Ireland

Petjw86

Hi all, Anyone out there from ireland that just can't seem to stay away from stews or spuds with loadsa gravy. It would be nice to meet anyone online from ireland with the same problem as me..

xXxXx:Angel_anim:

Hey, Im in Ireland too! Although I like stew and spuds if that was my only problem Id be flying! Its the chocolate/cake/biscuits and takeaways that are the real killer!!!!!

Whereabouts are you based? Im in Dublin.

Galway

Hey, I'm from Galway. Alcohol, and it's subsequent effect on my eating decisions, is my main problem. Might not have that problem/excuse for much longer though. Going in for a gallbladder removal Operation (for gallstones) in two weeks and I've heard that a lot of people can't really drink as a result :-(.

I know that I drink too much and it's the major cause of my weight, but I've been doing pretty well so far and kinda feel like well what's the point of being healthy if I can't enjoy myself. Anyway, it may not have that side-effect on me!

Good luck with the weight loss.

Weight Loss Buddy

I think i need to get an online weight loss buddy, i mean i love this place but its not the same as having someone to discuss weight issues with whos going through the same thing. My partners been amazing but i cant talk to him about it as he is doing weight training and he doesnt understand what im going through, though he is trying his best to diet with me. Hes been amazing.

but i need someone going through what i am going through, and someone else from ireland would be great

Any takers?

Seems like ireland have many kinds of pastries, especially because some stores is specialized in traditional food. What is your tips to do diet in ireland?

Another irish lass here. The hardest part of low fat diet is giving up sausages.mmmm I love them. Especially an irish fry up of sausages eggs bacon and black pudding. Sausages and mash. mmmmmmmm I am hungry now.

im in ireland aswell down here in cork,my tip is to not to eat less but to eat less rubbish,i was mad for the breakfast rolls ,and go for a walk every day ,even a mile its working for me big time.ive lost between four and 5 stone since febuary

I think i need to get an online weight loss buddy, i mean i love this place but its not the same as having someone to discuss weight issues with whos going through the same thing. My partners been amazing but i cant talk to him about it as he is doing weight training and he doesnt understand what im going through, though he is trying his best to diet with me. Hes been amazing.

but i need someone going through what i am going through, and someone else from ireland would be great

Any takers?

I'd love to be your weight loss budy. I'm based in Dublin...

I've put on 20kgs over the last two years (stressfull life, bad eating, no exersize, and CHOCOLATE and DRINKING)...but now I'm serious about loosing this weight that I gained. Together we can do it, food does not need to be enemy, we just have to eat for the right reasons..... food cannot be your friend when you are upset, real people can. Food is to enjoy, but why eat food that is goin to clog your arteries in a few years?

Got a sweet tooth? have some yogurt or strawberries instead! Still want sugar? Have some low-low...Drink tea, ditch that starbucks...u dont need it. really dont need it. I've finally come to my senses, and realized...I controll food, food does not controll me. I want to be able to run and not get tired. I'm fecking sick of this shit. I WILL weigh what I used to be. I WILL workout more...I will make a change...

Out wesht meself!

I gained about 32kg since June 2008!! Devasted that I have to start again but onwards and downwards we'll go!!

Lost 5.72 lbs this first week. Drinking loads of water eating lite but only started exercise today and it's a hard road. I have a few injuries so starting very simple w 15 min on bike and 20 min abs I hope to do this 4 days nxt week.

Cheers!

I think that's a great idea to have a weight loss buddy :)
I just joined up here now after buying a weighing scales and measuring tape on Ebay, and now i'm still sitting here at the computer, I've barely moved all day, and when I did it was over the road to get a pack of ciggies, disgraceful!

I'm 23 and I've put on about a stone in the last few months since moving in with my boyfriend and getting down about being unemployed etc. I'd say I'm a bit under 13 stone at this stage, but I've never been skinny really.

The only mate I have that is up for losing weight and dieting and stuff with me has a fantastic figure, but wants to diet because of self esteem issues, so it's not exactly a motivating kind of relationship, so I could do with a buddy too...

hi

i REALLY need a weight loss buddy cause my friends are all skinny and if i mention weight to my family they 'bitch' help if u know wat i mean, God love them.:nopity:
anyway let me know if anyone is interested

love
[FONT="Comic Sans MS[/COLOR]"]gem x[/FONT]

I'm in Dublin, been a bit difficult to get motivated to exercise in this weather so I thought I'd try a bit of online support! It's great to find this forum, hopefully we can all share our weight-loss experiences here.

I find that I am most motivated when following a plan so I'll be going with Gizzi Erskine's Cook Yourself Thin (you can watch it on 4od if you're interested). My big problem is that I love to cook, but the things I cook at the moment are all very unhealthy and I always end up eating everything I make (even when it's enough for four!). Portion control is my 'issue', anyone else have this problem? It seems such an Irish thing to make sure you finish everything on your plate.

I'm joining Ben Dunne's gym this week, anyone have any experiences there?

Good Luck everyone
x

the Irish forum needs some more people :D I've just joined so anyone wants to chat about losing weight and the trials and tribulations PM me :D

Back