How does drinking more water help us to burn body fat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have other health issues if you have to pee that often, frequent urination is a classic symptom of Diabetes, Despite your personal opinion the scientific proof is available to support the water claims even if is only 96 calories in a day extra.
I respectfully disagree. I have seen reports of counter arguments about the 8 glasses of water a day. Your body is a very efficient machine. It will tell you when you need fluids. Keep from being dehydrated. You don't need a gallon of water a day to keep from doing that.
I lose weight without that much, and I didnt have to urinate that often when I don't purposely overload my bladder with water

Please provide links to the peer reviewed studies

About 40% of the thermogenic effect originated from warming the water from 22 to 37 C. The total thermogenic response was about 24 Calories. It was estimated that drinking 2 liters of water per day would augment energy expenditure by approximately 96 Calories.
Interesting, I am not a nutritionist, but I am an engineer, this is something even I can understand. I could not replicate the calculation exactly, but close enough.

I did a similar calculation for ice cream, if you eat 100 gm of ice cream it takes about 11 or 12 kcals just to melt and warm the ice cream to body temperature. So that would reduce the calories the body gets from the ice cream by about 5%, not enough to make a big difference, but a small one. It takes more kcals to melt the ice cream than it does to warm it.

...if you eat 100 gm of ice cream it takes about 11 or 12 kcals just to melt and warm the ice cream to body temperature...
Woo-hoo! justified at last! and bring on the ice-cream!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back