Llama

Yay for planning, but a special yay for a day off!
šŸƒšŸŒ& šŸ¦Ž? [I couldnā€™t find a leech]
Hiking group?
Enjoy your day, LaMa šŸ˜˜

:D A hiking group indeed. I can never remember what they're really called so I'm going to call them leaves, lizards, and leeches instead... What I really want is a group that does guided walks with information on the local plants and animals and apparently they do a little bit of that but it can't be a lot if it doesn't have a header on the website. Oh well: good thing to dig into in this long weekend.

I had another strange dream: a mash-up between Notre-Dame de Paris and Les MisƩrables (plus a bit of Greek mythology...) with myself as a deformed blacksmith who pretends to have gone insane in order to stay alive and pacifist during the French Revolution while everyone wants him to make weapons? Weirdo. Probably still didn't drink enough water last night, even though I had so much. And just now I caught myself considering not drinking more because I need to weigh myself in the morning. That way ED's lie though, so lemme get a nice big drink of water before going back to sleep...

Wwird dreams continued but they were the funny kind so I'm not complaining.

Official post-vacation weigh-in: 79.5 kg. Exactly the same as before, which is pretty awesome. I didn't sleep in until halfway through the morning, fast in the evening, or get super dehydrated so I think it's a valid number.

Got some (=loads of) garlic roasting but I'm already hungry and don't want to wait so I'm saving energy by also popping a baguette into the oven and switching breakfast and dinner. While that bakes I might as well clean my mushrooms so those'll be easily grabbable when I need them later as well.

OMG you guys I was getting dressed after my post-run shower and noticed that the second row of my abs is coming in! The lateral outline is always visible for me if I flex but never the cross-lines so IĀ“m stupidly excited :rotflmao: Not that it means anything about my bodyfat percentage or that IĀ“ll ever have a sixpack (IĀ“m a middle-aged woman: a sixpack would not be a healthy thing to strive for) but it makes me feel so fit! :party:

Had a good day. Did what I wanted to do and had s nice chat with a friend. Was quite hungry though, even though I had plenty of protein and around 2000 kcal. If the same happens tomorrow I'll have an extra snack but for today I thought I'd leave it since my body may still be recovering from the whiplash that is going from normal food to a week of all the snacks, back to normal food.
Tomorrow
- Garlic quark pitas with veggies.
- Bit of shopping.
- Lentil stew.
- Walk.
- Maybe a burger and fries... Or maybe airfried potatoes and the last three chicken wings, with a salad. I'm getting super hungry thinking about food! Oh, I've also got a portion of chicken and rice left so that's another option. I guess it depends on how active I feel.
- Possible snacks: protein pudding with fruit, fruit and nuts, crackers with cheese and lettuce.

Wow, LaMa! 79.5 after your holiday & seeing the second row of your abs? Go, you!!!
Planning what we are going to eat ahead of time is just so important. I never thought I would say it, but I am enjoying logging everything I put in my mouth & can see what I need & of course getting results. I am so looking forward to getting back to where you are now & getting fitter again.

Thanks, Cate! The visible abs were gone again as soon as the pump from running wore off but I don't care. I didn't even know running could give me a pump and I like it :rotflmao:

I love Sohla and I love this series.

Bought myself a new eau de toilette (on sale) to celebrate not having gained weight over my vacation. My stew is delicous, my pitas were delicious, and IĀ“m already looking forward to having hotwings with spicy airfried potatoes tonight. Quite hungry again today, even right after breakfast, but the lentils seem to be doing their job for now.

Hunger was less in the afternoon. Yay pulses :) DidnĀ“t feel like having more dairy today so had fruit with a couple of cashews (estimated 15 g) for a snack instead of protein pudding. Nowhere near the protein, of course, but I was doing pretty well on that front today anyway. For dinner I had three small wings, 5 small potatoes (as in: the largest was golf ball sized, the smallest half that) and a salad consisting of a handful of baby spinach, a handful of arugula, half a tablespoon of sweet chilisauce, and maybe half an airfried bell pepper. Did some dusting, ran a load of laundry, cleaned the floors, played games... Should probably go for a walk before bed before I was quite lazy for most of the day. Quite gloriously so.

Plan for tomorrow:

- Garlic quark pitas with ham and veggies
- Family exercise
- Lentil stew
- Run
- Sichuan chicken&rice

The dream about being a deformed blacksmith sounds sort of epic :p I should buy sichuan peppers, if I could only find them in my local Asian groceries...! Congrats on the post run pump. It's pretty epic to notice those little moments of the body just being at it's peak, look- and feeling-wise.

PS: the video is really interesting!

Tonight's nightmare: I'm part of a cult and something/someone sets of "the end". Hundreds of beehives suddenly empty out in our compound and the angry bees chase everyone out in a panic. Days later: I'm looking for shelter and people are still panicking or angry. Bees cover every surface. The bees never stung me (or afaict anyone else) though: they just spread fear.
I wasn't dehydrated, was sleeping on my belly and it wasn't hotter in my apartment than it normally is. Not anxious before bed, didn't binge or eat sugary stuff. No idea why I'm having nightmares but it's at least the third night in a row. Maybe my body isn't liking the transition back from a cold bedroom? Or at least today it could've been lack of movement/too much computer time as I didn't go for that walk before bed.
The dream about being a deformed blacksmith sounds sort of epic :p
I try to keep descriptions of my dreams short - if I mention them at all - because nobody really wants to hear about other people's dream but that was a pretty epic one :D Oh hey, this could be a chance to try the spoiler tag because I really need to get this weirdness out if I want to sleep more!
I should buy sichuan peppers, if I could only find them in my local Asian groceries...!
This version isn't homemade but thank you for reminding me that was a thing I wanted to work toward! I find Asian cooking daunting because of my allergies but there are plenty of Asian grocery stores in Vienna and if I can get over feeling like people stare at me when I'm the only white person there (which I was, the times I went, because Austria is weird) making stuff from scratch is just a lot safer (remembers curry fiasco :flame: - ok but at least that wasn't life threatening) and I do love having access to the extra variety of flavors.
You seem to have settled back better this year, LaMa after your holiday home & are solidly back on track :)
Thank you, I think so too! No idea what's happening with my sleep though. I hope it settles soon.

Just woke up with hunger breath. Is that an official thing? It is for me, when I skip breakfast or something. Maybe what's going on is that I've been eating fewer calories than my body wants me to (didn't think they were particularly low but I've been saying I felt hungry and now I have hunger breath). Lower calories 怋lower carbs 怋less glycogen 怋less water in the body 怋dehydrated compared to my normal levels? Dehydration almost always plays a role when I have nightmares and I have been super thirsty (and drinking/peeing a lot) the past few days. Don't really know how hydration works when you're low on carbs though because I tend to eat heaps of them. You'd expect the loss of water to only occur in the muscles, where the glycogen normally is, and not affect general hydration. @Trusylver do you have any ideas?

Edited to add: I just weighed myself and IĀ“m down almost another kilo: 78.6 from 79.5 two days ago (and 80.8 on Tuesday). I like the look of that but it can only be water weight.

Last edited:
Usually with the extra water loss from low carbs an increase in sodium is needed, I know those new to keto love the loss of water weight from the lower carbs but then feel like crap because of dehydration and loss of electrolytes (Keto Flu). Cutting out the carbs is probably not something you want to do on a whim, you need to plan for the increased need for sodium.

When one cuts back on carbohydrates, one does not experience blood sugar spikes every time one eats and digests food, because well, one is hardly eating any sugar (all carbohydrates end up as sugars in the body). As a result, the body does not need to elevate circulating insulin levels to keep blood sugar at normal levels.

Under ā€œnormalā€ conditions, the kidneys tend to store and reuse a lot of sodium.

When your insulin levels are very low and stable, the kidneys through various hormonal mechanisms go into a diuretic type mode, excreting lots of sodium, potassium and water.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1730458/

Thanks for the input, Tru. I wasnĀ“t trying to go low-carb but lower calories do of course tend to have that effect if you want to keep your protein up. I still had 175 g of bread, probably 250-300 g of potatoes, 60 g of lentils, some sweet chili sauce, an apple, a handful of grapes, and half a bell pepper yesterday so itĀ“s kind of funny if my body considers that lower carb šŸ™ˆ
Nonetheless: itĀ“s the only explanation I can think of. I donĀ“t like having nightmares even if they donĀ“t come with anxiety so IĀ“ll eat a little more tonight (take-away is high-salt anyway so that shouldnĀ“t be a problem) and spend less time on my computer. Speaking of which: I should get moving. Family exercise is done. Breakfast is done. But itĀ“s also 9:35 already!

Edit: just googled "hunger breath" and apparently itĀ“s a thing. Also known as keto breath. The more you know.

Jesus Christ. I've been following that blog and incel insanity for a long time, but that stuff was particularly sadistic and hateful even by incel standards.

I honestly don't know how he sifts through so much poison all the time without going stark raving mad.

I didn't look ;)
Sensible woman!

Had a good day. Found a gorgeous winter coat for 35% off (still expensive because Geox but great quality and fit). Exercised and chatted with the family, walked, and ran. First half of my run felt surprisingly good. ItĀ“s definitely starting to get easier. Super hungry afterwards again though. So I added some extra popcorn cakes with ham and cheese. Actually starting to get hungry again and itĀ“s 10 pm. A friend called, initially in a panic over some family stuff but we ended on a nice chat. IĀ“m so glad my closer relatives are low-drama! Although I may need to explain the principle of calories to my dad one of these days: He joined our Zoom call after we were done, saw me eat, and commented like it was a bad thing to eat breakfast. Because he rarely does and still struggles with his weight. Which is true. But I happen to know where the cheese, salami, and chips disappear to in their household. If I have the choice between a nourishing breakfast thatĀ“ll energize me for the day and a late-night binge thatĀ“ll mess up my sleep I donĀ“t even have to think.

Back