Weight-Loss Group 2 for the win!!!

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

heathercb04

hey everyone! didn't see anything started off for our group so i thought i'd begin our thread!

i'm weighing in this morning at 187 :)-P) just started my 1500 cal plan as of sunday, so this should help me along with the challenge! plus i found an arsenal of yummy low-fat recipes in a book i had forgotten about. . . . .and i'm really sticking to my exercise plan.

how's everyone feeling today? i'm psyched for the challenge! how often do we weigh in? i assumed it was at the beginning and end, but i'll certainly let you all know if i have any changes ;)

have a GREAT day!

I'm so excited! We have such a good group!

My weight this morning is 217. :(

Mee,
Send a PM to NewBride02. You can get to her profile by looking on the thread called New Year Challenge. Then I think if she says it is not too late to join, it will be up to everyone on this team if you can join us. :)

hey girls,

just wanted to write up my day 1 stats, as i work tonight and i'm not sure if i'll get to post again. . . .

breakfast - kashi and skim milk (280)
lunch - tuna, light mayo, crackers, asian pear, gatorade (385)

dinner will be 336 - i'm having leftovers. so that leaves me a leftover of 500 cals which will be snacks while at work - probably fruit, veggies and/or baked doritos.

did yoga today for the first time in a looooonnnnng time, and conquered a fear of mine - going to a class at my gym! first experience was fantastic! loved the yoga class, plan to do it again on friday.

awesome day one! keep up the good work everyone

OK - I'm definitely going to be an honorary member of this team: ChristinAnVA and HH are my buddies!!! I can't participate officially because I can't exercise for awhile which I'll explain. Anyone notice my absence? I had emergency hernia surgery on Saturday morning. Ugh! I find ou t on Th. how long I have to wait to exercise. I had such high hopes for this week!! I won't be joining, but I can definitely cheer you on and watch my diet. Go Team 2!!

Hey ladies! Sorry it has taken me so long to weigh in!! My dh is still home and is leaving tomorrow! :) I dont want to sound mean.. but he is driving me nuts here cause he has nothing to do... We get along so much better when he works!!

Anyway.. weighing in today still at 222! (For the 3rd week in a row!)

My biggest downfall is Sweet tea and Resse cups... and eating past 7 at night... not to mention not getting in enough water!! I also need alot of support!!

Glad to have you as a cheerleader Mommy2! Looks like we have a great team! I'm ready to win this challenge!!!

Hey Ladies! Just checking in for this morning. How is everyone?

Just thought I would put this since Christina did. Maybe everyone else can too so we know how we can help each other? My biggest downfall is snacking when I am really not hungry, especially at night. I also need a lot of support. I tend to be so busy with everything else that I just give up on eating healthy and making time to exercise.

1 Day, I am all for giving the group a name, but I have no ideas. :confused:

Oh my Lord! This is a deadly team! I know just how stubborn and hard-headed half of you are so I guess I'd better step it up if I plan to help team 1 keep up with you ladies! Some of my bestest friends around here!!! Good luck girlies!

"good morning", ladies!! (forgive me, for a night shifter, sometimes 3pm is my morning. . . .)

so glad to see everyone! mary, let me tell you that salt is my BIGGEST DOWNFALL. so the whole potato chip thing really gets to me. i have found some yummy substitutes, though. . . . .i really love the baked versions of some of my favorite chips - including doritos (both the cheese and ranch) and the baked cheddar and sour cream flavor ruffles. DELISH! and just about on par for you as a handful of crackers would be in terms of calories. now moderation is still key when you eat them, but they are a heck of a lot better when i'm dying for a salt fix than snagging a handful of the real things!

yesterday was fabulous - calorie total 1406 for the day - well below my 1500 cal limit! worked my first 12 hour shift in a week and kept from any unecessary snacking overnite - and wasn't hungry! (yay!) so far today (and i'm still munching on some breakfast) i'm at par with my 300 cal breakfast - one banana, glass of OJ (had to finish it, brother bought it while he visited last week) and egg beaters. made some yummy tuna yesterday and am going to whip that up for "lunch" before i go, then take two snacks and dinner to work. no exercise for me today, but it's my only day off of the week simply because i'm working 2 12 hour shifts in a row and i'd prefer to sleep my 7 hours instead of try to go on 5 hours of sleep :p:p

i gotta say this challenge is AWESOME for motivation. thanks so much everyone for helping me out!

as far as a name, all i could think of when i saw that post was some changed version of 'hungry hungry hippos' (obviously changed to reflect our new and wonderful willpower against the 'hungry hungry' part) just because i was looking at hypo hippo's name when i was pondering a team name. :D :rolleyes:

have a great day everyone!! time for me to get ready for work again. . . .

Last edited:
I have some of the Light Doritos. They are very good. They have 90 calories per serving (about 11 chips) and 1 gram of fat, I think.

I realized today that when I sit down and bend over to tie my shoes, I don't have to hold my breath because my pants are too tight! I know, that's really a strange thing to be excited about, but I'll take it. :p

Hey ladies! i didn't do good today at all.. Not making excuses or anything .. but he still hasn't left yet.. and it is so much harder to diet with him here!! He wanted McDonalds for lunch and subway for dinner.. and I just didn't have enough will power! I hope to get back on track tomorrow... I might not get to go to curves because I have no breaks on my car and I guess that is what I'll be doing tomorrow morning.. If I get time though I will go work out.. If not I'll work out here at home! I've watched BL tonight.. so I'm all motivated now!! Hope you all are doing good.. and sorry I havent' had the chance to post like I should.. but will get back to posting when he is gone!!

1_day_at_a_time said:
Hi Girls,

I just rolled out of bed like a hour ago! hee hee :D
I was up till like 4 last night so I was a little tired. Anyway my weigh in for this morning is 192!

Breakfast- Wasn't up for it!
Lunch- Waffles 300 Calories Pepsi 150

Ok my downfalls are Pepsi as you can see! I started the day off bad already, but this is the only one I'm going to drink today!!!! I'm going to keep telling myself that all day!

I'm going to go get on my treadmill today too. I'm going to shoot for atleast a half hour today, but if at possible do a hour!

Hi 1_Day,

My favorite energy drink is a Pepsi product (and i am a Coke person). You might want to consider exchanging that Pepsi 150 cal for a So Be No Fear Sugar Free 20 cal. plus has vitamins, creatine, etc.... Look for these at your local gas stations. I have found they are the best price at Shell or Phillips 66 if you have those in your area. It runs a little bit more than a soda at the local gas station, but they are usually coupons hanging on the door for it.

Morning Girls hope everyone is up and motivated this morning we have teams to beat you know...LOL. Well girls Im ready to kick some butt today so will post after I workout. Hope everyone has a good day!

morning everyone!

mary i had no idea the light ones were better for you! i'll have to look into that the next time i shop. here i'm thinking i'm doing the best for me with the baked. . . . .will have to try it out. :) thanks for that!!

work last night was nuts. . . . .but kept to the plan, and i'm officially 1520 calories for the day. needed a bit of a relaxant this morning, so i allowed myself the 20 cals over and did one rum and diet coke for the 'after work' thing. it felt so weird when i started working night shift to have a drink in the morning, but i'm over it now. granted, i don't do it OFTEN, but on occasion it's just nice to relax after work.

plan for the day: wake up, breakfast, gym, back home. shower, then the boy wants to buy tons of fatness from this italian shop i gave him a gift card to. sooooo. . . . .will try to get back on night sleeping so i can just have dinner and go to bed and keep in my 1500 calorie range! on the gym schedule today is: treadmill, arms, and abs. may not get to post again, so have a great day everyone! :)

Hi Team 2! I haven't been much of a cheerleader. Just dealing with the recovery from my stupid hernia operation. Grrr! I'm just itching to get back to the gym. I don't know how I'll manage my 22 month old getting to and from the gym. I'm considering a harness! Is that bad?? The doc thought that Cycle/Spin class in about a week might be ok if I take it slow. Yay! He thought I should wait on Kickboxing, though. He suggested running, but that seems like it would be sooooo painful.

Well, keep up the good work! I'm doing the food thing to some extent and I'll get back on track once I get through my hernia difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back