Weight-Loss MistleToe!

Weight-Loss

Korrie

Here we are everyone! We really need to do our best! Christmas is comming and heaven knows we could use the help and support of a weight loss challenge.

Lets begin by posting our starting weight, and if you have any areas you need help with (nighttime eating, ect) let us know so we can help you!!

This is our first week, and the mini-challenge is "Most Excersize" so keep track of how much you work out between now and next thursday!

Good luck everyone!!

Hi Team well Im starting this challenge at 181 pounds I have a mini goal to get to 170 by Christmas and this doesent look real good for me so I am aiming to ge as close as I can to this. I eat 1200 calories a day, Drink at least 100 oz of Water a day and try to get in at least 90 minutes of Excercise in. The think I need to work on the most is just eating the stupid food while its cooking. Those calories add up you know...LOl. Hows everyone else doing and what do you need support with? We can do this!!!!

Hi everyone! I love our group name! *Kisses* Well I'm starting off at 210lbs. My diet consists of 1300 calories a day with 2 of my meals being Slim Fast Optima Shakes. I make a healthy dinner and I drink 64oz or more of water a day. My excercise consists of Core excercises with the core ball, the "Slim in 6" workout, and a some pushups (I can do about 5 now, whoo hoo!). I also walk my daughter to and from school everyday.

My biggest problem is staying consistent with my excercise. I might work out 3 days a week one week and maybe none at all the following week. I've been trying to come up with a weekly workout schedule so that it will become habit. I love these challenges and I'm gonna do the very best I can. :)

Hi Mistletoe-ers! I'm so glad to be in another challenge! I loved the last one I did and found that it helped me out a lot.

My starting weight is 168.

Let's do intros next so that we can get to know each other!

OK - I'll start! I'm 36, married, I have two daughters ages 3 and 1. I live in So. Calif. I'm a part time teacher.

I've been dieting since 7/7/05. I do a lot of kickass workouts: spin/cycle, kickboxing, step/sculpt. I work out 4 times a week for an hour each time. I also try to eat only 1500 calories a day, though I don't strictly count calories since I'm pretty busy w/ my two sweeties. I do pretty well, though. I am giving myself one year to lose 40 lbs. I so hope I can do it. I just weaned my baby so I guess that means I should probably eat less. Bummer!

Ok Ill introduce myself to you all. Im Julie and Im a stay at home mom to 4 girls. Ages 8, 7, 5 and 10 months. I got my tubes tied now so instead of being pregnant all the time anymore I am finally losing the extra pounds. I am also married to a man from England I met online 6 years ago who isnt the most supportive man in the world but what can you do. I started my diet on August 10th I know this because this is the day after my hubby made me feel like a cow. I started at 220 on that day and Im currently at 181 my mini goal is to be 170 by Christmas and 120 by July I eat 1200 calories a day, Do 90 minutes most days of cardio and drink a ton of water.

Wow, Julie! You have quite a story! Four girls?? I can't complain in front of you when my mere two girls are driving me nuts. Sorry your hubby isn't more supportive. That's a bummer. I also remember when I started my diet - 7/7/05 only because I waited until our vacation was over and I had my older daughter enrolled in a summer preschool program. I do everything by routine!

On a lighter note, (no pun intended) yesterday a funny thing happened at the gym. They were doing a promotional video for the gym and ended up featuring yours truly! They interviewed me and asked how I'd lost 18 lbs. and then they videotaped me doing spin/cycle. Scary! Its great, though, everyone at the gym has been so supportive and encouraging. The women are all in excellent shape and beautiful, but they are not snobby at all. I've really had a good experience.

I'm so glad to be back in a challenge! Aren't they the best motivating factor?? And how great that it'll be 3 weeks. Go Team Mistletoe!!

Hey everyone! My name is Mia. I'm 25, divorced and I live in St. Louis, Mo. I have a 4 year old daughter and I'm a college student. Some of you may remember that I was majoring in Culinary Arts. Well, after some serious soul searching and the help of my professor I have changed my major to Dietetics and Nutrition with a minor in Culinary Arts. So not only is this my lifestyle but it will also be my career.:) I started working out and dieting on 9/5/05 after a horrible breakup with my last boyfriend. He was never supportive of me losing weight anyway.

My regimen consists of a Slim Fast Optima shake for breakfast (since I'm not a breakfast eater), a shake for lunch, 2 snacks, and a healthy dinner. All of which totals 1,300 - 1,350 calories. No pork or red meat. I workout using a Core ball for strength training, "Slim in 6" for cardio, both about 3 times a week, and I do about 60 crunches a day. I also walk my daughter to and from school. I drink at least 64 oz of water a day. This is the most active I've been in my entire life! LOL!

OK - so far we are a bunch of Mistletoe Mommas ... of girls!! Isn't that funny? Not a son among us, although I think there is one team member we haven't heard from.

I'm having one of those crises of conscious moments. My daughter has a bday party at 11:00 tomorrow morning. My spin/cycle class is at 10:00. Even if I left at 10:45, I still wouldn't get her to the party until noon. My husband could take her, but she really wants all of us to go. Ugh! What to do! I'll probably skip my class, but I wish I could go! We get invited to too many bday parties - that's all there is to it. Just kidding!! We're grateful for all the friends that we have.

Wow, looks like I should have been part of your group. I am a mother of 3;daughters!!!! You've got a great group and Julie is one of the most supportive people I've ever met. Even though we are on seperate teams I'm wishing you all the best!!

AAAHHH April you are such a doll you are so good for my ego. You should of been in this group it would have been wonderful but maybe next time I love having you in my group but it looks like we have a great motivated group here. All Moms how funny. Well girls hope everyone is doing good today I did great yesterday and am doing pretty good today no excercise yet but hubby has been working and I havent had a minute to do anything with all the girls driving me nuts.....LOL.

April - you would definitely have fit into our group. So many darling girls! Julie - I hear you on the kids needing you every second, only it's double for you. I'm doing ok today. My older daughter had a bday party and I restrained from eating anything naughty. Didn't make it to my Spin class, but I'll go tomorrow for Kickboxing or Bodypump depending on what time I wake up in the morning - lol!

Isn't there a fourth person in our group who is MIA?

hey ladies hope all is well. I'm getting bored with my Slim in 6 workout so I think I'm gonna buy something else. Hopefully I can find something to sneak into the cart when I do my daughter's Christmas shopping tomorrow.

Good morning my little mistletoers...LOL. anyway its a new week and I hope everyone is ready and motivated to work it. I will check up on all you ladies later so far we havent heard from 2 group members...hhhmmm.

Hey Julie! How are you doing? I'm also sad that two people seem to have opted out of the challenge. Bummer! That leaves 3. How did you do over the weekend? I did ok. Not in exercise, but in eating. I went to a holiday party last night and controlled my eating. Man! Did I want more eggplant parmesan. My favorite! But I stopped at a very small serving. Many people commented on my 18 lb. weight loss which always feels good. OK - I hope you and Cappuccino are doing great today!

Hey I did good over the weekend food wise too but excercise was a whole different thing. Today I have managed 45 minutes on the treadmill so far so doing good so far for today!!

Hey everyone, hope all is well. :)

MommyOf2 What is Slim in 6?

Slim in 6 is a workout that my mom saw on one of those late night infomercials and ordered for herself. You're supposed to notice a dramatic difference in your body after 6 weeks. After a few months of letting the DVDs collect dust she let me have them. It's made by a company called Beach Body, their site is and they make lots of different workouts. I really like the Turbo Jam workout so that's gonna be my next purchase. Turbo Jam is a combo of Tae Bo and dancing. Honestly the Slim in 6 workout is boring me to tears, and we all know what happens when we get bored.

Until I get Turbo Jam i've been doing Core excercises. I really like using the excercise ball, I haven't gotten bored yet and I'm really seeing results with it. I can't afford a gym membership so anything I do involves working out at home or walking. What kind of workouts do you guys do?

Hi Cappy and Jules! (Since it seems like we're all by our lonesome!) I got to a very low level gym ($11 a month). But I love it! They also charge for childcare which adds up (5 hrs. a week I usually end up using). I do three different classes: Step & Sculpt (which uses the big ball and I love it), Kickboxing (which is the craziest, most difficult thing ever), and spin/cycle (which is also an ass-kicker). I do spin/cycle twice a week and I've been trying to add an additional hour of either Kickboxing or Body Pump. I'm super social, so I need my pals in class rather than solitary machines.
So I'm back to my workout regime tomorrow. Can't wait!

Sounds good wish I could go to the gym but I basically get all my excercise here at home on my treadmill and excercise videos, working for me though so cant complain. Plus I get tons of excercise chasine after the kids especially Stephanie now that shes crawling shes a mennace. So anyway girls hope you are ready for the day I know I am ready to work it. Hope you girls have a good day!

Back