Herrmann's Diary - Support Needed!

Howdy!

Well, I am taking the first step. I have decided to quit making excuses and finally get into shape. I am 37 years old and the big 40! is nearing and I am getting worried that if I let myself go too much longer I'll be facing more serious issues than just a tight pair of jeans. So, I am needing change and I also need support which I never thought I'd have to ask for!

You see, I am not a stranger to working out. I use to be into Body Building and I was quite the athelete too. Never in a million years would I have though I'd be scared for my own health! I also never thought I would struggle to lose weight!! Well, I admit it... I am. Too many years have passed wearing the same jeans, making the same excuses, falling off the wagon after two weeks, etc...etc...etc. Today is January 2nd, 2006. Enough is enough!

Like I said, I'm 37 and I am about 5'-8" and sadly weigh about 202. I WANT to and NEED to weigh about 170 or 165. BUT, I can't ever get there. I once lost about 15 pounds in two weeks about a year ago but one party made me fall off the wagon and I gained it all back as fast as I lost it. This has been my pattern for too long. Year after year I go up and down by about 10 pounds but never remain on the wagon for more than a few weeks. What's wrong? I have no clue. I need help and I admit it.

So today I write to you seeking support. I'm sure I am not alone here! Come on guys, who's with me? I know you use to be the young stud once too but now you are nothing but a jelly belly. Haha... I guess that's what a wife and kids will do to a man. Once I got married and had a few kids my priorities kinda went from pumping iron to doing 12ounce curls if you know what I mean. It's sad. How could I let myself go? What do other people think of me? How do coworkers view me? Fat? Lazy? Man, this sucks! I use to be the guy everyone stared at walking down the Mall, now I am the guy who looks like Danny DeVito walking down the Mall. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I know what to do. Like I said, I am not stranger to working out and understanding nutrition. I've done it and I've tasted it. I know how it was but for some reason I can't get there again. I don't blame age but I know it's harder to keep weight off then it was when I was 20. My body has slowed down, period. I also can't be the gym rat that I use to be! Life has changed, I have changed and I don't like it anymore. I want to get back into shape and when I hit 40 I want to look 30, or even less! I know I can do it but it also takes support. My wife supports me but the more support the better in my book. I need a place to come where people share the same concerns. I need people in the same position as I am in.

I've decided to move my workouts (yes, I do workout sometimes) to the morning. I will wake up at 4:00am each day and hit the gym and go to work from there. This way I can make it a way of life and it won't interfere with my evenings which are usually busy with kid functions and Honey-Do lists! I can hardly get to the gym at night anymore and that's part of the problem. So, I have turned to morning workouts. This is a start but I believe it will work. I am excited actually. I went as far as to take a vacation this week so I can really get started on my plans. I will simulate waking up at 4:30am starting on Wednesday. This should give me an idea of who's at the gym and it will allow me to perfect my routine before next week.

Ok, enough for now sorry. I am going to post how the week goes but in the meantime I am open for suggestions and comments. What do you want to know so you can help me along the way? Diet, workouts, foods I like, eating habits, goals, dreams, what?? Ask me anything!

We'll talk soon?

HELP!!

1-3-06

Did Cardio yesterday, went well.

Calories - 1353 (Not much)

Breakdown - 27p/44c/29c (Need to work on)

Today I plan a full body workout. Need more protein!

Back