**Today was "play in the gym" day.**

A1)bench:4X6@235
A2)seated cable row:4X8@190

B1)cable flyes:2X12@I don't remember
B2)bb curls:2X12@70

C1)cable crunches:3X12, 1Xdrop set
C2)cable hammer curls:3X12, 1Xdrop set
C3)tricep cable ext:3X12, 1Xdrop set

I spent a bit of time on the cable machine. Kept rest intervals at just long enough to change the attachments depending on movement.

Play in the gym day?Be honest, you were eyeballing the ladies weren't you?

J/K.

Seriously.Nice job on your snatch numbers.A bodyweight snatch is an awesome accomplishment and one I was never able to achieve despite my best efforts.Props to you, ev.Keep up the hard work!Man, I'm green with envy.

Matt

ballast said:
Play in the gym day?Be honest, you were eyeballing the ladies weren't you?

J/K.

Seriously.Nice job on your snatch numbers.A bodyweight snatch is an awesome accomplishment and one I was never able to achieve despite my best efforts.Props to you, ev.Keep up the hard work!Man, I'm green with envy.
Matt

Wellll...some of the chickas that attend the WC (welness center) are pretty easy on the eyes ;) I had the intention of taking the day off but...

I really want to get a 225 snatch and 260 clean...only then will I be happy!!!

Week 5/Day 3-Fri

A)snatch:3X3@145, 1X2@145

B)power clean and jerk:3X3@160, 4X3@150

C)deadlift:1X15@225, 1X12@275, 1X10@315, 1X8@365
*This wasn't the plan but a guy came up and talked to me while I was doing power cleans and asked if I would deadlift with him. So, I matched him for reps.

D1)cable flyes:2 drop sets
D2)cable curls:2 drop sets
D3)low cable pull ins:2 drop sets
D4)cable extensions:2 drop sets

Week 6/Day 1-Mon

A)clean:2X3@160
B)snatch:3X3@145, 4X3@135
C)squat:3X8@275
**lower back still a bit worked over so I cut out the clean pulls and skipped heavy squatting.**

D)bench:1X3@235, 245, 255, 265, 275

E1)cable crunch:3X12
E2)bb curl-press-ext:3X12

**Tomorrow starts student teaching**

Last edited:
Week 6/Day 2-Weds

A)snatch from knees:145X3, 155X2, 145X2X2

B)C&J:160(2+1), 170(1+2), 170(2+1), 160(1+2)

C)F squat:200X3, 225X2, 215X2, 200X3, 200X5

D1)GM:3X6@185
D2)push press:3X4@185
D3)various ab stuff
D4)cable flyes:3X10
D5)various bicep stuff:3X10

**Who says you can't get a lot done in 50 minutes?

It looks like because of a discrepency in my transcript and what not that I'm going to have to pick up an extra class which is going to suck horribly. This means that more than likely the Highland Games is out in April because I really won't have time to start throwing until March...we'll see.

evolution said:
It looks like because of a discrepency in my transcript and what not that I'm going to have to pick up an extra class which is going to suck horribly. This means that more than likely the Highland Games is out in April because I really won't have time to start throwing until March...we'll see.
Wow that really stinks... Is there a later date that you can participate?

One more Q.. on your last dead (several posts up) did you get 365 for eight reps?? <~~ If that's true, that's sick. lol

ahh evo that really sucks the big one...:( i'll cross fingers and toes that it will work out that you can go..

mreik said:
Wow that really stinks... Is there a later date that you can participate?

One more Q.. on your last dead (several posts up) did you get 365 for eight reps?? <~~ If that's true, that's sick. lol

Yeah, I'll hit the Games here in Sept and I'll compete in one during the summer but I was really hoping to hit the San Antonio one so that my parents could come watch.

Yup, 8 reps of 365 and my back reminded me about it for a few days there after but I was a-okay in the gym today. I think I shocked the hell out of it. Thanks.

jenn said:
ahh evo that really sucks the big one...:( i'll cross fingers and toes that it will work out that you can go..

Thanks. I'm more pissed because I've been through three degree checks before this and now they're saying that my physical science I took no longer counts. I'm like what the hell...I'm graduating in May and now they spring this on me in the middle of student teaching...talk about stress. So, I'm basically stuck taking this fast track meterology online class. Ah well...at least I'll graduate on time.

oohh evo that really sucks. atleast you get to graduate on time.. i hate when they pull crap like that *shakes head in disgust*.

Back