Weight-Loss Group 2 for the win!!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
good"morning", ladies!

ugh. thank god i have the challenge to get me through today. yesterday was just about half awash.. . . . .but at least it was planned that way. i'll have to do the calorie count later, as i'm on the way to the gym for yoga, but i'm pretty positive it was above my 1500. good thing was i still went to the gym and burned nearly 400 cals on the treadmill - i can now run for 20 minutes straight! (well, almost) i break it up with a 5 minute walk in between 10 minute spurts. for someone who never used to be able to run more than 5 minutes, this is awesome.

today i'm tired and really crampy. (TOM) good thing is i don't even FEEL like eating anything even if i were to try. am still having my breakfast though, because i don't believe in exercising before i eat. makes me dizzy. i just hope yoga helps stretch out my uterus because right now it's not very happy with me.

hope everyone else's day is going better!

Hey Everyone!

1_Day ~ Have you stayed away from the Pepsi today?

Heather ~ I have been thinking about trying Yoga. Do you have a tape you use?

Mommy of 2 ~ I'm glad to see you are feeling better and will be able to get back to the gym soon. I don't think a harness is bad for your little one. We used to have to use one with our youngest because he always wanted to walk by himself in places like Wal-Mart and it was hard to keep up with him. Do what you need to do so you don't hurt yourself.

Well, I'll check back in later. I have to go to the girl scout "cookie kick off" later.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say hello! I had a great day today! 1_day i completed day 2! Are we going for 3 in a row? My total calories for today was 1240 .. and my total water so far is 64 oz!! I'm so proud of myself... :D

Julie~ Hope everything is ok! Hurry back!!

Mommyof2~ It does look like the running would be so painful..

Hypo~ How did the cookie kick off go?

Christina,
It was chaotic! They had four tables set up and the girls, with their troop, had to go to each one where they learned something about selling cookies, such as what to do when you sell door-to-door. But there was no order to any of it, and people were going everywhere. We were there for an hour and a half (way longer than I had planned on)! They got a certificate from "cookie college" when they were done. So that was cute. The kick off was one of the things we had to do though so Ashley could get her cookie share patch or whatever it is called. This is her first year in girl scouts, so she is excited about all of it. Guess we will have to go and sell cookies tomorrow.

Good job on the water!

hey hippo (and everyone else)

the yoga i've used is actually a class, which i like MUCH more than tapes. i haven't been able to find a tape i like yet, and i have netflix which has rented me about three of them so far. i can't stand working out in my apt!!! not sure why. but the yoga teacher that i work with at my gym is actually really good. not as good as the one i used to attend in west philly, but we'll be getting back to that soon. :)

today wasn't quite as bad as yesterday, but i'm still not under my 1500 limit. total for today was about 1700. thank god i made it to the gym. i gotta get rid of the leftover cheese/etc from last night's dinner! the boy and i enjoyed some of italy's finest from a local italian food store last night. dear god it was good, and i had so much wonderful red wine, but i need to let him take the leftovers home with him!!!! this is going to be problematic when we move in together. . . . . .

tomorrow is going to be a renewed effort. this is a challenge! i need to be working harder than this :( it's so hard to keep with this 1500 calorie thing. . . . .especially two months into a diet i started for myself. must find new motivation. . . help!

good thing my gym motivation hasn't waned. i really enjoy going to the gym, i don't think that will change.

anyway, bedtime, even for this night shift nurse. :)

Hey Ladies! Where is everyone today?

Well, I had a pretty good day so far. I went in to work and then took my daughter around our neighborhood to sell girl scout cookies, so I did a lot of walking. In 2 1/2 hours, she sold about 85 boxes! I guess we will go back out for a little while tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and comes back soon! :)

Hey yall! Just stopping in for a few minutes to say hello! Where is everyone today?? Getting your water and exercising in I hope!! Dh just left again!! And I can actually say that I've stuck with my diet today.. because he isn't feeling good and didn't want anything to eat! I do feel like eating but I dont know why.. With TOM being here.. I dont know if I want to eat because of cramping... meaning.. comfort food.. or just what is going on! My body is so screwed up!!

Hypo~ The troop here was going to have a sleep over at our community center for the cookie kick off but then they didn't get enough girls to sign up for some reason! Just as well though.. because the girls dont sleep and when I came back home last year I slept until late that night.. I was so worn out being around over 150 girls for 12 hours! I wish I had the energy they had!! lol..

heather~ OMG.. I love italian food! I could eat that stuff everyday if could! What kind of nurse are you? I am a medical assistant/CNA and 1_day is attending school to be a MA .. I stay at home right now but I worked 2 years in a Dr. Office.. of Internal Med. I dont know what to tell you on the motivation thing! I know I have problems keeping motivated and it usually helps me when I'm on the challenges with people that post alot! I also have a picture I cut out of a magazine of a woman in a bikini and my face on it.. lol.. I know it sounds crazy but every time I go to the fridge.. I see the picture.. then I'm like.. well If i get me anything to eat out of here.. I'm never gonna look like that.. so then I go sit back down! lol.. But I think alot of the time I'm not eating because I'm hungry.. I'm eating because I'm bored!

1_day! Hope you get your computer fixed! I miss our nightly chats! :) Also.. none for me today (so far!).. I did have a 8 oz glass of tea though!

hey everyone!

just a quick post today as i have to get ready to go to work. . . .

christina - i'm an ICU nurse. i was a med/surg nurse for a year and a half, and now i've just started a new job in the ICU. LOVE IT so far!!!! very exciting and i'm learning a lot. what is the difference between a medical assistant and a CNA? i used to work with CNA's on my old floor and MAN i'm thankful for all of the hard work that they do!! we don't have them in the ICU because i only have 2 patients and i take care of everything for them.

and yes - italian food is probably a downfall of mine. it was a special occasion night. . . . .and i think it just took a day or so to get over the engorging that we did - yesterday i was 1401 calories and well over 50oz of water!! i got really hungry toward the end of my shift, but i just kept drinking water instead of going to get something from the vending machine and it TOTALLY worked!!

went home this morning to find that the boyfriend had stayed up all night waiting for me, and had cooked me breakfast. . . . .i was worried that he had bought sausages and eggs and i was going to blow the calories for the day, but he cooked me everything healthy that i have here in the apt!!! he made me egg beaters, whole wheat toast with vegetable spread and a clementine! he also made me a bowl of my kashi cereal, but i was too stuffed to eat it, so i let him eat it.

i think my decisions are helping him make good decisions as well. he was talking about how he bought different food for dinner last night because he wants to try and improve his diet as well. . . . .i'm getting through to him!!!

anyway that's all. gotta go get ready for work again! feeling tons better about the challenge today!

hope everyone had a great day:)

I'm not quite sure about in other states but in my state ... A CNA can only do the ADL ... A Medical Assistant in my state can give injections, EKG's, write out Rx's, and a few others.. So I guess the Cna when I did it was just patient care.. Because I worked in a Nursing Home then decided to go back to school for the MA... and all we did was bathe, change, dress, feed, and lift the residents.. and vitals.. but a friend of mine worked in a hospital on the WV side (I live 5 miles from the state line) and she had to do caths, enema's , etc.. So I guess it just depends on the State or what kind of setting you work in.

Awww.. that sounds so sweet that he made you breakfast! Mine wouldn't even think about fixing healthy stuff.. Where he is gone all the time he said there is no use in him eating healthy because when he is on the road there is nothing but fast food places! Hope you have a great night at work!

Hi Team! It's your official cheerleader! I can't believe it, but I've lost 4 lbs! Could it be the surgery?? I haven't exercised in weeks and I'm down four. Too weird. I'm at 164 for the first time in years - YAY!!!!! Too bad I'm not in a challenge. Hee hee!

Keep up the good work, team 2!

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone!! Where is everyone?? Exercising I hope!! LOL... I didn't have a good day today.. but didn't do too bad either! Will be on track tomorrow.. Today was my off day!

Hey Julie! It is about time you came back sweetie! We've missed you!! I hope you get to feeling better!

I hope everyone else is doing great! 1_day.. I wouldnt' blame you for wanting a pepsi! You deserve a break!

I hope everyone is getting their water and exercise in so we can win this thing!

GO TEAM 2 !!!!!!

ooh lord i just realized it's been 3 days since my last post! so sorry!!! things have been weirdly hectic (and by weirdly i mean i'm working the 2 day on, 2 day off plan and i get all confused)

just checking in quickly. . . .last night at work was so busy i barely had time to eat - but that means my calories were superb - 1170 for the day, and i've been up for 21 hours! :eek: went to the gym, did stairmaster, arms and abs. my arms are sore already and it's not even 24 hours since i went to the gym! gonna feel that when i wake up this afternoon, i'm sure.

i bought some veggie sausage patties on a whim when i went grocery shopping yesterday. i'm interested to see what they're like. . . .a friend at work told me that depending on what brand i get, they're really good. so i'll keep you posted. they're only 80 calories for two!!!! so i'm definitely intrigued.

ok that's all for now. i hope everyone else is preparing to have a lovely day! for me - goodnight!!! :p

Hey Ladies! I am so sorry that I have not been here to support everyone like I wanted to. I broke both bones in my lower leg on Sunday, had surgery to insert rods on Monday, and just got out of the hospital today. I guess I will have to drop out of the challenge :( because of course I can't exercise.

I hope everyone is doing well and I will try to check in often to cheer you on.

Oh noooo Hypo!! I'm so sorry!! I hope you have a speedy recovery!! I guess team two has 2 cheer leaders now!! :) Get well soon sweetie!!

heather~ Let me know how the veggie patties are! I seen them a few weeks ago but didnt' buy them because I was afraid I wouldn't like em..

goodmorning ladies!!

hippo i'm SO SORRY to hear what happened!!! how did you manage that!?!? hopefully you're having a peaceful recovery at home. we'll be content to have you as a cheerleader, though!!!

christina - the veggie sausage patties were tasty!!! they don't quite taste like sausage, but they're close, and they definitely satisfy my urge for salty breakfast meat every once in a while. i would buy them again! (plus i have three more i can make) plus since i make egg beaters for myself as well, the 'eggs and sausage' make a decadent and delicious breakfast with only 120 calories!!! great stuff!

it's bedtime for me soon, but just wanted to check in before sleep. hope everyone has a great day and hippo take it easy!!

Hey Ladies!

I put a long description of how I broke my leg on my diary. If you will look at that one, I would really appreciate it so I won't need to type it all again. The pain medicine I took a little while ago is starting to kick in and I am starting to feel kind of loopy. Long story short: I simply slipped on acorns and feel on the wrong way. :(

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing well. I'm so sad that I can't stay in the challenge with all of you. I know y'all are going to kick butt!

Ok, cheerleader checking in! :D

Where are you ladies? Get your butts in gear! Only a few days left, and I know you ladies can win this thing!

good afternoon everyone!

so i'm just about to do a weigh-in for monday (my traditional weigh-in day). i'm not expecting miracles. . . .i was really good for the majority of the challenge, but this weekend was just awful. between feeling excessively tired all weekend, and witnessing a multiple shooting (yeah. . . . . . .that put something on my mind other than keeping to the plan) i kinda lost sight of my goal.

BUT. . . . .i'll do the weigh-in anyway, and just keep myself on track.

weight: 186

*sigh* i doubt i'll lose another lb between today and tomorrow, but we'll see!!

i'm just glad that this weekend is behind me. started off my week with a 360 cal smoothie from amazon juice and a 'body cleansing' power boost in it. hopefully it'll help me shake the impending sinus infection i've been feeling as well as help me to refocus!

hippo, i hope that you're feeling better and that the pain meds are helping you out!!!

everyone else, one more day. . . .let's make it count!!!!

So is that a 4 or 5 pd loss for you 1dayatatime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back