Matt's Diary

Hi Matt,

Apologies for the confusion on the toast-bread deal...I don't know what kind of bread you usually eat (besides the baguette you mentioned), but depending on how many calories and nutrients it holds, there are many nutritious options available on the market today (even with other kind of bread). I am sure you can find a positive substitute if this is A MUST item on your diet, one that you have on a daily basis. I get Bauducco's toasts - they are only 35calories a piece and they have natural, integral, multi-grain, low-fat options...regardless, they are all 35calories. I do think that the small differences we make on the kind of nutrients we put in our bodies can affect our scale results...this is food for thought! ;-)

I'll look into that.I usually get the generic white bread, the cheapest option lol.

Like I said, I wouldn't cut out entirely beloved items...but if you do want to see what kind of results you can get on the scale maybe cut out a little (half of bread consumption, half on cheese amount and soda), then if you must have...try to substitute for healthy - perhaps not so yummy, but still filling versions of the items you love, do a 2-3day experiment and see how it goes on the scale for you.

I've cut out the cheese for the most part, except when I go to Golden Corral. Also believe it or not, I've cut the number of sodas down significantly (I used to drink 5-6 a day). I've been thinking of trying new things also, I almost bought some alligator meat at the grocery store.

Hang in there and keep pushing! ;)

Your walking AMAZES ME!! :hurray::svengo:

lol

Thanks, though I have to give the dog most of the credit, shes the one who loves going on walks.

Day 39

Goal 1: ACHIEVED! Goal 2: In Progress...

Weight: 299.6

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal,1 glass of milk, 1 coffees.

Lunch: 1 baked chicken leg, 1 piece of baked fish w/ lemon sauce,1 side of mashed potatoes and gravy, 1 side of macaroni and cheese and 1 side of green beans. 1 20 oz. Dr. pepper.

Dinner: 1 salad w/ chicken ( lettuce, onion, cucumbers, olives, pieces of chicken, Olive Garden diet dressing) 2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottled waters, 1 diet iced tea, 2 samples of wine.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking. Lugging around various file boxes

Well I'm finally under 300 lbs. I hope I can continue this, last time I got to 297 and gave up.

I am SO PROUD of you Matt...those who follow your diary can definitely notice the improvements you've made this past month. From food/drink choices to not slacking off from your daily walks (I'm with Stacy, 4hrs a day amazes me)...You will continue to do well and I believe in you, Big Congrats on reaching below 300s today...think of it as a lifetime change to a BETTER YOU. ;-) Xoxx

Day 40

Weight: 299.4

Breakfast: 1 yogurt,1 glass of milk, 1 coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 Amy's Turkey-O sandwich, 1 pickle, 1 bag of kettle chips, 1 side salad (lettuce,onion,cucumbers,peas,olives, balsamic vinaigrette dressing),1 Cranberry Oatmeal cookie,all from Jason's Deli, 1 20 oz. Pepsi.

Dinner: 1.5 pieces of Salmon 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 pinwheel sandwich, 2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 3 bottles waters.

Exercise: 2.5 hours of walking.

As I lose weight, I'm finding I don't need to eat as much and I'm hungry less which makes eating better all the easier. I could have avoided the cookie, that was given to me because they screwed up my order.

Day 41

Weight: 298.2

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal, 1 coffee.

Lunch: Meatloaf, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 1 side of broccoli, 1 roll. 1 22 oz. fountain cherry coke.

Dinner: 1 piece of rotisserie chicken, 1 side of mashed potatoes, 2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 2 bottled waters.1 mug of chai tea.

Exercise: 3.75 hours of walking.

You are doing really well Matt with most things & it's good that you are reducing your sodas. Walking is great. Keep doing what you're doing & don't give up. It is so good for your self esteem to set a goal, have a plan & stick with it. Go Matt!!

[emoji258] Cate (via Tapatalk)

Day 42

Weight: 297.8

Breakfast: 2 yogurts, 1 glass of milk.

Snack: 1 Apple.

Lunch/Dinner:1 small salad (lettuce,onion,cucumbers,pepperoncini,olives,Olive Garden lite Italian dressing),1 bowl vegetable soup, 2 pieces of grilled salmon, 1 side of roasted potatoes.2 cans of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 can of Pepsi, 1 mug of Chai tea.

Exercise: 3.30 hours of walking.

I pretty much missed lunch so I decided to kind of combine the two and have a big dinner (dunch? linner?)

Wow, Matt, you are goin' for it! I think you're making great progress! I would just change that nice salad you made to a larger size. You can eat a nice big salad and then the rest. Adding greens to every meal, even if it's juiced makes a huge difference. You are on your way!

haahahhaha...I like linner!!! Love your food intake on Day 42, totally something that I would eat...we all have our "weak spots" Matt...yours seems to be soda and potatoes, and mine is anything sweet... I am setting mini-goals and rewards (not food related), so that I can motivate myself to keep pushing despite the depravation of my beloved food items. I don't know if you have mentioned and I haven't seen, but what's your Goal 2? Keep up the good work...you are doing AWESOME!!

haahahhaha...I like linner!!! Love your food intake on Day 42, totally something that I would eat...we all have our "weak spots" Matt...yours seems to be soda and potatoes, and mine is anything sweet... I am setting mini-goals and rewards (not food related), so that I can motivate myself to keep pushing despite the depravation of my beloved food items. I don't know if you have mentioned and I haven't seen, but what's your Goal 2? Keep up the good work...you are doing AWESOME!!

Yeah I love potatoes!Other weaknesses of mine are sweets and pizza.Actually sweets are part of the reason I started on this journey.I used to pick up something sweet like a slice of cake at the store when I would go shopping, and it started affect me in weird ways when I would eat sweets, like I would get headaches etc and I was afraid I might be getting diabetes. I set up a series of small goals because one large goal is rather daunting.Here are the goals: Goal 1: 320-310 (achieved), Goal 2: 310-295, Goal 3:295-275, Goal 4: 275-250, Goal 5:250-225, Goal 6: 225-200, Ultimate Goal: 200-185.

Day 43

Weight: 298.8

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 2 small slices of pepperoni pizza, 1 side of mashed potatoes and gravy, 1 side of macaroni and cheese, and 1 side of green beans. 1 16 oz. Pepsi.

Snack: A bowl of grapes.

Dinner:1 Marie Callender's TV dinner (Beef Teriyaki). 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottled water, 2 cups of diet iced tea.

Exercise: 4 hours of walking.

Crap, my weight went in the wrong direction again. I know I shouldn't have had the pizza, but I was really craving it and I figured 2 slices today would be better than 1 whole pizza tomorrow. Also in my defense I did cut down the amount of Pepsi I drank today.

Day 44

Weight: 298.0

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal,1 glass of milk, 1 cup of coffee,1 banana.

Lunch: 1/2 California Club sandwich (without tomatoes), 1 cup of fruit and dip, 1 side salad (lettuce, onions, cucumbers, olives, peas) all from Jason's Deli.1 16 oz. Pepsi.

Dinner:1 bowl of soup (chicken gumbo),1 side of roasted potatoes, 2 slices of garlic toast. 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottled water, 3 cups of diet iced tea, 1 mug of chai tea.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Just read your whole thread and I love the positive changes you've made from page one to page eight. Great job on getting into the 200's and keep up the positive changes! I used to struggle with a soda addiction too, now I drink a lot of seltzer water. For me it really wasn't about the sugar it was the bubbles and it took a long time for me to realize that.

Day 45

Weight: 298.4

Breakfast: 2 packets of oatmeal,1 banana, 1 cup of coffee.

Lunch: 1 6-inch roast beef sub (roast beef, lettuce,onion, pickles, olives, banana peppers, peppercorn gourmaise spread on white sub roll), 1 side of roasted potatoes, 1 side of macaroni salad. 1 16 oz. Pepsi.

Dinner:1 Healthy Choice TV dinner (Salisbury Steak). 1 can of Pepsi.

Miscellaneous: 1 bottled water, 1 cup of diet iced tea.

Exercise: 3.5 hours of walking.

Sorry for posting so late. I was going to post this morning but the internet was out at work. I'm going to either stop getting food from the deli at Kroger b/c it made me kind of sick.

Back