Just had balloon fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big mark

hi there
I have just had the balloon fitted 2 weeks ago so thought i would try and start a thread and keep it up dated as much as possable any questions feel free to ask no matter what
i am 35 years old male
29 stone 2 years ago of which i managed to drop to 26/7 and have been since last year
until now
weight 2 weeks ago was 26/7 and now after balloon i am down to 24/3 today
have had a rough two weeks but its worth it
instesd of getting out same day i got kept in as couldnt keep even water down and the hospital wont let you out unless you can keep at least 1.5 ltrs down since then i cant eat any more solid than yogart and soups some adjust better than others but i was always a bit slow lol.
only problem now is i have no energy as cals are low have my first appointment with surgain on tuesday
other problem was i ended up with a urine infection which i am on anti biotics for now feeling bit better
only problem is once you have drank 1.5 ltrs of water you cant fitt anything else in so where do you get the calories from lol
using complane and yogarts and soups to help
but all in all glad i got it this is a process im going through to get my weight to a safer weight for band opp

HI Mark

I am booked in to have my op on the 9th of May. I have 3-4 stone to lose and i know its not going to be easy but I am now counting the days. I know its going to be tough the first 2 weeks but I have done lost of research so i kind of know what to expect. The only thing that concerns me slightly is that I am going to Prague to have mine fitted as it is so expensive over here. Its going to be difficult for after care so I am a little nervous and I am nervous about being awake when they put the balloon in. Any tips for me. You have had a great weightloss so far, Fingers crossed for you

hi
Not much advice i can give but what i would say is when you are out the other side of it try although its hard to drink little sips of water often this might prevent you being sick so often try and get some ice arranged as is helps refresh you .apart from that the hospital do the rest .
dont know what its like abroad but allow 2-3 weeks before thinking going back to work .some people are fine but everybody is differant

hi I'm having my gastric balloon fitted tomorrow (12 april2011) @4pm, any afflict would b welcome!!! I'm nervous but excited!!! I have read it doesn't hurt but it's meant to be uncomfortable?? is this true, look forward to hearing from u anyhow x

Hi all,

I had my balloon fitted on 9th April ive felt awful ever since and have really struggled to get any food down without it coming straight back up! I really struggled for the first week and had shocking chest pains which the doctor said was a bad case of heartburn. Taking the prescribed tablet have helped to calm that down but still not the best feeling. The first week I lost 11lb basically cause I didnt eat apart from half a can of soup!

My second week I am feeling more hungry but im not too sure what I should be having! I agree with Mark about the calories, because I cant keep food down im not getting what I need which is meaning im very lightheaded and have found I have got not energy either. Not too sure what I should be doing now ive not had any contact with the clinic since last Thursday so probably need to get in contact with them as the price I paid included a 12 month aftercare package.

Any advice on what I should be eating and also the issue with the energy????

Look forward to hearing from you all

Mel x

Hi all,

I had my balloon fitted on 9th April ive felt awful ever since and have really struggled to get any food down without it coming straight back up! I really struggled for the first week and had shocking chest pains which the doctor said was a bad case of heartburn. Taking the prescribed tablet have helped to calm that down but still not the best feeling. The first week I lost 11lb basically cause I didnt eat apart from half a can of soup!

My second week I am feeling more hungry but im not too sure what I should be having! I agree with Mark about the calories, because I cant keep food down im not getting what I need which is meaning im very lightheaded and have found I have got not energy either. Not too sure what I should be doing now ive not had any contact with the clinic since last Thursday so probably need to get in contact with them as the price I paid included a 12 month aftercare package.

Any advice on what I should be eating and also the issue with the energy????

Look forward to hearing from you all

Mel x

Hi Mel,
hope you are feeling better. I think you do need to get in contact with your clinic, its crazy....you paid for a service and I think we need to make these clinics more accountable, if you are sick they should be assisting you and monitoring you through this difficult time. I know first hand what can happen when there isn't close enough monitoring. I too had vomiting and couldn't keep anything down, not even a sip of H2O, i too didn't rely on the clinic to monitor this close enough, the physician even failed to tell me he was going on holidays, as a result I ended up in hospital, very sick, dehydrated, with a balloon that needed to be removed and no physician that could remove it or wished to, thankfully I was transferred to another hospital where a physician was willing to remove the balloon. This should never have happened. There is alot of money to be made from obesity, and this was one example. clinics will pop up and we need to hold them accountable!!!!!!
I hope your situation doesn't worsen, but make sure you contact your clinic, you paid for services, use them!!!!!

Hi drul,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I spoke to my clinic and seems the woman who was supposed to contact me was on holiday, I have now spoken to them and have been given my modules for my diet. I feel much better and have now stopped being sick for the majority of the time I think this is mainly due to me having the wrong foods!

The thing im most concerned about now is my inability to wear a bra since the procedure!!! Every time I put one on I find myself becoming breathless after a short period of time possibly this is due to feeling slightly bloated. It has been 2 weeks since my procedure now and I go back to work in 3 days I definitely cant do this with no bra!!!

Also im looking through the web for some nice no carb recipes any ideas???

Mel x

u guys ive had the ablloon 2 months and let me tell you something,, when you feel full STOP!! i didnt... and ive stretched my stomach around the balloon and am basically eating as before!!! i dont know what to do and am sooo dperessed about it

That is not good Baby boo. I found if I tried to overeat with the balloon I just wanted to vomit and would have to to get relief. This taught me very quickly to listen to the signs my tummy is giving me. I have had the balloon out 3 months now and continue to lose weight (another 7kgs). I seemed to have kept the ability to actually be able to tell when I am full now, plus my stomach seems to have shrunk heaps having the balloon as I eat much smaller meals now than what i did pre-balloon. Best of luck with your journey

HI Mark

I am booked in to have my op on the 9th of May. I have 3-4 stone to lose and i know its not going to be easy but I am now counting the days. I know its going to be tough the first 2 weeks but I have done lost of research so i kind of know what to expect. The only thing that concerns me slightly is that I am going to Prague to have mine fitted as it is so expensive over here. Its going to be difficult for after care so I am a little nervous and I am nervous about being awake when they put the balloon in. Any tips for me. You have had a great weightloss so far, Fingers crossed for you
Hi I am new to this site and had balloon fitted on 18th of April. How are you doing with yours? Had a rough 2 weeks to start with mine but now struggle with m old habits of just wanting to pick and not eat regular meals. Plus side is I am still losing weight.

u guys ive had the ablloon 2 months and let me tell you something,, when you feel full STOP!! i didnt... and ive stretched my stomach around the balloon and am basically eating as before!!! i dont know what to do and am sooo dperessed about it
Don´t get too depressed you know what you have done and really you know to succeed you need to cut the amounts down. Chat with me if you want to and we can share what we are eating each day! Maybe it could help? I know I have been making mistakes this week and I have to sort it out quickly, I am on week 6. Today I have had chocolate and because I had one I ended up eating the full box!!! Just been sick now and am determined I have to stop this right now. Haven´t got a clue what I was thinking when I have done so well so far, scared I might blow it. Feeling really guilty now.Argghhhhh

Hi all, hope you are all doing ok with your balloons. Why are you not posting your experiences???
I am on week 7 now and still not adjusted my bad habits of eating at meal times and picking mainly healthy things and ocasionally unhealthy snacks.
Weigh loss up to now is 13kg / 28lbs and I am due back at the clnic for a check up on monday. I am going to have to ask the dietician for advice on my snacking especially the evening time. Plus I know I should be drinking more water as only drinking 1 1/2 litres a day.
I am so interested in your ups and downs too, does any one else struggle with sticking to the diet you have been given.
Anyway hopefully wil make you smile now, my sons have been saying mummy come and use wii fit with us so I decided to do the hula hoop wow with the balloon it is sooo wierd like having Alien in your tummy! You move but the balloon moves at a different time scale, I managed about 30 seconds of that and have now stuck on doing 30 mins a day on the step instead. Plus it is good to map your weight each day too it helps when you need inspiration to look back at your weight graph.
Ok signing off for now, keep in touch peeps! xxx ttfn

Hello! I hope you are all doing well. I will be getting my balloon fitted in July (just waiting on the date) How are all of your experiences now? Those who have had the balloon for a couple months, are you still losing? What do you find helps you the most??

Thanks for your comments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back