Krav Maga

I take Krav Maga and think its great for self defense as well as conditioning. Has anyone else tried, and what do you think?

All I know about Krav Maga is from the Krav Maga episode of 'Fight Quest' my favourite program.

It's definitely pretty Lethal and Good. But to be honest, I think It's a bit Crazy, I don't understand, how you could ever fight 10 people, It's unfair, crazy and you'll definitely get beat the **** up in real situations.

I enjoy the basic instructional packets you sometimes find on Krav Maga... "Deliver blows to the head until subject stops moving. Continue delivering blows." Hah =P Vicious.

I enjoy the basic instructional packets you sometimes find on Krav Maga... "Deliver blows to the head until subject stops moving. Continue delivering blows." Hah =P Vicious.

I know I know. You can almost hear the instructor scream "pretend they're a ten year old Palestinian terrorist".

I can't find Fight Quest's episode on Krav Maga but I saw Human Weapon's version where the people surround you and you have to defend. From my experience, it's better to hit one guy and push your first opponent into the pile while you swerve to the outside of the group and hit the guy closest to you until he can't resist anymore. Best to get all your targets within your immediate sight.

The basic concept on Krav Maga is general strikes from very close range in response to attacks including weapons. When you get advanced at longer range, it looks more like Jeet Kune Do.

I have been training for about 3 months with the guys in Sydney and its been great. Very practical style and great for physical conditioning which is a strong factor. Krav Maga gets a reputation for being very intense but I found that the classes were structured well. Very friendly for newbies. I'm still training in the beginners classes but we are gradually being prepared for the intermediate level classes.

No i haven't but i just gooled and some them move i remind judo...

Back