I will be elite

Pre-program day
A)full snatches:2X3@140, 1X2@150
B1)push press:1X4@175, 1X3@185, 1X1@200<---PR, 1X13@135<---PR
B2)hammer curls:1X9w/40s, 2X6w/50s, 1X12w/35s
C)Russian twists:2X8 w/25 pd plate
D)cable crunch:2X8@190

Sho' is nice to start out with a couple PRs.

Aren't you ginormous enough yet?

MIR said:
I knew it! You're from Rugged, right?

The deadlift journal was impressive. All good to you!

Oh! I've been discovered! Yup, love the Rugged Crew; we've had to move to another location due to the server for Rugged sucking.

Thanks for the props.

Oh. Haven't been there for awhile so didn't know. Rugged forum has been just about the most informative (and oftentimes amusing) place I've bumped to through three years of reading.

Week 1/Day 1-Mon

***maxed out on 1 arm bb snatch-115
A)squat:2X8@260
B)low box pause squat:2X5@185
C1)bulgarian squat:3X8@45 pd dbs
C2)GMs:3X8@225
D1)leg press calf raises:3X10@680+whatever the machine adds
D2)Russian twists:3X8 w/25 pd plate

You're hardcore brutha

I tell ya what tho, when I get my shodan, I wanna come out to OK city and work out with ya, a little sparring, maybe we can teach each other a few things :D

aevans410 said:
You're hardcore brutha

I tell ya what tho, when I get my shodan, I wanna come out to OK city and work out with ya, a little sparring, maybe we can teach each other a few things :D

Why wait on your shodan? No time like the present. ;)

hehe yea put me through a intense strength training workout, kick the crap outta me, then go out for some beers afterwards , good times :D

Hey evo. I was wondering what some of your exercises were. The push press, russian twists, GM's, and low box pause squat. Never heard of these.? :0.
Ricky.

Champr23 said:
Hey evo. I was wondering what some of your exercises were. The push press, russian twists, GM's, and low box pause squat. Never heard of these.? :0.
Ricky.

Push press-a cheated military press, you dip down and get a bit of leg drive.
GMs-these are good mornings
Russian twist-imagine doing a crunch while holding a plate and now twist from side to side
Low box pause squat-do a squat on a box (low is the height at around 12") and when you sit back on the box, you puase for about a 2 second count.

Hope that answered your questions

Week 1/Day 2-Tues
A1)bench:5X5@230
A2)seated cable row:5X5@190
B1)low incline 1 arm db press:2X10 w/60s, 1X10 w/55s
B2)chins:3X10 w/25 pd plate

---short simple and fun

U da man?

I was told to contact you in regards to building up for Military Basic training... would you have any suggestion as to what I might do in addition to calisthenics and running to gain agility and speed (core strength, starting strength, any insightful nutritional practices). Any useful information would be greatly appreciated. :D

I'm not really a bodyweight guy but I think I can put you in the right direction. When are you joining or being shipped off for boot camp? My first suggestion would be to go to www.trainforstrength.com and check out Scrapper's routines. Do you have access to a gym or what equipment do you have?

In boot camp (depending on what branch) you'll pretty much run till you drop. So, you should get yourself a back pack and fill it with rocks or weights or something and start jogging.

Core strength-supermans, lunges while holding a db or bb overhead, crunches, reverse crunches, weighted twists.

Nutritional practices-read the article at www.johnberardi.com and www.bodyrecomposition.com

After you answer some of my questions above so I have a better assessment of your situation and you've read some of Scrapper's stuff we can kinda' set down and figure something out more tangible.

Thanks, Mreik

Week 1/skill day-Thurs

Wrist was acting up so I went with
3X30 dumbbell swings w/25 pd dbs

1 and 1/2 hours of MMA

evolution said:
no holds barred
sweet. lol

Back