Need a mommy-weightloss buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

chari35

Hello,

I have a 3m old baby and at least 30 extra pounds to lose :angel:
If you are also a new mom and need a buddy support to lose weight please be my buddy? We can do this together :smash:

Hope to find somebody :seeya:

Charito

Hi there! My son will be 3 months old on Jan 4th. I would love a buddy! I have 13 pounds I need to lose to get back to my pre-pregnacy weight.

I have been dieting since my son was 2 weeks old and I've been exercising for about 5 weeks. In 12 weeks, I've only lost 2 pounds so far! I had a total of 15 pounds of pure "baby fat" I needed to lose. I gained a total of 35 pounds with this pregnancy (this is my second). My first pregnancy I gained 55 pounds and managed to lose that weight. I'm having a rough time trying to lose this weight.

Anyone else need a buddy?? The more support, the better.
: )

yeeeeh :)

Hi catsmommy,

I am so glad you replied so soon :) I can't wait to start with you, we can support each other and get this done faster than trying on our own. Let's share tips and recipes :rolleyes: and other valuable advice, like how to get things done at home while dealing with our little angels.

I am getting nuts trying to do house chores and studying, I need to take a test in May to get my medical license in this country. My husband helps me at night but I can't take when my baby cries while he is taking care of her :( he says "just let her cry" but I can't :( she is my first baby and I am so attached to her, I even bought this workout video that you do with your baby but I haven't tried it yet ;) hehe

So, let's share some tips and motivate each other to do this.
I haven't checked my weight today but tomorrow morning I will so I can have a starting point.

See you around,

Charito.

I'm excited!

I'm a mommy of 2. I have a 4 year old and a 3 month old (almost 3 months). I only took 10 weeks off work for maternity leave (not sure where you are from but in america, we don't get very much time off). Because I had a c-section I got 8 weeks of Short Term Disability and 2 weeks of my own vacation time. I work full time as an Analyst and manage the largest retailer in the world. I have a crazy busy job. My husband and I also just opened up a steel company (horrible timing with this economy). It's so difficult to find time to get healthy and back into shape. You're a doctor? That's amazing!

As I mentioned, I started my diet about 2 weeks after my son was born. I couldn't do any exercises so I just watched what I ate. I started to exercise about 4 or 5 weeks ago. I take 3 classes at my village recreation center - A circuit class, a butt/thighs target class and a cardio kickboxing class. The recreation ctr is now closed for 3 weeks so I'm stuck at home trying to do my own exercising. I actually just purchased Turbo Jams (by Beachbody). Just came in the mail on Christmas Eve. I started doing the videos on the 27th. WOW... I didn't realize how out of shape I really was. I can only get about 1/2 way through the Cardio video. I need motivation to work out. I get so tired after working all day and taking care of the kids by the time I get around to working out, I get so tired. I force myself to do it, but then I'm thankful I did it.

Eating is another problem. I'm 100% Italian and love to cook. I've been trying to cook lighter versions of my favorite foods. I have this great cookbook called Chicken Light. It has about 200 Chicken recipes and also lists the calorie and fat count per serving. I've got some great recipes for you.

I weigh myself every Thursday morning... just seemed like a good day :biggrinjester: I've been trying real hard to be good during this holiday but sweets are my weakness.

Maria

Keep it up :)

Hi Maria,
I am proud of you and ashamed of myself, as you can see english is not my 1st language so you might see big mistakes ;) please forgive me :(
Well, I said I am proud of you because, despite all the responsabilities you have, you still managed to do your turbo jam :) that's awesome, if you do it daily it will show results for sure ;) As for me, I just started my 1st workout today, it's this workout with your baby dvd, my little one was laughing the whole time, it was very nice to share that moment, she got exhausted after it was done, more than me I guess, after that I did some Zumba just to do some dancing which I just looove!

It's funny you mention that you are italian, I used to be the kind of anti-carbs person, always watching what I eat but since I married this lovely italian, things changed and now I looove pasta, which is not good if I want to lose weight, buuuh :(

Well, I gotta go and study some internal medicine, please Maria hang in there, we know what we need to do so Let's do it! I am having lunch soon and I plan to make it really healthy and low calorie ;)

Keep it up sweetie ;)

Charito.

Charito -

I think your grammer is just fine. You shouldn't worry about something like that :)

I try to stay away from bread and pasta. Actually, I only cook pasta about once a week. I cook it almost every day for my 4-yr old, however. It's hard to stay away from bread when my mother-in-law makes it fresh every Wednesday :drool5:

Well... I had a bad week. I thought I was having a good week. I ate healthy all week, made sure I got enough calories and I exercised everyday for the last 5 days. I weighed myself this morning and I gained 1 pound. I thought for sure I would have lost 1 or 2 pounds. I'm so disappointed. Today, I'm not going to bother exercising and I'm just having a free calorie day. I made a huge breakfast for my family this morning and I just got done with a huge lunch as well. I finished my late lunch off with a handful of chocolates. Not sure why I gained 1 pound. I know muscle weighs more than fat - but I want to lose fat, not gain muscle!

How are you doing?

Bad Day

Hi Buddy

I had a bad day :( was doing good but then Dh brought stuffed artichoke and we both ate them like crazy :blush5: This morning my weight was 160Lbs :(
This is my starting point now: 160 Lbs

Hope to have a good day today, so far just fruits in my stomach :) and plan to keep it healthy :)

Have a nice weekend catsmommy ;)

Chari.

I Loooved this Post:

From "Mom of 2 Boys"

I am done...
~being the fat girl
~not being able to keep up with my boys (big & little)
~shopping at "specialty stores"
~being invisible
~letting food rule my life
~being uncomfortable in my own skin
~feeling like I don't deserve better
~sitting on my butt
~making excuses

This list is not all inclusive. I will be adding to it on a regular basis...

Chari -

Great list! I had a bad weekend. I didn't watch myself and I did not exercise for 3 days. I got so fed up because I did good all last week and I exercised every day and managed to gain 2 pounds. Tomorrow is another day... what the heck, today is a new day. I'm getting back on track today!

Did you have a better day yesterday and today? What is an example of a daily menu for you?

The holidays are finally over and I'm throwing any leftover cookies, cakes and chocolates in the garbage. I have no will power when it comes to chocolate.

Mommy of a almost 4 month old

Ladies if you are up for another member count me in! I have about 15 lbs of baby weight left to lose on top of the 50lbs of just overweight! I am ready to get back on my game. I have a plan of a 5K in April and to complete my 2nd 1/2 marathon this year. I have been fit, never skinny in the past and just want to be back at a weight where I feel "comfy" in my own skin again. I love my son but, miss being able to just run off to the gym or for a walk when I wanted/needed. This hopefully will keep me motivated and in the right direction.

I have the jogging stroller and I use it just need to watch what we eat better and walk more!

New Week

Hi Girls,

Finally Holidays are over, I agree with you catsmommy about the left overs, specially with all the italian food that hubby cooked these past 2 weeks :drool5: hehe. I hope you had a good sunday ;)

Travelgirl2, of course you can buddy up with us, the more, the better support and tips to get ;) I feel so identified with you about missing your life and just go to the gym and run whenever you wanted, no huge responsibility like taking care of a baby :confused: this is my first one and for me, having to study for a very important board exam and taking care of my little bean is getting me nuts so I share it with my friends and they give me so many tips and valuable advice, they say I shouldn't feel bad for missing my life, alone, just hubby who is so independent, he cooks, he cleans, he is the best, well, he is italian-american ;) that's what I like about american men, they are not "machos" and don't expect us to be the slave at home like the men in my culture (I am latin) I am getting so many valuable tips and support online, it is really helping me. I also post at sparkpeople, in a forum for new moms losing baby weight.

Catsmommy, I am planning to do calorie counting, it worked good for me when I joined Jenny Craigg before my wedding, and beside, I am not such a fan of cooking, specially not now that I need to study, So, Frozen entries and salads, fruits, and lots of water will fill my days. The Workout is on my entire collection of Beachbody and Zumba DVD's.

Girls, please share what is working for you and I expect daily reports, even 2 lines, we gotta keep in track.

Have a wonderful fit week!

Charito.

Good Morning, Ladies -

TravelGirl - the more the merrier! Like Chari said, the more support, the better.

Okay, I had a pretty good Sunday. I ate oatmeal w/ apples for breakfast and a Lean Cuisine pizza for lunch. For dinner.... well, I made some tacos. It's the last day of freedom for my hubby (I'm putting him on a diet as well) I did good. I was very proud of myself, I didn't over eat and stuff my plate. I did a TurboJams video in the morning and a strength training video at night. I usally don't have time for 2 videos a day, but the hubby was willing to sit with the kids. Which Beachbody videos do you have?

Today, I will try to eat 5 or 6 small meals.

Chari - if you're short on time (which you are), I think frozen meals are a great option. I'm not to crazy about the WeightWatchers frozen meals but the Lean Cuisine meals are pretty darn good. I eat those a lot. Stuff your fridge with raw fresh veggies and fruits and eat a frozen meal 1-2 a day I think you should be good.

Did you like Jenny Craig? I did Weight Watchers after i had my daughter (4 years ago). I liked it. I did real good with my food journal. It seems now I don't have the time or the patience to keep a food journal. I get started on one than a few days later I quit writing.

I did my grocery shopping yesterday afternoon and purchased lean meats, poultry, fish and lots of fruits and veggies.

Your DH sounds like a great guy! You're a lucky lady :)

Official Day 1

Hi Girls,

Thanks for being my Weight Loss-Buddies.

My idea of buddy-up would be about sharing about our days, a daily report of our days which should be filled with daily small achievements:
1) Being on Plan (Meal Plan under control)
2) Approriate Water Intake (1/2 your weight in oz)
3) Workout at least 30min daily

I remember before my wedding in Sept 2007 I joined Jenny Craig and lost 20 Lbs in 2 months, and to be honest all they did was giving me food, frozen entries mainly, which was based on 1200cal/day (#Cal = Goal Weight x10) and fit that amount of calories in 6 meals a day.
Can't we do this? Of course we can but we have to really stick to the calorie counting, after a while it becomes so natural, let's have some tables of our favorite healthy food and their amount of calories so we can keep track of that. Green salads are 0cal so we can eat all we want, we just have to watch the dressings, fat free or light, so we can save calories, the good thing is that all the food in US have labels so we don't have to be wondering.

At Jenny Craigg, they gave me just boxes, frozen entries and even desserts in boxes, remember everything is in the number of calories, we can have indulges sometimes as long as we don't exceed the number of calories for example for me is 1200cal/day

The Meal Plan is the most important part of our Weight loss Journey, drinking plenty of Water will keep us full so we wont be craving bad food because of an empty stomach, beside all the good benefits we ge from being well hydrated like a good renal function, detoxified our body and a beautiful skin.

In second place comes our Fitness Routine, Let's make our hearts beat faster for at least 30min daily, pick the workout you enjoy the most, house chores don't count as a workout ok, eventhough it does make us burn some calories but that will be extra, we have to workout as a special and important part of our day, we only need 30min and even if our baby is the worst sleeper, they can always give us 1h to spend the way we want and we want to workout in that hour right?

So, let's organize our meals and workout routine and get this started, we gotta have patience but I know if we overcome 21 days clean, we will make it cause it takes 21 days to make a new habit.

Let's Do This Mommies! :hurray:

Hi Chari. Great idea! I kept track of what I ate yesterday, so I'll jot that down today. I'll write every morning of what I ate, drank and what exercises I did from the day before.

I'm trying to eat 1,200 - 1,300 calories a day. I know 1,200 is the minimum and that's what my points equalled out to when I was on Weight Watchers.

Monday Jan 5th:
Breakfast:
Nutrition Shake - 160 calories
Coffee - 30 calories

Snack:
skipped : ( was on a conference call with work

Lunch:
Potato/Zucchini minestra - 200 cal
Quaker Snacks - 90 cal

Snack:
Orange - 70 cal

Dinner:
McDonalds (LONG story)
Cheeseburger - 300 cal
sm fries - 230 cal
1/4 of my daughters shake - 110 cal

Snack:
Coco wheats - 130 cal

Did a Turbo Jams video for 30 min - I'm guessing I burned about 130 calories.

I only drank 2-3 glasses of water, which is bad. I need to drink more water.

So, the total for Monday:
1,320 calories
3 glass of water
30 min exercise

I'm not having such a good day! I just started back at work since maternity leave and I've been swamped! I only had 2 cups of coffee so far this morning. I've managed to skip breakfast and my snack! I'm actually writing you while I'm on a conference call. I didn't think it was going to last this long. I have to plan my snacks differently when I get on these darn calls.

Chari & TravelGirl - Hope you girls had a good day yesterday and a good day today!

Maria

Day 3

Catsmommy,
I am doing good about the calorie control but I haven't been able to do my workout so far :( darn it! so I hope today I can finally sweat a little.
I am proud of you buddy, you had a great day and you seem like you have so much energy, keep it up ;)
I will really try to workout today :smash:

Have a nice slim day Buddies :)

Charito.

Good Morning! Hope you ladies had a good evening. I had the LONGEST day ever yesterday! Between working full time, cooking, cleaning, dropping/picking up my kid from school, taking care of a new born, laundry, baths, AHHHH!! I did manage to get about 40 minutes of exercise in last night. I did horrible on drinking my water, however. I need to start drinking more water.

Breakfast:
SKIPPED (meetings/calls)

Snack:
SKIPPED (meetings/calls)

Lunch:
Lean Cuisne - 280 cal
Fennell bulb - 70 cal

Snack:
Skinny Latte from Starbucks - 90 cal
Tortilla chips - 140 cal

Dinner:
4oz New York strip steak - 260 cal
Salad w/ light dressing - 100 cal
1/2 c Corn - 80 cal
1/4 c Mashed potatoes - 70 cal
1 piece of chocolate - 60 cal

Snack:
Coco Wheats - 160 cal
More tortilla chips (it was a long day) 140 cal

Total Calories: 1,450
Total Water: 2 glasses
Total Exercise: 40 min Turbo Jams (I probably burned 150 calories??)
So actually only 1,300 calories since I burned 150!

Hope you're all doing well. Keep it up.
Maria

Hi Ladies.... mind if I join? :waving:

I have a 4yr and a 3mth old, both were c-sections. I gained 60lbs with both pregnancies and needed to lose approx 30 lbs before I got prego the 2nd time. I don't remember feeling this crappy about my weight last time. Perhaps it's because I am trying to keep up with my 4yr old as well. I am trying to incorporate exercises that will be fun for both of us. We have been skiing 2x this season and out skating a few times as well. However, my weight loss has stalled at 210. I have lost 30lbs, but that was the initial post-partum weight loss. I had lost a lot of weight with the support of WLF 2yrs ago, but than didn't have the time to visit as much and fell off the wagon. I believe I was down to 165, and gained 15lb back before I got pregnant the 2nd time. I need to lose the last 30 of prego weight, and want to lose another at least another 30 to be 150.

I don't have access to the internet everyday, so I won't be able to post daily etc. Hope that it okay. I just need to find the support to stick with the weight loss and chat with others in my same position.

My goal is to start by cutting out sugar, bread, and pasta. These are big problem areas for me. I also eat when I am bored and stressed. So I need to figure out ways combat that. I have set aside one day aweek for "me day". I just had one yesterday, and spent an hr snowboarding. I wished I could have stayed out longer but it was my first time in 8yrs and didn't want to be in too much pain today. I was going to go skating today, but the weather has thrown a wrench into that plan. I also like to go snowshoeing and have a 3km hike in 2weeks to prepare for. I am taking my eldest skiing tomorrow night, so that will be fun and exercise. I also just made plans with my sister to take the kids skating this weekend. When I write/type it all down it looks good, but I just can't see the results. :willy_nilly:

I'm going to set a goal with you girls right now to lose the last of my baby weight (30lbs) by the end of the winter season (hard to say exactly when that is in Canada - so I'll specify by saying April 1st). 30lbs in 3 full months, seems like a lot, but I did 25 in 3mths before on weight watchers with less exercise than I am currently hoping to get. The biggest thing I need is to cut out the crap and be active everyday! If I have a bad night with the baby, it doesn't mean I can laze around the house all day!

Looking forward to your support, and to supporting all of you on this journey!

J

CatsMommy.... how do you like Turbo Jams?? I've seen the infomercial on at night when I've been up nursing. It looks good. Have you been doing it long?? Are you seeing results??

J -
Glad you could join us! The more, the merrier I say. Wow, you have so many fun outdoor activities planned. Good for you.

You can post whenever you can. I work at a computer all day so it's easy for me to log onto the forum (if I'm not in meetings or traveling).

I LOVE Turbo Jams. It came in the mail on Christmas Eve! I started doing the DVD's on December 27th and I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! Oh yes, I absolutely see the results. Unfortunately, I don't see the results on the scale, but my pants actually fit me a bit loose in the thigh area (NOT my pre-pregnancy pants) and my tummy/mid-section is super slim! My hubby keeps telling me I'm gaining muscle that's why the scale won't move, so I'll take his word for it since my clothes actually fit me better.

I also have a 4 year old and a 3 month old :)

Good luck!

AHH, You need a buddy? It would be much eaiser if you found one close to your home. On the web it is easy to skip workouts and meals. I can help you with any type of routine or diet, but it will depend entirley up to you if you want results.

Also, I do have 2 children, which makes it tougher. But, it can be done with dedication and hardwork...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back