly care for. But I'm going to start working my way into eating that stuff in order to eat healthy. Plus, if I only have healthy stuff in my place, I'll have to eat it. And if I don't, then I guess I wasn't that hungry after all lol. I won't go to the point of buying stuff, just stuff that I'm ok with that I can eat, just something I don't necessarily go for too easily.

I'm also starting to incorporate a few minutes of stretching in the morning to my new routine as well, along with making my bed. As I get used to doing this, I'm going to add in one of those 7 or 10 minute workouts with the stretching. Making the bed is the start of the habit of getting me out of bed and not crawling back into it despite wanting to, as well as making it look and feel like I'm already being productive so it gets me to do another one or two things around the house before I have to go work. Along with that, I'm starting to go to bed a bit earlier and I hope to start stepping away from electronics giving myself a few minutes before bed to read or do something else which will hopefully lead to the point that the last 30 mins to hour before I go to bed has nothing to do with electronics. And basically just keep progressing with those things to start working towards a healthy lifestyle in all ways, and not just with food and exercise.

No wonder your brain was on other things after all that happened. Great to hear you figured out some better options for next week though. Fingers crossed that some of the things you wouldn´t normally pick grow on you - that´s what happened with leafy green veg for me and now I downright crave them after two meals without. Your new housekeeping habits sound helpful as well: clean house, clean mind.

I'm loving your plan of adding in all these healthy steps a little at a time. Sounds like a good plan to make long-term sustainable changes!
I've been finding all kinds of interesting meals. Most have things in them that I don't particularly care for. But I'm going to start working my way into eating that stuff in order to eat healthy.
Yes great to slowly adjust to some new ideas of how and what to eat! Hopefully you will find ways to make them tasty for you!

I also love the plan around your sleeping pattern. Proper sleep is so important for weight and just mental health in general. I keep trying to work on mine too and know what a challenge it can be!

Well, I've managed to get myself sick. And with that, I can't go to work right now. Today is day 2 of not being at work and I'm not allowed to go back until the doctor clears me. So I'm attempting to call the hospital to arrange a covid testing appointment but it's taking forever to get through so I'm writing this up while I'm waiting.

I'm fairly certain I just have a nasty cold. But right now, even if I was better tomorrow, I can't go back until the test confirms I don't have it. So in the mean time, I'm just staying home, knitting, and watching a new tv series. Just walking up the stairs has me tired so I'm not doing any workout. I haven't been overly hungry so I've just been snacking on small things from time to time. In the last 4ish days roughly, I seem to have gone down 1.5 lbs. But also, due to all the knitting I've done (been just learning how to do it since I want to be able to do something while I'm stuck sitting around), my wrist is quite sore from not being used to those movements/work.

So that's a general health update about me. Seems like I keep getting hit by one thing after another lately. It really sucks but not much I can do about it. I do love living where I am now though. The landlady/my friend has been surprising me with a couple of nice hot drinks these last few days, keeping me company (sitting 6+ feet apart of course), and even gave me some soup yesterday which was the only solid meal I managed to eat all day. Feels like I'm getting spoiled haha.

And here's a pic of my current progress on the first knitting project I've taken on which is a scarf. It's twice as long as what this pic shows, but I can't exactly upload a more recent one since I'm still on hold with the hospital. Also a pic of Ivy whose been keeping me company as well during all this.

EnnYspvVoAAakn4
EnhZGlBUUAAKst7

Back