Weight-Loss Group 2 Support !

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnySomewhere

Jennylynn & Newbride02 - here we go girls! Now that we have eachother for support and motivation, there's no turning back :D
What do each of you need for motivation? Some people need someone bugging them to get out there and do it, some just need someone to vent to, some need a picture of someone to get moving, some need a reminder of what we're doing this for and the end goal ...

Here are a few inspirational quotes - keep our motivation high! haha: (if only all it took was a quote to get me moving .. lol*)

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. -----> this is my fave ;)

Failure is only a fact when you give up. The question is: Will you get back up?

Here we go! My goal tomorrow is to wake up an extra 45 minutes early and get a long, hilly walk in before I get ready for class @ 10. I am going to eat healthy and also do an exercise video in the evening. Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Hey, nice idea skinnysomewhere! So, I weighed in today at...194..UGH! I gained 8 pds. SO sad. I know being depressed won't help me, so I decided to be happy about it, knowing I'll be back on track in no time.

I guess what I really need to help stay on track, is to picture myself wearing my fav. sweater and blue jeans for the winter. I need to get up everyday and remind myself of the committment I am making. I promised myself if I don't stick with this, I'm going to leave the forum, b/c I dont' like feeling like a hypocrit. I love the forum, so I'll make sure that doesnt' happen! Even if I dont' loose all 5 pds, as long as I stick to my diet every day and excersize I'll be proud of myself.

My goals...to drink as much water as possible....to stick to my slimfast diet for 2 wks only.....and to get in at least 30 mins' of tredmill time a day!

Good luck everyone! We CAN and WILL do this!

Hey NB- That is what keeps me going too - picturing how hot i'll be lookin in my jeans that right now can't even BEGIN to be zipped up! haha*
I just got back from a nice 30 minute walk - mostly all uphill - phew! But I just feel so good and invigorated right now ... I need little boosts throughout the day to keep me going.
Yeah, I think if we don't lose all 5 lbs., then fine - no need to get depressed over it, but as long as we eat right & stick to our plans and do our very best - what more can you ask for?
=) Have a healthy Thursday !!!

Hey girls! WE CAN DO IT, you are exactly right! We just have to keep ourselves focused and motivated. I got on the scales this morning... I know after weighing yesterday I shouldn't have weighed today but I actually lost 1 lbs so I am definintely excited about this! I am upset though that I can't exercise just yet so the only other way I know to do this is to cut calories, which was said to be a "no no" on another post on another board, but what else can I do?? I am drinking tons of water and eating 5-6 small meals.

Breakfast:
1 whole wheat bagel w/fat free, calorie free spray butter (Parkay)
8 oz. skim milk

Snack:
Blue Bunny Lite 85 yogurt (fat free/sugar free)

Lunch:
Chicken Carbonara Lean Cuisine
1/2 bottle fat free/sugar free carbonated water

I will have another yogurt snack around 3 p.m. and then I plan on having 1/2 cup whole wheat spaghetti w/ 1/4 cup sauce and a salad for supper. How was that for a first day? I am getting a little exercise because I am washing clothes and of course plenty of trips to the bathroom from drinking all this water :eek: .

Yay for you jennylynn!

Good job! I think it sounds like an excellent first day - are you cutting too many calories though? Make sure you are eating enough to keep you satisfied =) It sounds like you are doing awesome. And your keeping up on your water - good for you. i know how it is - doesnt always taste the best. Have you tried crystal light or a little fresh lemon sqeezes in it? yummmy ... another way that i get my water - chicken boullion w/ hot water - yum. chicken broth - meal and water :)
keep it up girl! you're doing great.
And thats good youre getting as much exercise as you can - with the trips to the bathroom! haha

I've had a great first day!! I had my slimfast for breakfast, grapes for a snack, slimfast and sm salad for lunch, orange for snack....I did eat a little debbie brownie (200 cal's) but I don't feel too bad, b/c I walked to and from school 2x today and got in 45 min's of tredmil time AND i'm getting ready to go mow the lawn! So I'm proud of myself! Open house at school tonight prooves tempting b/c they are having cookies and punch! I will do my darnest to advoid the whole situation!!

Just be strong when it comes to the cookies! My weakness is chocolate and french fries! I love both of them but have managed to avoid them so far. I get my chocolate fix everyday when I take my calcium suppliment (Viactiv - milk chocolate calcium chews) so I think that helps some.

I have one question..... how many calories should I be eating a day? I have been consuming around 1200 cal a day, and fat grams ranging from 15 to 25 grams. Is that too low?

Cookies, Cheetos & french fries are my weekness! Avoided all so far lol* don't know how!
Sounds like you girls are doing great ...
I've kept my calories around 1200 and it seems to be working. I ate good today - nothing that was off limits & stayed in my cal range so I feel good! I also went for a walk this morning & plan on another one tonight, along with an exercise video - hopefully! Keep up the good work!

I wish I could walk. My husband travels weekly with his job so I have to take care of my two children by myself and they would never go for walking! If I were to start walking it would have to be on Friday evenings (which this week is out due to the holiday - he normally comes home on Thursday's but this week it is friday and his flight doesn't get in until 10 p.m. :mad: ) Saturday and Sunday. I guess that would be better than not walking at all huh?

Glad to see that everyone had a great day! Good luck with tomorrow!

Good morning!
Well we are off to another healthy, great day! On our way to 5 more pounds GONEEEEEEEEE foreverv!!! YippeeeeYup - any exercise is better than none, just get what you can in. Even housecleaning, rearranging closets, carrying in grcoceries, they all add up. I have found that if I just never leave a room withouth picking something up, my house is way cleaner faster and also when you are cleaning, instead of carrying a load of stuff from one place to another, make 4 trips. Every step counts!
I'm weighing in tomorrow - can't wait but excited!!!
Well ladies- keep it up. Today I would love you girls to really push me to do an exercise video if you would!! yell! scream! force me ! hahah* I NEED to do it!!!! :D

Good morning. Today is another day and I honestly have to say that I am not motivated at all. Just feeling like this diet thing is not going to work for me even after all the hard work of counting calories. I can't exercise so I feel that this is hindering me and in a way makes me feel really blah about it all :( . But... I am going to keep going, as hard as it is, because I am hoping that in the end it will all be worth it.

Okay, Skinnysomewhere.... get your butt up and EXERCISE! Come on, you can do it (okay, tony little commercial thought AGAIN!)! Work it girl! Just think about how much better you will feel after you have finished that workout! Energy, pounds gone! GO GO GO!!!

Newbride... how are you doing today?

newbride02 said:
I've had a great first day!! I had my slimfast for breakfast, grapes for a snack, slimfast and sm salad for lunch, orange for snack....I did eat a little debbie brownie (200 cal's) but I don't feel too bad, b/c I walked to and from school 2x today and got in 45 min's of tredmil time AND i'm getting ready to go mow the lawn! So I'm proud of myself! Open house at school tonight prooves tempting b/c they are having cookies and punch! I will do my darnest to advoid the whole situation!!

How did the open house go?? Did you avoid the temptation of the cookies and punch???

Ok Jennylynn - I know some days it feels like it's just not worth it and that it's such a alow process & that you'll never get there. But honestly, yes it will take time - but that is ok. This weight didn't jump onus overnight, it will take time and hard work to get it off. If you feel like your diet isn't enough by just cutting calories, you might want to try mixing up your food for a day - ive heard that if you up your calories for a day, it will speed up your metabloism, give it a little shock. On a day that you feel like just throwing it all in, just look at yourself in the mirror and look at you - and imagine what you are going to look like. what all this hard work will pay off for in the end - tell yourself you are beautiful & even think of 5 things you love about yourself. And if you happen to fall a little today - we will pull you up. It's ok. You can do this, just keep plugging along. It is not easy or there wouldn't be so many overweight people in our world. But it is possible. Very possible. The only thing holding us back is our attitudes. We can do this. If you feel like giving up today and indulging in that big piece of chocolate cake or whatever it may be, imagine how disappointed you will be feeling afterwards.
Keep going - you can do it . It will pay off

Well girls, I caved and had a brownie this afternoon. But I have to say, for the rest of the entire day I have eaten pretty good and I have had 64 oz of water so far and it is only 4:30 (CST). I hope the brownie doesn't blow it for me. It wasn't a very big brownie. My children were having one and I just couldn't stand not having one. I guess I can just skip supper to make up for it right? I AM SO SORRY! I hope this doesn't ruin it for the whole group :( .

Tomorrow I promise to stay true if that means throwing those darned brownies in the garbage!

Oh hunny! that is ok! you did NOT ruin it for the group at all ... that is what we are here for! We are all going to need that extra lift and NO do not skip dinner ... that will not blow your diet. Maybe you needed a few extra cals to give your metabolism a little kick start. Just get back on track tomorrow - you're doing fine. Just don't let this stop you! You're doing amazing - keep it up. AWESOME job on the water - i need to up my intake! Not tasting too great today. haha

Sorry to hear your having a bad day Jennylynn! I am too. I'm drinking my water, and not totally pigging out, but I did'nt excersize at all and I didn't eat good. BUt like I said in my diary, I can get deppressed and eat more, or snap out of it and have a good day tommorrow.

Thanks for asking how last night went...I actually didn't even go in the room with the junk, so thats great!

I have to learn that, for me, breakfast is everything. It REALLY makes or breaks my day. If I get up and have a good healthy breakfast, followed by some excersize. I am totally focused for the day. BUt if I eat junk, followed by no excersize, the day is done. I know I should be able to eat something bad, and then go on to have a good day, but thats not how it works. Once junk is in the picture, its there for the whole day.

SO, hopefully I learned a lesson today! Good luck girls, we are going to succeed this time!! I hope to hear from both of you over the weekend!!!

Newbride! I am totally the SAME way - once I slip up, I am done for the day. I just totally am sabataged. I know I hsould go work out or just eat healthy but no, I throw it all out the window. That's my biggest pitfall. And also nighttime eating is bad for me, but i've been getting much much better. And exercising during the day is a major help.
I hope you girls have a great weekend - hope to hear fro you soon!
and good job Newbride - not even going in the ROOM with the junk! i am IMPRESSED!

Good morning ladies! Its monday!! How did we all fair over the weekend?? What we did over the weekend doesn't matter anymore..its how we do today that counts. We have little over a week to go and plenty of time to loose those 5 pounds!!

So lets get to it girls!

You are right! Today is a fresh start =) Good thinkin hehe* We have enough time to do this!
Today I mean to wake up & go for a walk but I woke up with a stuffy nise & sore throat so I stayed in bed an extra half hour... I willdefinatelty walk tonight though.
Hope you girls have a successful day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back