Marsia's Diary

You are packing for an extended family. It would be much better to make decisions about your stuff as a family, rather than on your own. I keep learning from everyone else's experiences & continue to declutter. G's sister's house is mind-boggling. She is planning to move in the next year, but I think it will take at least 5 years unless she makes some drastic decisions about letting stuff go. You sound like you are doing really well, Marsia 😘

Good for you, happy zen tortoise! 🐢🥰

Oof, no tortoising today!
Short showers (rinse, lather, rinse, turning the water off while soaping up) really don't take up a lot of water but most people don't take those!

I'm impressed with how you keep moving right along Marsia. 9 months of packing up houses and sorting while keeping on with parenting and keeping the household going is a lot! I am very minimalist but I do often get overwhelmed with even my bit of stuff.
I am in an area where we often have water restrictions. This year was one of the worst with an extra dry season. I'm making some modifications to my garden both so that I will have less soil to keep healthy with nutrients and less area to try and keep watered.

I think it's amazing how you juggle everything, Marsia. I juiced a whole heap of lemons on Tuesday too & froze a lot of the juice into ice cubes. A diet tonic water or a glass of water with a lemon/lime ice cube is delicious. It took me ages to do as I don't have an electric juicer.

Deadlines really aren't fun especially when you're trying to do things well.
Nice that the cooking helped calm you. I hope you can continue to find good nurturing things to keep the stress levels low.

Sometimes a deadline can be a good thing. I'm sure you can pull this together, M. As LaMa says please take care of yourself though & have a switch-off time. We don't want you falling apart at the seams.

That coconut rice sounds delicious! I'd probably overeat on it hopelessly though since it doesn't have a lot of protein. Not having power/water really drives home how comfy our modern lives normally are, doesn't it? I hope they'll be done with the pipes soon!

Yeah I have to agree with Cate there! What a lot to deal with between hauling water and no pipes for the washing machine!
Nice that your cats were all there to offer you some cuddles and comfort :)

We've been remodeling so long, it isn't too bad when the power goes out. We're kinda used to roughing it.
Sure sounds like it. Seems to me you went from kind of struggling to tough as nails in the past two years.
Having the power out since we're on a well means no water pressure, so I have to go to the holding tank and get water, like they used to lower the bucket into a community well.
Ah ok, so you can at least get fresh water. That's good. Sometimes I think it would be better if every household tap had a pump on it and getting more than a cup of water at a time required a certain amount of pumping, just to remind people of how precious water is...
My cat has taken to plastering herself on my stomach and front while I meditate. I swear she breaks into a smile when she sees me in meditation position and she purrs up a storm while making herself comfy on me.
If a cat purring isn't meditation I don't know what is so that sounds like a nice communal activity!

I went to the hardware store and got my kid from a short day at school, and have only done nice things since we got home.
So good to have some proper breaks like that! I'm glad you are taking them.
I love the sound of the cat belly meditation--I'm sure you both benefit from that time :) In 2 of my meditation groups we used to have a couple of dogs come and they just sunk right into the meditation so naturally. It was lovely for all.

I am in just in constant gratitude for washing machines in all the work they save us. It's just one of those inventions that seem really wonderful to me. May yours be up and running soon!

It's hard to pack my art journals because I have been making them since high school and they have all these sketches and stories and memories in them - a treasure trove that's so hard not to read and look through!
Think how lovely it will be when you arrive in your new house, a couple of years down the line, and get to unpack and enjoy them again!

Your art books will be a treasure trove in years to come. It's so lovely that you & K had such closeness & the shared interest in art with your Mum.
New exercises/sports-
zen 🐢 ⛳
🐱 meditation

The next few weeks will be intense, hon. Glad you worked through the misunderstanding with J. This is a very stressful time in your life, so try not to put any extra pressure on yourself. I'll be thinking of you, whether you check in here or not :grouphug:

I'm glad you're getting some joy out of your packing, Marsia & also relaxing with your family. That's lovely :grouphug:

251E6CBE-F01E-45CD-AF8C-2A41A2271A91.jpeg

Back