Lisa's Journey

Lisa3

OK - here it goes...

How much weight do I want to lose?
not really sure - I want to fit into my favorite pants again

What's the time-frame?
as soon as possible - three months at the most

How do I want to accomplish?
starting to exercise:rolleyes: and cut out the "c" foods (chips, chocolate, cake):D

Who or what can support me?
My husband and hopefully this forum

How realistic is the goal?
Very - I've fit into them before...

When will you start?
now here's a problem - I'd like to say now, but I still have quite a stash of my favorite chocolates at home and me and exercise - I think I described my problem there. OK - I have to start sometime so make it Monday 23-02-04

So - the first step is done. I am looking forward to the necessary 'reminders' from all you guys:)

Guess I could write down what I eat starting today already...

Morning: Bowl of Cereal with 2% Milk, 3 mugs of coffee with milk and sugar (raw)

Snack: Banana

two cookies (had already forgotten about that:eek: )

Lunch: Salad with Ranch Dressing and canned salmon

The rest is still to come...I'll update later

4 pieces of chocolate

Snack: lunchmeat, cheese & apple

Dinner: Tortilla with chicken and cheese and a banana for dessert

Beverages: 2.5 l tea and 1 l water

The weekend has been so lala. I drank a lot of tea and coffee.

Breakfast - Oatmeal on both days

Lunch - salad with salmon on Sunday a sandwich on Saturday

Dinner - Pizza on Saturday, Chicken and Salad on Sunday

in between - one piece of cake, one banana, one orange
not bad - I'm satisfied....no chocolate on the weekend at all:):)

Monday

Breakfast - two cups of coffee (milk& sugar), Oatmeal (protein powder and raspberry jam)
in between - two cups of decaf coffee (milk & sugar)

i'll update later

oh - I almost forgot. I managed to do 10 situps, 10 push-ups and 10 squats - didn't have time for more, but it's a start...

Lunch: Fruit (grapes, apple, banana) in a low fat plain yoghurt and some turkey bacon
Dessert: 4 pieces of chocolate

Dinner: half a Pizza and some Grapes

Beverages: Tea and water approx 2-3l

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Protein Powder and Jam
1.5 mugs of coffee (milk & sugar)

Snack: ZonePerfect Bar

Lunch: Fruit, Yoghurt, Turkey Bacon

Dinner Pizza and Fruit and Yoghurt

Beverages 2.5l Tea

Wednesday

Breakfast: One SlimFast Shake with 1% Milk and Protein Powder, plus 1 Mug of Coffee (Milk & Sugar)
Snack: Zone Perfect Bar
Lunch: Fruit & Yoghurt + Turkey Bacon
Snack: Meat& Cheese & Apple
Dinner: Wrap with Ground Beef, Peppers & Tomatoes
Dessert: some Grapes

Beverages: 1l Tea & 1l Water
Exercise: 15 squats

I have to commend you...U were doing great on the diary...I wanta start writing down what I eat..may help me control myself...lol. I would suggest you go to the next step now...since ur doing so well with Ur diet (It's the other way around with me) I think a treadmill is a valuable machine to invest in. If you don't have one...I ahve found walking at our local mall..early in the morning...helps alot. Not very many people around..I luv to look around..even when I am unable to buy anything. Just try to walk at a steady pace..for as long as U can. It is very important to do Ur stretches...be4 & after U walk. U can do it! I am goin start writing down what I eat in my weight-loss journal tomorrow. :D @};-

tz tz tz tz tz

there I get complimented on my diary and what do I do - I don't show up for a week.

You guys are so so right....my exercising still st... - actually it is non existent. I just can't get the drive....worst of all I sometimes sit around in the evening looking for something to do, but do you think exercise would pop into my head as something I could do??? No Way - so silly....I have to change that!!! Sometime tonight I will make at least 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 squats

There - I wrote it down...now I can't forget, right.

Ok here my eating plan of the day

Breakfast: Shake & 2 mugs of Coffee (with milk & sugar)
more coffee with milk & sugar
Snack: Protein Bar
tea
Lunch: Fruit, Yoghurt and Baconstyle Turkey
Dessert: 1 Werthers Candy
water
Snack: Crackers and Grapes
Dinner: Chicken Breast with Baked Potatoe and Veggies or Salad

That's it for now - I will update tomorrow

Wish me luck for my first exercise commitment....I willl try to start tonight and continue tomorrow morning:)

and another week just slipped through my fingers...I don't know what's going on right now, but I just don't get around to keeping this diary.

So here I start again. I actually exercised last Thursday and once I had started I did more than I had planned, which is always a good thing, unfortunately that was it:eek: - I don't know what's wrong with me in that department. I just can't get over that first hurdle and start. Most of the time I simply forget and when I remember then it's to late either bedtime or I have to leave for work. I hope I find the trigger soon:rolleyes:

As for my eating - lately I don't eat as regularly anymore. I forget my snack then I can't decide whether to skip it an go straight to lunch. If I move lunch back then I miss the next snack and am starved by the time I get home and dinner ready. On top of it I don't feel like cooking most of the time. I still try to eat healthy, but I guess I have to get back on track a little better. Maybe then I get the energy to exercise;)

I will start over tomorrow!!!

HI Natalie,

thanks for the reminder. I planned on starting over the next day, but it didn't work. Now is a new week and I will try to start over again. I haven't exercised yet, but hopefully I get home early enough and can stay outside for a while, maybe go for a walk. I guess that's important for me first. Clear my head and get some fresh air and then maybe some energy to do something more.
I got my diet back on track though:)

Breakfast: Oatmeal, two mugs of coffee (milk + sugar)
Snack: Apple, Cracker and Cheese, two mugs of decaff coffee (milk + sugar)
Lunch: Ceasar Salas with Ranch Dressing and Croutons, water
Snack: Strawberries
Dinner: Tortilla with roasted chicken breast, red pepper, tomatoe, onion and some salsa

Drinks: Approx. 1.5l of water, and 2 mugs of tea

Originally posted by Lisa
Tuesday:

Snack: ZonePerfect Bar

Lunch: Fruit, Yoghurt, Turkey Bacon

Beverages 2.5l Tea

Wow, Lisa, you have certainly been perfecting your diet since the first post! Way To go!!!!!!! Really great that you seem to have expunged the chocolates... and even better that you have started on a mini exercise program....

Of course (you guessed it) I have some suggestions.......:cool:

--------------------------

-----------------------------
Use chopped up melon and strawberries instead of jam, and if that's not reaching your "sweet" need, add a pinch of Stevia to sweeten it up.

Snack: ZonePerfect Bar - Excellent!

Lunch: Fruit, Yoghurt, Turkey Bacon - Great, but watch the fruit choices - try to stick with strawberries and cantaloupe as much as possible.

--You're gonna hate me .....;)...but

do the pizza thing for lunch instead - remember - carbs should be consumed before the evening!

Fruit is fine, as long is it's a low carb type. Have a zonebar for a treat once in a while.

----------------------

As I mentioned to All Canadian Boy - we can't just remove carbs from our diet, but we do have to increase our protein intake. For us girls it's very important to do workouts to help increase calcium to the bones .

I can sympathise with you having trouble getting an exercise program started, and I think you might do better if you join a fitness club - for some reason, once one has enrolled in one of those programs, one feels obligated to get out and use the facility.

I do all my workouts at home, but this works only because I am now motivated. It certainly wasn't working before....

You are doing great and if you keep on tweaking at your program, you will achieve your goal and maintain the weight and size that you want.

Keep up the good work ....

Cheers

Weezy

Thanks for your comments Weezy, that really helps and wants me to keep going and do better. I actually managed to go for a short walk yesterday - I even would've liked to stay outside longer, but it got too late...the kitchen was calling:D

But you are right - once I go outside it is actually fun:)

Tuesday:

(Weezy - i need to finish that one glass, then I will try your suggestion with the fresh fruit), 1.5 mugs coffee (milk & sugar)
at work: 2 mugs of decaff (milk & sugar)
Snack: Zone Perfect Bar
Lunch: I brought a sandwich
Dessert: some grapes
Snack: cracker meat and cheese
Dinner: Wrap with gound beef and veggies

Beverages: water & tea

Exercise: nothing yet...hopefully a walk tonight:) - it rained and was cold, so I declined:rolleyes:

Whatever you do - don't get hungry....

A couple of last thoughts - no matter what diet you choose to follow - never let yourself get hungry - make sure that you always have a nutricious and appealing snack on hand, and drink lots of water....often when we feel hungry we are actualy dehydrated. :eek:

My healthfood store guy always laughs when I come in since I usually clear him right out of zone bars - I prefer those Raspberry Chocolate flavoured ones and there never seem to be enough on hand.....:mad:

another thing is that EVERYBODY is different - so what works for me, may not work for you, and so on, so when you are trying to follow a diet, you have to find out what works best for you. :D

I attached a pix of a park near where I live - a winter scene at -20 C! We sometimes take the dog there for walks.

Cheers

Weezy

Attachments

• lake2d.jpg
    lake2d.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 58
HI Weezy,

looks like a lot of water...does your dog swim, mine would be right in there:):):)

I actually prefer the peanut butter zone bars - yumm;
and you are correct, often my biggest problem is not having enough snacks and then I go for the cookies and stuff that are all to available everywhere. But I am trying to get better on that one.

Lunch: Fruit, Yoghurt, Turkey Bacon - Great, but watch the fruit choices - try to stick with strawberries and cantaloupe as much as possible.

Currently I use either apple, pears & grapes or blueberries (frozen from last year) Strawberries are just arriving in the stores, so I think I will switch to them within the next few weeks. I am not a Cantaloupe fan. It's very hard to find one that actually tastes good - I must be doing something wrong when picking them out. Anyhow, my husband doesn't like them at all, so I try to get fruit we both like to eat.

Back