Help, please!

I am about twenty pounds overweight and pretty out of shape, but I have been cutting calories and working out for the last three weeks. I walk/run anywhere from 3.5 to 4.5 miles every day, five days a week, and I have yet to lose one pound! What am I doing wrong? I know it hasn't been long, but I'm beginning to feel very disheartened. Even if I could just see a one or two pound loss or a slight difference in the way my clothes fit, it would be enough to keep me motivated, but body has not been even slightly responsive to any of my efforts. What can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I should also add that I am 5"2' and about 135 lbs, but I have really small bones, and my doctor told me that a weight of 110-115 would be about right for me. I'm also a vegetarian and have a pretty carb-heavy diet. I'd like to cut carbs, but I don't know how to do that as a vegetarian. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide!

Last edited:
I'm not sure how low on the carbs you can go if you insist on being a vegitarian... But you certainly might be able to drop some calories. And this is probalby a big place that you need to look, what is your diet like? And how intense are your workouts?

I believe the best thing you can do is avoid higher glycemic carbs such as bread, baked potatoes, and pasta. Stick with fruits and vegetables. Also, you need some healthy dietary fat in your diet. Peanuts are an affordable and excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids for vegetarians (unlike trans fats, these fats actually are supposed to improve health). Make sure you eat enough protien too - good sources would be eggs and milk.

Back