I will be elite

ballast said:
Nice job on the overhead squats!That is a difficult lift.
Thanks for the details about Hapkido.I may have to look into that.Thanks.

Matt

NP, Matt.
I was having the delimma of go heavier and have to go lighter on my push press or stay at the weight I was doing and use more intensity on push press. I don't have a lot of static strength in my shoulders.

Week 6/Day 1-Mon
A)squat:2X3@360
B)low box pause squat:2X3@265
C)bulgarian squats:2X8 w/75 pd dbs
D1)cable pullthroughs:3X12
D2)various weighted ab stuff:3X15
D3)calves on stupid machine:3X15

Well, I've made it half way through. I don't know what they did to the floors around the cable machine but I had a hell of a time and almost called it quits on the pullthroughs due to sliding back.

You know, I don't usually get aggrivated by personal trainers but the school has hired this 98 pd PT to get clients in shape...or something. He was working with two girls and having do these nutty ballistic movements, upright rows, and etc. I asked the girls if they were athletes and that's why they were doing ballistics and they said "no, we just want to get in better shape."

lol maybe they waxed them or if its rubber maybe they oiled it , to make it look good. go going though, maybe next time wear cleats, just kidding. you guys amaze me how much you can do and still stand!

jenn said:
lol maybe they waxed them or if its rubber maybe they oiled it , to make it look good. go going though, maybe next time wear cleats, just kidding. you guys amaze me how much you can do and still stand!

Ha. Cleats would cause way to uneven of a surface for lifting purposes. I've slowly acclimated to where I'm at in my training. I basically have to train to get stronger now (not that I haven't been) because I just hooked up with a group of Scottish Highland games competitors.

Oh! And I passed my area exam to teach physical education along with English.

Congrats evo on your exam, looking over some of your numbers., impressive squat dude. I done 300 for a rep last friday.

I will be searching for the pendlay row right now, never heard of it before.

Found it, not to hijack your thread evo but can you explain the difference between the more uprright bentover row (funny) compared to the 90 degree method?

You can post it anywhere on the forum if you like.

I actually use to do more of the pendlay row when i first started training many years ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats. The subject area exams aren't easy. The English one took me about 3 hours to complete. I had an hour and a half break and came back and took the physical education/health/safety one. It took me not as long-about 2 1/2 hours. There's a written exam for both of them (actually in all the area exams).

The subarea graded performances for the physical education are:
Growth and development/ health concepts/ health-related physical fitness/ foundations of movement and sports activties/ instructional assessment and professional knowledge/ and a constructed response.

The constructed response is pretty crazy as it can be anything and you don't know what it will be until you sit down and take the test. My highest performance areas were health concepts, health-related physical fitness, and foundation of movement and sports activities. My constructed response wasn't scored as high as I would like it to have been but it revolved around soccer...go figure.

The pause box squats are helping quite a bit. I'm starting to realize this more now as getting the bar up is not nearly as slow as it used to be. I'm hoping at the end of this 10 weeks to hit my 440 in squat.

I'll post up the Pendlay row in the weight training section.

Week 6/Day 2-Tues
A1)bench:3X5@250, 1X4@250, 1X2@250
A2)pendlay row:5X8@175

B1)1 arm inc db press:2X8 w/75 pd db
B2)chins:2X13 w/BW

C1)cable flyes:2X12
C2)hammer curl-press-extension:2X10
C3)face pulls:2X12

Back