Liza

That makes total sense: stress tends to increase our general muscle tone and decrease coordination.

If you can afford it that's absolutely the way to go. If you keep tinkering with the original without ever starting fresh you end up with something like the human body: always good enough to get by but full of holdovers from the past that mean you can't fix a lot of issues without causing new ones.
Thanks for that confirmation. It's hard for me to just go and lay down money for something--I'm always a 'make-do' sort of person, but I do think some things are worth the money and a proper fitting bike sounds like one of them. I chose one that looks like it would be a good fit and went down to the bike shop and discussed it with them and they agreed, so have put an order in for it! One thing is I'm already worrying about it getting stolen...that is one thing I have loved about my current bike--I haven't had to worry about that at all...so now I am practicing the idea of not worrying and just pick a plan for locking it up, and then letting it go.
300 is a good deficit, Liza. What is your calorie goal for the day before exercise? I have mine set at 1370 at the moment.
I hope you do get a new bike. I love that you love riding & that you are running again too. Your mood has been lifted. I love Spring. Your plan for the day sounds relaxing.
Well before exercise, cronometer has my goal set at 1220. That would be a 250 calorie deficit...luckily I always get some exercise in so never actually aim for that low! I do feel like my mood is up lately. So nice to feel!
I think I am doing something similar with trying to hurry through the day and stressing myself out. I'm glad you realized what it was that got you tense. Sorry, I forgot about the bike frame being too big. That makes total sense. Hope you had a good morning out and about or in your garden!
I normally really don't hurry at all. But yeah if I'm trying to fit all the exercise-y things in in the morning, I can get easily wound up about it, which is ridiculous when they are supposed to be relaxing/fun/healthy things!

So yesterday was pretty good. Was relieved to get the bike decision made. Talking to the guy at the shop really confirmed my choice. He got what I was saying about the fit of the current bike and really feels like the one we ordered will make all the difference. It was a good price and seems like a good deal. So fingers crossed it will make all the difference.

I didn't record calories yesterday but I would say it seemed ok. Not too many sweets I don't think. Maybe will record today just to keep on track.

Hoping for a run today...beautiful sun out there...

I do think some things are worth the money and a proper fitting bike sounds like one of them. I chose one that looks like it would be a good fit and went down to the bike shop and discussed it with them and they agreed, so have put an order in for it!
How exciting! I hope Bikey 2.0 will be your perfect steed for many years to come.

I chose one that looks like it would be a good fit and went down to the bike shop and discussed it with them and they agreed, so have put an order in for it!
That is very exciting!
Enjoy your beautiful day. The sun is shining here too ☀️

How exciting! I hope Bikey 2.0 will be your perfect steed for many years to come.
Me too!!
That is very exciting!
Enjoy your beautiful day. The sun is shining here too ☀️
It was a lovely day indeed. I was actually surprised by how hot it was actually!

Had a good walk-run in the morning. I like this current schedule much better as it is based on 3 runs per week, with one longer run, and 2 shorter ones, which is the sort of schedule that works best for me. So yesterday was my shorter 'recovery' run. It went well. I think by following this style of schedule I will be more likely to successfully reach the 10km mark without pain.

My mornings do go fast with the added time for essentrics that I am trying to take each day. And then adding in any bit of gardening that I can. And keeping up with the physio stuff...and increasing running and cycling times...As mentioned many times, I'm a very schedule oriented person so I am still trying to work out the best schedule that I can fit all the things without getting stressed/tense about it. I want it all to stay fun!

While my morning and afternoon were good yesterday and I felt a really nice balance of all the things, by evening I was feeling tired and tipping over into anxiety mode. So it was another evening of not getting the things done that I want to spend my evenings on (like piano, meditation, dishes)...so am going to try again to refocus efforts there.

Essentrics-30 min
walk-run-1-2 x9
extra walk time-50 min
protein-91%
carbs-135%
calories--around maintenance

While my morning and afternoon were good yesterday and I felt a really nice balance of all the things, by evening I was feeling tired and tipping over into anxiety mode.
Could you maybe plan a point of relaxation into your earlier day and do one of the fun active things early in the evening? Your mornings seem very full-on.

So nice you got the new bike at a good price. I hope it comes in fast and you get to test drive it soon. Do you think you are trying to push away the anxiety and maybe that is why it stays, because it isn't accepted? I have been thinking that is what I am doing when I get anxious. I am going to try practicing accepting my anxiety and see where that takes me. Your walk/run schedule sounds really perfect for you. So glad you are enjoying it.

Could you maybe plan a point of relaxation into your earlier day and do one of the fun active things early in the evening? Your mornings seem very full-on.
I don't really like doing active things in the evening, so that is my best time for quieter things like piano and meditation. Mornings are my good energy time. I sort of wrote out an ideal schedule and will try playing with that a bit of how to fit the things in without making them stressful. I do meditate every morning first thing though so I do get that relaxation time, and then have a leisurely breakfast before the active stuff begins :)
I love my evenings free& don't plan anything for them. You do have a very busy schedule, Liza. Could you go for an afternoon ride maybe?
I only have afternoons on Saturdays free, so my mornings and evenings are the times I have to work in all the other things...
Congrats on the new bike! Exciting! Part of me feels sorry for Bikey though because I am ridiculous like that, haha.
Oh no--i totally get that...as I rode away on Bikey after ordering the new bike, and we were riding so happy and free through the town together,I felt a twinge of sadness. But I will definitely keep him for now and try and keep taking him out on little rides...and he's my backup if my new one gets stolen...he's really served me so well. When I took him into the shop to talk to the guys about the changes I wanted in a new bike, I could see the guy looking at my bike with nostalgia...he was saying how this was the style of all the bikes when he started riding--he probably was just a few years younger than me. Everyone seems to really like Bikey a lot.
So nice you got the new bike at a good price. I hope it comes in fast and you get to test drive it soon. Do you think you are trying to push away the anxiety and maybe that is why it stays, because it isn't accepted? I have been thinking that is what I am doing when I get anxious. I am going to try practicing accepting my anxiety and see where that takes me. Your walk/run schedule sounds really perfect for you. So glad you are enjoying it.
I do try and practice acceptance with anxiety. Not so much to get rid of it (because that wouldn't be acceptance then haha) but yeah just to show myself that anxiety is fine to have and doesn't need to stop me from doing the things I want to do. It is an interesting practice because sometimes if I actually just feel the physical sensations of it rather than listen to the stories it's telling, it can actually feel sort of neat.

Official weigh in 141--so yeah creeping right back up...time to really start paying attention again!

Yesterday was pretty good for most of the day but I brought home some sweets and ate them in the evening...so yeah the snacking continues...and so does my recent low-grade anxiety...could all have to do with pms, also buying a bike that I'm now really worrying about how and where to lock it up...ah well so it goes.

Today is normally the day where I have the whole day to go on a nice long bike ride or hike or run and not worry about getting home for any particular time, but we did a time change for the weekly family meetup this week so I won't have the same freedom...it's too bad because i feel like I need that kind of day, but I'll just do my best with it.

That's interesting that when you feel your anxiety bodily it feels neat. I get a little overwhelmed by the physical sensations, but just tried reframing the feelings as excitement rather than anxiety (because of that thing where anxiety and excitement often feel similar - like on a rollercoaster it's hard to tell if you are excited or anxious). It worked - it didn't feel overwhelming!

When you go to pick up your new bike, I bet everyone in the bike shop will have good ideas for where to lock up your new bike and about inexpensive locks that work well. I'm glad you are hanging on to bikey! Maybe you can have it as a guest bike and have a friend go out with you sometimes.

I'm sure Bikey and his little brother will both find their place. How nice to have a weekly family meetup! Of course when you're an ordered person and it gets moved that's a bit jarring.

I think it's lovely that you feel attached to your bike. I hope you're able to fit in some fun exercise, Liza.
Thanks Cate. I did have a nice morning of a good walk-run session, followed by some nice meditative walking and sitting at the Old Friends Trails. I could have really used more time out there, but it's nice to have that close by to enjoy!
I hope the day works out for you Liza and you manage to get some outdoor time.
I feel like I kind of wasted a lot of the rest of my day after coming home early for the family meetup, but that's ok...we had one family member joining us who isn't normally there because of time zones (which is why we switched it to an earlier time) and it was great to see her.
Maybe you can have it as a guest bike and have a friend go out with you sometimes.
I was thinking that too.
but just tried reframing the feelings as excitement rather than anxiety (because of that thing where anxiety and excitement often feel similar - like on a rollercoaster it's hard to tell if you are excited or anxious). It worked - it didn't feel overwhelming!
Yeah it's so funny--I hardly ever think of myself as excited in a positive way. I just seem to go straight to anxious--but yeah like you say, some people actually seek out that kind of exciting/terrifying sensation and just see that as fun! So maybe we can reframe all our anxious times like that too haha
I'm sure Bikey and his little brother will both find their place. How nice to have a weekly family meetup! Of course when you're an ordered person and it gets moved that's a bit jarring.
Yeah my schedule way of life can be helpful, but I can definitely get a bit rigid with it and get all thrown off when changes happen.

So yeah yesterday a good walk-run for sure. With the new schedule including shorter recovery runs, I really find that the longer run times are much easier. Not that yesterday's was long but I can already see the added strength and energy while out. The time in the trails was gorgeous. There is one section that is mostly deciduous trees that is really shining right now. Indescribable beauty.

But yeah the rest of my day was really lazy and didn't get much at all done. Oh well. Maybe today will walk out to the garden store...I guess I should call them first and make sure they have that soil amendment in. I had a terrible sleep last night. I hope this worry streak is over soon...

walk-run 1-3 x8 pain-free
additional walk time-45 min
didn't record calories. Ate well for the most part--high protein foods.

Great to hear that your new run schedule is working well for you!
A bit of laziness on a Sunday is not a bad thing, but a bit of a walk would probably be nice as well.

The time in the trails was gorgeous. There is one section that is mostly deciduous trees that is really shining right now. Indescribable beauty.
I love hearing you describe your walks in nature.
I also had a terrible night's sleep. I hope we both catch up xo

Great to hear that your new run schedule is working well for you!
A bit of laziness on a Sunday is not a bad thing, but a bit of a walk would probably be nice as well.
Yeah I definitely would have liked more outdoor time on Saturday, but I have trouble getting going again once I come back home...I seem to get stuck on my couch :)
Sounds like a nice time on one of your favorite trail and having a lazy day.
The trails really are amazing right now--we are having a really gorgeous spring.
I love hearing you describe your walks in nature.
I also had a terrible night's sleep. I hope we both catch up xo
I slept well last night thankfully and am feeling a little better now. I hate that feeling of being tired and unable to do stuff.

Yesterday was nice. Walked out to get the garden amendment and this time they had it in stock. yay! and I walked a much nicer route along some trails that run alongside the ugly high-traffic road. Last time I assumed the trail would be too difficult with my cart, but it was totally fine and actually made for a lovely walk.

In the evening I went to a meditative church service with a couple of friends. Was really lovely. Beautiful music and some nice connecting time after the service with the friends as we all sat around afterwards in the sunshine and had a nice talk. One of them is going through a hard time with some medical issues.

I tried my best to fill in calories after the day was over. I want to stop the weight creeping up and think my only way is being more diligent about recording calories.

walk-75min
essentrics-30 min
protein-102%
carbs-116%
calories-maintenance

Ah, those tricky, sticky couches... For reasons that don't matter here I asked a patient if they lived in a bouncy castle earlier and then I realized that would be the most amazing thing ever. No way I'd stay on the couch if I could bounce off it!

I slept well last night thankfully and am feeling a little better now. I hate that feeling of being tired and unable to do stuff.
Me too.
Your day sounds lovely, Liza :)

Back