Motivational sayings and/or affirmations.

I just saw this & found it amusing-
35238520_2215475868557334_2423747472170942464_n.jpg

I just saw this & found it amusing-
35238520_2215475868557334_2423747472170942464_n.jpg

HAH! It's cruel and unfair lol

"You can avoid having ulcers by adapting to the situation:
If you fall in the mud puddle, check your pockets for fish."

-author unknown
~
"Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough.
Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich enough. Socially responsible enough.
When you have self-respect, you have enough."
~Gail Sheehy

When I was a little girl, my grandfather got tired of hearing my complaints. He lost it and screamed, "Just Fucking Do it!". Till today it is what I quietly tell myself when I lose my motivation.

I like this saying: "Something is better than nothing." When you've had a day or week of poor eating or exercising, it's easy to resign yourself to failure. But even going for a 10-minute walk at lunch our is better than nothing.

"You can't go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it's just a cage."

How you can change your self-talk so that it works for, not against, your weight-control efforts.
Negative Self-Talk(-) v/s Positive Self-Talk(+)
-I'm a hopeless failure. It's been over a week, and I haven't lost anything. I may as well quit!
+I may not have lost weight, but I did exercise and plan my meals. If I keep making these small changes, I'll reach my goals.

-My mother and father are both overweight. I guess I'll always be fat because it's in my genes.
+My genes aren't my destiny. I know I can lose weight with healthier habits.

-It's not fair that I have to eat diet food when everyone else can eat what they want.
+Lots of people are watching what they eat. I'm not alone in choosing healthful, nutritious foods that my body deserves.

-It's time for my daily punishment for being fat. I have to go to the gym.
+Once I finish exercising, I always feel re-energized and in control.

-I have no willpower.
+Weight-loss takes skill power, not willpower. By identifying my habits, planning ahead, and thinking positively, I can tackle my weight problem.

-Life is no fun when I'm on a diet.
+I make my own fun through friends and activities. Food is fuel for my body.

Good advice-

Back