Lisa's Journey

Friday:
Breakfast: SlimFast Shake with Protein Powder and a mug of decaff
Snack: Wasa Crackers with Nutella and a Mandarine and another mug of decaff
Lunch: i brought a sandwich and cucumbers

so far I have resisted the cookie tin, wish me luck that I can continue to resist.

I'm not sure yet what to make for dinner...

Beverages: Two mugs decaff and water
Exercise: none - friday mornings I always talk to my mom on the phone for an hour, therefore I have no time for anything else:D

time to update my own diary.

While leaving advice all over the forum, I am actually not that good at following it myself:(.

On the weekend we had the christmas parties from work, one on saturday and the other one on sunday - at least we are done:rolleyes:

Well, on saturday i started baking cookies...and snacking while at it, obviously:(
then in the evening we had the first x-mas party. I ordered a caesar salad with chickenbreast, cause I wanted dessert. Well for dessert I ordered something called chocolate explosion. My hubby doesn't like chocolate that much, but those desserts have to be shared, they are so huge. Anyway, he had about three bites and I had the rest. I am a person that if I order dessert in the restaurant, I can't let it go back...just seems wrong - it's different if you're only ordering one meal and it is to big, but if I have to have dessert, I will finish it - so I did...I still felt sick 2 hours later. It was too much and way too rich - I never had anything like it before....and to be honest....I wouldn't want it again - not because it wasn't good, but it was just too much.

Anyway sunday then we had a late breakfast and a later lunch and off we went to the next x-mas party. There they had a buffet - deadly, but I was actually doing ok. I put salad and veggies on my plate first and then I didn't have a lot of room for everything else....I skipped the pasta salads, eggs and a few more items, had to try all the meat dishes, but only very little of each and only a tiny spoon of mashed potatoes. When the waitress came to take the plate, I gave away my cutlery as well, so I couldn't go again. Felt very good, but then my husband discovered the dessert bar and that was it. We shared five pieces of cheese-cake - all different kinds between the two of us...I had three, he two...and a small bowl of english trifle.

And to top it off I received a box of chocolates as a gift - a whole pound!!:eek:

Monday:
Breakfast: Slimfast Shake and decaff coffee
Snack: we received a package from Europe with Christmas Cookies and Chocolates - guess what I had:eek:
Lunch: Sandwich and a Mandarine
Snack: same as in the morning...
Dinner: Goulash Soup
Snack: two cookies (the ones I made on the weekend)

Beverages: one mug decaff, one mug decaff with hot chocolate powder, water and some juice

Exercise: our property had a few lakes on the walkway, so no laps with the dogs, but I had puppy class at night and believe me - I got my workout!!

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cereal and a mug of decaff
Snack: still lots of cookies in the office, plus a small sandwich with nutella
Lunch: Sandwich and Cucumber
Dessert: piece of chocolate

Beverages: two mugs of decaff and water
Exercise: none so far. property walk still under water

I don't know what it is, but this year I have absolutely no control when it comes to christmas baking and chocolates. I already had six cookies and one piece of chocolate and I know that I won't be able to stop there. That stash in the office kitchen is basically calling my name already. I used to be able to resist at least to a point, but not so this year. If I keep this up I will for sure gain some weight:(:(:(

Lisa, don't get so down on yourself! This is a difficult season to loose weight. Food is a big part of the whole 'christmas season' I'm sure its something you have done since childhood! Just keep at things and you will do just fine I promise!

Arg the office goodies!!! I used to hate that as its usually really good stuff. Do you have a buddy in the office that can help be your conscious and vice versa? Make it fun, get ten stars each to start, each time you eat a cookie she takes a star, vice versa. Whoever, has the least stars at the end of the week has to take the other for a manicure, or a movie or whatever would be motivating to get. I like a challenge so if I know I am working for something resisiting is a little bit easier.
Or hit yourself where it hurts. When every you eat a cookie or goodie you have to put a dollar in a jar, and the winner gets the winnings!!!!!
Or buy some slim fast "snack bars" they are smaller than the meal bars so when the other indulge in the chocolates,..you can have a bit of your bar. I bought some last night...not bad, but hey anything taste better than the wasa cracker (aka cardboard) I had for snack previously. *lol*

*****Update on the slim fast snacks bars,... 28% calories from fat...you might as well eat real chocolate :p

Last edited:
HI there,

not much time today...but I wanted to thank you for the input.
I'll have to do something that's for sure....

My list for today
Breakfast: Slimfast and a decaff coffee
Snack: 7 various cookies
Lunch: two sandwiches with meat and cheese plus an orange
Dessert: Purdys Hedgehog (has been sitting on my desk for two days already)
Snack: Cheesecake with Strawberries (that came from hubbies Mom - not helping)
Dinner: not sure yet - I am alone....I made spaghetti with tomatoe sauce

Exercise: none - still water on the walkways
Beverages: two mugs decaff, one mug hot chocolate, water

PS: I think I am getting there though....the sweet stuff doesn't tempt me as much anymore...I'd rather have something salty...maybe I'm finally fed up with all the sweet stuff...wouldn't that be nice??

no luck with the sweet tooth yet....still heavily into the cookies:rolleyes:

yesterday I had over 10 and today so far 2, but I'll post the rest of the stuff I ate.

Thursday:
Breakfast: SlimFast and a decaff coffee
Snack: 5 cookies and a sandwich with nutella
snack: apple
Lunch: sandwich with meat and cheese and two mandarins
Snack: 6 cookies
Dinner: Pasta Carbonara

Exercise: maybe 1.5 laps with the dog - still flooded
Beverages: 2 mugs of decaff, water and some juice

Friday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Snack: Sandwich with nutella and two cookies

Lunch: two small sandwiches

have to think hard to try and remember

I know that I had some more cookies
and for dinner I had the leftovers from Thursday.

no dessert, no exercise and drank lots of water plus one mug of decaff

Saturday:

Breakfast: three cookies and some cereal
Lunch: Sandwich with meat and cheese plus 4 baby carrots
Snack: Zone Bar
Dinner: Spaghetti
Snack: some chocolate (2 or 3)

Beverages: two mugs of decaff and water (probably not enough)
Exercise: none

Sunday:
Brunch: Mexican Omelette with Pan Fries and Corn Bread - yummy and so unhealthy....
Snack: 3 cookies and a mandarine
Dinner: Mashed Potatoes and Stew
Snack: chocolate (2-3)

Beverages: three mugs of decaff and water
Exercise: none

Monday:
Breakfast: Cereal
Snack: two cookies
Lunch: Sandwich with meat and cheese and a mandarine
Dessert: 5 cookies
Snack: Huge piece of cheesecake and strawberries (it was a huge huge piece and I didn't fell good after finishing:eek:, still don't feel well and it's been over one hour....but i had to finish it - so so st*&%^%

Beverages: two mugs of decaff and water
Exercise: 20 minutes various stretches, push-ups, lunges, squats and 5 minutes on the Nordic Track

You do realize that there is a law about not finishing cheese cake. OH, sorry that is in my dream world,..I often mix it up with reality :eek: Anyway it should be a criminal offence.

so true - well I did feel better once I got home and after dinner enjoyed twp pieces of chocolate...so the bad feeling didn't last long and my tummy recovered fast...but thank you very much for making me feel better:D

rest of monday:
Dinner: Leftovers from Suday and yoghurt with jam
Dessert: two pieces of chocolate ( I got a whole pound of chocolates at the christmas party last sunday...managed to leave the box closed until the weekend, but now I just have to have some every day...at least I am not taking ay to work....)

Exercise: I actually managed sort of two laps with the dog...one side is free, so I just turn around and go back, when the puddles start.

Tuesday:
Breakfast: two slices whole grain toast with nutella and a mug of decaff
Second Breakfast: two slices multigrain toast with nutella and a mug of decaff
and another mug of decaff
Snack: three cookies
Lunch: Sandwich with meat and cheese and baby carrots

Beverages: three mugs decaff:eek: and water

Exercise: two laps with the dog.

Keep up the good work Lisa! I"m proud of you! I just read above about the cheesecake, I do believe there is a law against throwing away a perfectly good cheesecake(and chocolate) This time of year is hard on everyone, and if you can get through it without gaining weight, give yourself a pat on the back! Can I add my 2 cents about something (thats all its worth) I noticed you don't seem to drink much milk. Fat free milk is low in calories and you really need calcium!! I a certified nurses aid and I've seen the effects of ostoperosis (did i spell that right?). Anywho...keep up the good work!

Hi Lisa,
I would just like to say that I like reading your diary as even when you have a bad day you pick yourself back up again and start all over. You’re an inspiration.

thank you for the nice comments:)

newbride...your 'two cents' are always welcome here. Thanks for the tip about the milk...I'll try and add some more to my diet. So far it's only in the coffee and when I have cereal...maybe I should make it one of my snacks during the day:rolleyes:

Tuesday cont.

I think I had about 5 more cookies for snacks:( :eek:
Dinner: scrambeled egg with meat and cheese
Dessert: 3 pieces of chocolate (ts ts ts)

Exercise: two laps with the pooch

no time or energy for anything else.....

Back