Lisa's Journey

Friday

Breakfast: Shake (SlimFast and Protein Powder in Triple Berry Soy Drink) - was a little sweet, but good - and my 2 mugs of coffee
Work - 2.5 mugs of coffee
Snack: Zone Bar
Lunch: Sandwich with Meat and Cheese plus Cucumber
Dessert: Strawberry Cheese Cake
Snack: meat, cheese & apple
Dinner: don't know yet

Beverages: coffee and water so far

Exercise: Jogging twice around the field (total approx 15-20min)

weekend was good - food and activity wise

Today:
Breakfast: Kellogs Special K, Cheerios, Strawberries, Pear with 1% milk, Protein Powder and some Soy Beverage
Lunch: Kalamari with Ceasar Salad, Rice and Pita Bread (yumm)
Snack: still too full
Dinner: probably Sushi

Beverages: Coffee (milk & sugar) 2 mugs reg & 2 mugs decaff, Water so far 2.5l

Exercise: 20 min walk in the morning, grocerie shopping after work - I have an arm long list:(

missed one day again...

had my regular breakfast and lunch, but then:(:(:( Donut and French Vanilla Cappuccino :(:(:(

Dinner normal again, actually small portion and small dessert

today so far
Breakfast: Slimfas Shake
Lunch: Sandwich and Cucumber
Snack: Turkey Bacon ,Cheese, Peanuts and apple
Dinner: don't know yet

Beverages: Coffee reg & decaff, Water (2l)
Exercise: 20 min walk with the dog and I have a huge grocery list for after work

and almost another two weeks later...

it seems I have lost a little bit of weight. I could wear my favorite pants last Friday to a party and even enjoy the food:):)

My dog walks nicer on the leash now, so the resistance is down, but I started to run with him a little. All in all I do approx 20-30 minutes a day.

Eating is still the same, although the weekend was bad... Birthday Party to go to Friday night and overnight guests...
I had some cake and cookies and an icecream cone, therefore less fruit. I drank pop instead of water....
bad bad bad
but the houseguests are gone for the week, so I will get back to my regular eating!

All in all I am not doing to badly, if only I could get myself to exercise more. I would really like to tone up some more...I'll continue to look for the right trigger that will get me into the swing.

another 10 days just flew by...

Eating wasn't too bad...I have to have my treats, but it wasn't too bad (as I am finishing my cream-filled donut:()

Exercising still leaves much to be desired, but in two weeks our houseguests are leaving and we can turn the guestroom into an exercise room and the nice entertainment center gets moved into that room. Maybe that will get me going...would be nice, cause I still haven't found that motivation button. Well right now I have the perfect excuse, because we have visitors and I'm already gone all day, so we do stuff together at night.

and another three weeks later. We have our exercise room and I managed to exercise exactly once:eek:

Well I am still walking my Pup once or twice a day - i have bad allergies and the dog loves jumping into the field:(, so I often only take the morning walk (grass is still wet, so it doesn't bother me as much).

By diet is not perfect - I snack a lot, have icecream in the freezer and chocolate in the fridge (leftovers from May). I try to eat healthy, but lately have my sweet treats on a daily basis. Weight is still ok though and I managed to wear my favorite pants to work yesterday...I hope the weight doesn't come with delay.

Maybe I should start writing down what I eat again and shock myself into skipping the treats:rolleyes:

until next time - hopefully not such a long pause...

Hang in Lisa!!!!

Originally posted by Lisa
and another three weeks later. We have our exercise room and I managed to exercise exactly once:eek:

Don't feel bad - I set up a great exercise room and have NEVER used it. I do all my exercises in the bedroom ...not what you're thinking .....:D

Well I am still walking my Pup once or twice a day - i have bad allergies and the dog loves jumping into the field:(, so I often only take the morning walk (grass is still wet, so it doesn't bother me as much).

Isn't that a joy? My allergies are awful and walking the dog doesn't help . Every day some new pollen appears. :mad: ....

By diet is not perfect - I snack a lot, have icecream in the freezer and chocolate in the fridge (leftovers from May). I try to eat healthy, but lately have my sweet treats on a daily basis. Weight is still ok though and I managed to wear my favorite pants to work yesterday...I hope the weight doesn't come with delay.

Best idea is turf all the bad stuff out and get yourself a stack of low carb/no carb treats. Atkins makes the Endulge line for those times when you just have to have a sweet of some kind.

Maybe I should start writing down what I eat again and shock myself into skipping the treats:rolleyes:

Now there is a great idea ...

:D

Cheers for now

Weezy

Nice to get and stay in pants that fit isn't it--especially your fav's. I am so tired of wearing things I hate because they are all that fits! :rolleyes: But, It is all getting loose, so....

I know what you mean about ice cream. I made an ice cream BAN in our house---special occasions only---and that doesn't mean --yay, It's Tuesday. ;) They are not pleased with me, but I told them they know where the ice cream shop is. :p

HI everybody, thanks for the responses...

Weezy - I can't throw the stuff out:eek:
but I will make sure that I don't eat from it everyday...the icecream i have is supposed to last all summer, so I really can't eat it too often, luckily I am able to spread it out if I know that there isn't anymore coming:D

but...here I go with writing it down so it won't get too much out of hand...let's start with yesterday...

No time for breakfast in the morning so I had a Slimfast Bar and half a Low Carb Crunch as soon as I got to work.

Snack was a Zone Bar, Lunch a Sandwich and a pepper, another snack was an apple, rest of the Low Carb Crunch bar and 2 cookies.

Dinner was a 'Schnitzel' and a bowl of vanilla icecream with chocolate cover (only a very small amount).

Beverages was coffee with milk & sugar in the morning and at work and water the rest of the day, approx. 2.5 - 3.5 litres.

Not too bad, just have to work on replacing the icecream with fruit and veggies....I can do this, I know it!!

As for exercise....I took the pup for a few walks (all between 5 and 30 minutes). That's about it.

We are moving with the office at work today, so I will count that as my weight lifting exercise...and I was packing all day yesterday - does that count???

Today so far I had my two cups of coffee with milk and sugar and a slimfast shake with protein powder.

I will update later....

Replace with frozen Whey Gourmet

Originally posted by Lisa

Not too bad, just have to work on replacing the icecream with fruit and veggies....I can do this, I know it!!

I only have time to answer part of your post. The icecream can be replaced with a delicious frozen concoction that comes out like soft icecream, and tastes great!!!!

In an ice cube tray freeze almond milk

In your blender put:

1/4 to 1/2 cup frozen (unsweetened) raspberries, blackberrries, blueberries or strawberries

1 scoop Whey Gourmet powder (your fave flavour - Capuccino Frappe is AWESOME)

Remove 5-6 cubes of frozen almond milk from freezer tray, and in a heavy plastic bag break them some with a heavy item, like a hammer. They break easily and once broken, add them to you blender.

Set blender on low speed and let it rip for a few moments, then up the speed. Do this graudally so as not to stress the blender motor too much.

Finish on high spead, quicky pout contents into a bowl and consume immediately. YUM!

Note: If you prefer a drink, just add some cold almond milk to the blender and reduce your frozen cubes to 3.

You COULD make this with milk, but if you are lactase intolerant the almond milk is a great substitute, plus both the whey Gourmet and the almond milk are providing you with protein, so it counts toward the total protein intake.

Cheers

Weezy

Weezy, that sounds delicious - I'll have to try that. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.

Quick update for Friday.

one Zone Bar as a snack
We had Pizza during the move, so I had one piece and half a glass of pop (root beer):eek:
one low carb crunch
dinner was a bowl of cereal and some icecream

Saturday:
Breakfast: Cereal with fresh fruit and coffee with milk & sugar
Snack: Low Carb Crunch Bar
Lunch: Sandwich and Peppers
Dinner: chicken breast, Bratwurst, Baked Potatoe &
Zucchini
Dessert: Ice Coffee

Sunday:
Breakfast: Cereal with Fruit and coffee with milk & sugar
Snack: Chocolate Fudge Protein Bar
Lunch: Brezel with Meat & Cheese and Peppers
Dessert: Ice Coffee
Dinner: Schnitzel, Baked Potatoe and red cabbage
Dessert: Fruit & Yoghurt

On Friday we christened our Pool - we bought one of those backyard pools that build themselves up when you fill them with water. It's 15' in diameter and a lot of fun - we went 'swimming' everyday on the weekend. That plus walking with the dog was all the 'exercise' I did for the day.

Monday:

Breakfast: Coffee with milk & sugar and SlimFast Shake with Protein Powder...tried to mix the powders with some of my coffee - didn't work:(...I drank it anyway...

Snack: Nectarine
Lunch: Sandwich with Peppers
Dessert: 4 pieces of chocolate

so far approx. 2.5l of water besides the two cups of coffee.

Snack: Ham& Cheese, Peanuts and Apple
Dinner: Scrameled Eggs in a Tortilla, with Salsa
Dessert: Fruit & Yoghurt (with Almonds and Cereal)

Tuesday

Breakfast: Coffee with milk & sugar, SlimFast Shake with Protein Powder
Lunch: 2 slices of Pizza
Dessert: one piece of chocolate
Snack: Low Carb Crunch

Beverages: 2 cups of coffee and approx. 3l water

Exercise: twice around the field with the pup

After work we hopped into the backyard pool and played around for almost an hour. We got out, I had a few bites of a TV Dinner (Stouffers) and went right back in. I had promised my nice to swim with her and I wanted to keep my promise. Another 30 - 45 minutes later I went into the house. Had some fruit & cereal with yoghurt and cup of tea to warm up:D

That was the rest of the day.

Wednesday:
Breakfast: the usual
Snack: same
Snack: Nectarine
Lunch: Sanwich and Peppers
Dessert: piece of chocolate and small candy bar

Beverages: so far 2 cups of caffeine free coffee (not counting breakfast) and about 2l of water....thinking about making some tea...it's not that warm today.

didn't quite work with the daily updates, but here I am again.

Last week went pretty well, still no improvement on the exercise front :eek:

The weekend was ok too, we had a very late dinner on Saturday and I just needed to have some icecream on Sunday, but the rest was very good.

today so far I had a Slimfast Bar, a chef salad, a low carb crunch bar, a cinnamon roll, one apple and a piece of chocolate.
I drank about 1.2 l of water and the usual amount of coffee.

It's a really nice day here, so I might go swimming later today...have to see, when I get home.

didn't work with the swimming. Matter of fact...it didn't work all week - maybe today....

Eating was as usual...little sins here and there, but nothing major.

Exercising still leaves much to be desired...still haven't found that magic button..how do you guys do it?:(

time for another update....

here I go about writing in Kates diary that it is a good idea to write down what you eat...guess that's why I'm not doing it right now.

Well - I only cheat myself, so I will write down what I ate..if I can get it all together - I guess it makes more of an impression if I only write down the bad stuff...if that adds up to too much - hopefully I'll find the end to this...

Friday:
a nice co-worker brought some doughnuts to work and althoug I had breakfast I couldn't resist and one wasn't good enough either - it had to be two and on top of all my regular good food I also had to have chocolate at work and later at home:(

Saturday:
actually pretty good except for the chocolate in the evening (I know I should only endulge every once in a while, not on a daily basis:eek: )

Sunday: we were invited for dinner and obviously I had to have dessert - icecream with berries - and because it was an early dinner I also needed some chocolate for the night:eek:

Monday: another nice co-worker brought something to work - similar to ricecrispie squares and so so yummy - I dropped all my snacks and fruit for it....only had my regular lunch...this even sounds worse than it felt:eek: :confused:

Tuesday: everything went well until I got home - too late to make dinner and therefore I just had fruit and yoghurt and topped it off with - guess what ......you're right - chocolate....

Wednesday: pretty normal day, but I had to have chocolate:(:(

Now from today on I will write down everything again....so far I had...

Breakfast: Slimfast Shake with Banana and Strawberry & Protein Powder - boy was that ever sweet...

Snack: Zone Bar (chocolate mint yumm)

Lunch: Yoghurt with fruit (strawberries, banana, grapes), almonds and some turkey bacon
Dessert 2 pieces of chocolate

Beverages: 1.5 mugs of coffee with milk and sugar, 2 mugs of decaff milk & sugar, approx 1 l of water and 2 mugs of tea.

I still feel stuffed from lunch but already keep thinking about my next snack - I guess I'll have a chewing gum...hopefully that helps.

That's it for now...I will update later or tomorrow

rest of Thursday...

Snack: slice of ham, some peanuts and peppers

Pre-Dinner: 4-8 sour candies and two chocolates
Dinner: filled Tortilla (ground lamb, peppers, mushrooms, onion & garlic)
Dessert: fruit and yoghurt (only a tiny little bit)

Beverages: Glas of Juice mixed with Carbonated Water, Tea, Water

Friday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Protein Powder and Raspberry Jam plus two mugs of coffee (milk&sugar)

Snack: low carb crunch, chocolate

Lunch: Fruit & Yoghurt plus Turkey Bacon

Beverages: two mugs of coffee (milk & sugar, two mugs of decaff (milk& sugar), one glas of water.

Exercise: twice around the field with the dogs

Back