Marsia's Diary

Marsia have a lovely vacation . Hiking sounds right up my street . You must be self catering if your going grocery shopping . Sounds good to me

Sounds like an amazing vacation. Enjoy!

Hi Marsia
Your vacation sounds truly wonderful. Eagles and puffins, little islands and hiking . Sounds so perfect . I'm sure you will have lost weight . And as you say you are fitter for sure.

I remember being on vacation in Berlin with my parents when I was nine years old, it was dark and I was tired as anything. We walked over a Christmas market and suddenly there was this man making colorful glass baubles right in the middle of the pathway. Pretty much magic!

It's been a month of calorie counting, and I am liking this a lot. Can't believe how good it feels not to overeat and to really learn to take care of my body! I want to keep up the exercise from this vacation when I get home, and not lose momentum!!
Hold onto that. I think we all forget just how good that feels & it's good to be reminded.
We are a really supportive & collaborative forum & it is special. Don't feel bad about being too busy having a wonderful time to catch up with diaries. Live life to the full so we can live vicariously through your adventures :)

It feels like we packed about 3 vacations into this one!
Sounds great! And like you´ll be needing a vacation from your vacation soon :D
One nice thing I am doing is letting myself have little treats here and there and just making up for it by eating solely veggies for the next meal.
That´s great while on vacation - you should be enjoying yourself with all your senses - but make sure you don´t do it too often when you get back or you won´t meet your protein requirements.

I am the worst at moderation, sadly. When I´m doing well overall I can have Mon Cheri chocolates, stick them in the fridge and only take one out to come up to room temperature to have after a meal (I don´t like them cold and the intense flavor makes it easier to stop at one). Otherwise I buy myself proper fruit and have that for dessert. After a while I actually prefer the fruit unless I´m really tired or stressed out, at which point I stuff my face with all the sweet things. Having sweet snacks in between meals (when my stomach isn´t already full) is a recipe for disaster for me, but everyone´s different.

Do you have any tips for eating sugary things occasionally then stopping, or do you have to do it cold turkey and just not have any sugar?
My go-to sweet is fresh fruit, but if I fancy a sweet then I have it within an hour of my meal, which includes protein. Sunday night G & I treat ourselves to a few little sweet things with our small fruit platter- good quality dark chocolate usually & maybe a ginger snap biscuit. I never have something sweet on an empty stomach. I would hate to give up coffee. I only have it black & after breakfast (while I'm typing in here.)

I have been so surprised how deeply satisfying good ripe fruit is. I think my taste buds are getting more sensitive to unprocessed foods and how rich they are on their own! Something is definitely changing and I am really into fruits and vegetables, and my family is, too, amazingly. Nice to share the positive changes!!!
:iagree: with all of that. So nice to hear your family is on board!

I have been so surprised how deeply satisfying good ripe fruit is. I think my taste buds are getting more sensitive to unprocessed foods and how rich they are on their own! Something is definitely changing and I am really into fruits and vegetables, and my family is, too, amazingly. Nice to share the positive changes!!!
How wonderful!

Marsia I am only catching up here . Your vacation sounds truly amazing. You are blessed to be having such good time .
Sounds like you are sticking to a healthy and varied diet so good for you .
All those fruits sound wonderful

I only lost 2 pounds on vacation because I did indulge some
Only? My wonderful lady: losing two pounds on vacation is heroic! Please be proud of yourself for achieving that and even prouder for still really enjoying your vacation instead of ruining your mood with over-strictness and munching on a stick of celery all day. You did amazingly well, congratulations :party:
30 Pounds by Christmas is possible but it´s a lot. Maybe aim for 20, do your best and see where you end up?

Back