Llama

Ooh. Well done on the coat LaMa. What colour is it? I'm hoping I can fit back into my nice winter clothes next winter.
I always start my day with a substantial breakfast. It's what suits my body too. I don't usually eat after 7 pm. My Dad always struggled with his weight & was a bit of a pantry raider. I got his build.

Dark blue with a high black collar (containing a hood), 3/4 length, quite fitted. I inherited my paternal grandmother's build (except she was taller than I am) with my mom's physiognomy. And apparently my dad's propensity to binge...

That sounds really nice, LaMa. I had almost put all the things I inherited from each family member but remembered this is your diary. Sometimes I wish I had inherited my Mum's ability to let other people's emotions, including her "children" wash over her, but then I often used to think she was cold & uncaring. She was more resilient than I think I could ever be.

I wish I'd inherited some of my parents' ability to do EVERYTHING. Even just a quarter of it. I only work 30 hours because I get overwhelmed and burn out if I do more. My parents were like Energizer bunnies when they were my age! Do I think they harmed themselves by doing too much? Yes. But I also just don't understand how they ever did it: a farm, 4 kids, a house, a large garden, AND a crapload of volunteer work. How?! I'm quite capable of keeping going physically but my brain just shuts down completely if I don't get enough downtime. I feel super inadequate in comparison.

G & I were like that for most of our son's childhoods. We just had to really. Looking back I have no idea how we did it. It wasn't good for our health.

It wasn't good for our health.
Nor my parents'. I know they did it for us (and other people) and I know part of the reason is that they were both parentified from a young age so they really never knew another way than to work ALL THE TIME but I am just in awe of how much they managed to get done. I'm glad they're more capable of rest now though. No more falling asleep as soon as they sit down no matter the time of day.

No nightmares today! No hunger breath either, which is a relief. I don't feel like counting calories properly again but I may need to calculate them for the newer additions to my food rotation just to have a good idea of where I'm at. Losing weight quickly is fun but I know how easy it will be to fall into binging if I go to quickly for too long and that just won't do.

Also: I'm super sore this morning and the ladder out of bed is going to HURT. Once running 3x/week gets easier I need to add more lunges or something. Hoping for gym options by then because it's more fun but lunges and squat variations at home would work. My legs are still easily my weakest point. So much better than they used to be and I'm genuinely proud of that but they need to keep growing for a bit more.

A ladder out of bed, LaMa? Is your bed a bunk? I’m not good with ladders- never have been. Hope you’re not too sore xo

Hi LaMa! It sounds like you are getting fabulous exercise, and I hope you find a nice nature group. We'd love to find a mushroom group some day, and maybe take a woods-craft class. I was just checking out RVs and climbing little ladders to pop-up sleeping lofts and was amazed how not flexible I am on ladders now. I hope you get a nice hot bath and a stretch in to combat the lactic acid. Love your flying llama icon and hope I get time to catch up on how your Christmas break was. I agree about past generations needing to work so darn hard and accomplishing astonishing amounts of work. Anyways, Happy New Year a little late!

Thanks for visiting Cate, Floater, and Tru :grouphug:
Lovely to have you here again, Marsia! I have so much respect for mushroom foraging: I'd love to be able to but there are hardly any I'd trust myself with. Going out with an authority would be such fun!
I'm sore all over. My glutes and hamstrings are by far the worst but really I'm sore from traps to calves :rotflmao: Guess family exercise and running on one day was a bit much... I did have that warm bath though: let's hope it helps a bit because tomorrow starts with family exercise again :eek:

So... I'm starting to feel like life is moving forward. I was just building a bit of steam with goals and progress when covid hit and I fell on my ass but I feel like I know where I want to go again and - most importantly - like I have a chance of actually getting there. Now to keep that ball rolling...

Oh, also: I was going to plan for tomorrow. Hm...
- Lentil stew
- Family exercise
- Groceries and covid test
- Garlic quark/ham/veggie pitabread
- Work
- Wraps. Don't yet know if I want pea mash/feta/endive or spicy kidney bean mash/bell pepper/spinach.
- Probably mango pudding with grapes for a snack.

The binge demon started to wake up late this morning so I fed it half a cup of raspberry protein pudding with 160 g of mango and about the same of grapes. Sucker went right back to sleep :party:Had the other half with a third of a pomegranate for dessert two hours ago.

Hi, LaMa. I meant to say something about your new avatar but must have got sidetracked. I couldn't see it properly on my phone. It's very cute! Your protein puddings sound so good. I must have a look for some when I do my next online shop.
So... I'm starting to feel like life is moving forward. I was just building a bit of steam with goals and progress when covid hit and I fell on my ass but I feel like I know where I want to go again and - most importantly - like I have a chance of actually getting there. Now to keep that ball rolling...
That is excellent!

So happy to hear you know what you would like to focus on again and you feel good about how to get there. I feel similarly - got lost and have a lot more clarity now. And lovely how you are feeding your cravings healthy things!!! I hope you make it through family exercise ok tomorrow!

Thanks Cate :) Just noticed your new avatar as well: is it a picture you found or a drawing someone made of you?

Thanks Marsia :) The advantage of family exercise is that I determine what we do so if I'm too sore I can adjust things a bit. Still sore but not quite as bad as yesterday.

Better get up: My closest grocery store should open up at 7 and I want to see if they have gargle tests in stock again so I can do one and hand it in before 9 am (first test pick-up of the day). I'm NOT going to do 5 tests a week at a testing facility but I'd be willing to do 3 or 4 gargle tests if the boss wants us testing regularly.

Edit: the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Imma have breakfast first and go grocery shopping at my leisure (after exercise). Second pick-up will have to do. I should get 5 test kits in one go so once I have the first set I can just do my tests whenever and get new ones each time I go grocery shopping anyway. Going to more crowded public places just to find test kits can't be the goal of this exercise.

Last edited:
Hi, LaMa. It’s a drawing E did of me when she was 10. I love the big heart 💙
I’m going to try to get some tests on Thursday, when we are going into town. I hope we don’t have to queue for long!

I'm NOT going to do 5 tests a week at a testing facility but I'd be willing to do 3 or 4 gargle tests if the boss wants us testing regularly.
Wow, that's harsh you could be expected to do more than 1 test a week. Glad you figured out a way to just get them all purchased at once. There are severe shortages here for at home tests. Anyway, glad you can take it easier exercising today!

Here they just give you 5 (free) tests in one go if they have them in stock. Which is usually the case. My boss is extremely careful with this pandemic. Which is a good thing in general but sometimes he overshoots. Testing every day when my shifts change around and it takes 12-24 hours (depending on when you drop them off) to get the result would make no sense at all. My Tuesday and Wednesday tests would come back simultaneously, so why take two? But hey, I´ll do what I reasonably can.

Back