Cohen's Lifestyle 'Get back on it' re-journeying

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hey All

Thanks for popping into my diary!

I am still going really well on the plan and are deviation free! I have been quiet as I have just been so busy with work. I was thinking on Sunday evening ooow I haven't been on the forum for a while, but I managed to get some time at work today to pop in as it isn't as busy as last week- phew!

We have found a new flat to rent and it is GORGEOUS!!! It is overlooking the river Thames and it is just sharing with one other couple! I am SO excited and have barely slept :)

Been eating much more prawns lately which have been delicious, they are super expensive here in the UK but you can get them buy one get one free in packs so I wait for then and buy up big! Haven't really been craving beef this time which is kind of strange for me but have been eating more seafood and chicken. I have decided not to eat mozzerella cheese very often as it makes me think of tomato sauce and toast he he he.. even thought I am not a bread person I do love a toasted cheesie now and then!

Hope everyone is doing really well! I am totally in the Cohen's zone now and are looking forward to the 4 week mark when I weigh-in! I can already tell I have lost a big chunk of weight as my collar bones are back and I can feel my hip bones (after only two weeks)! Cohen's is just SO amazing and I love the fact that the craving's just disapear after a while, I am not craving anything sweet at all and dont even think about it!! Woo hooo.... hot body here I come!

Best of luck to you all! I am going to pop into your diaries and see how your all fairing!

xx nicole

Well done London Darling on being back in the zone & 100% Cohen's. Don't you just love those hip bones! Congrats on the new flat- overlooking the Thames- nice! It's nice seeing your support for everyone & your enthusiasm, xo Cate

hi nicky,
congrats on getting back on the wagon. falling off happens to ALL of us. what's important is that you get back on again.
you will make it.
lots of loving, 28xxx

hi nicky,
congrats on getting back on the wagon. falling off happens to ALL of us. what's important is that you get back on again.
you will make it.
lots of loving, 28xxx

28!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have missed you so much :) I was wondering if you were still going to be around? Seems like you must have been busy with your Aussie holiday! How did it go and how are you?

Looks like you have reached your goal and are doing SO well!! I am so proud of you and you must be looking STUNNING! Please put some pictures up so we can see the new you!

Wow your family must have got a huge shock when they saw you. You have done so well to stay on track and finish the programme whilst away on holiday- that's true dediaction, you must have really changed on the inside too!

So are you in maintainence land now? Gee seeing how well you have done gives me fresh hope that it is possible!

GO YOU :) Please keep in touch, you were such an inspiration to me with your positivity!

xx nicky

p.s I will post this in your diary to just in case you dont come back again for a while.

Hey Nicky! Just checking in to see how you are doing. Are you still going strong?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Cheers
Mands:waving:

Super Uber good

Hey Nicky! Just checking in to see how you are doing. Are you still going strong?

Hope to hear from you soon!
Cheers
Mands:waving:

Hey Mands

SO sweet of you to check up on me :) Yep still steaming ahead 100% deviation free! I am coming up to my first 4 weeks being back on the wagon again so I will update my ticker! I know I have lost a lot in this month as my face looks MUCH thinner, my hip bones are back, my chest has got more bonie and I can see my beautiful collar bones again ha ha ha!! I love having collar bones :)

It's just been so cold in London lately that I have to keep all covered up so it doesn't really show to most people when you loose weight. Maybe this is a good thing as were coming into Spring soon and then Summer will be on it's way. Hopefully I can then start to wear some cute dresses!

I am going back to Australia at the end of October for my sisters wedding! SO EXCITED!! My goal is to be well into maintainence by then so I can be stabelised and not stress about eating at her Reception. This year is such a big year for me!! SO many more things happening as well.
My husband and I are also going to go on a holiday to Spain and then after my sisters wedding going to head to Malaysia and Thailand for a gorgeous beach holiday so I will have to get my sexy beach body on ;)
he he he

I am so focused right now and am totally in the cohen's zone. I am not thinking or craving any other food than what I am allowed to eat on the program. Lately I have been eating mango's and chilli, ginger, garlic prawn stir-fry mmmmmmm. I am trying to add in a bit more steak to keep my iron levels up just in case!

My week has been CRAZY!! I have been SO busy that I haven't even had time to think about food which is a really good thing. Only problem though is that I have been tired as unless I get my 9hrs I dont funtion too well. Other than that my energy levels have been Great! I just over did it last weekend and went for a huge walk which messed up my week as I was tired then hungry the next day. Note to self: DO NOT excersise as this doesn't agree with me whilst doing Cohen's.

Okay I realise I am rambling a bit now so I will be off to read all your diaries! Ciao lovely Cohenettes:grouphug:

Hugs and best wishes to you all

xxx nicky

Hi Nicky, Well done you! 4 weeks back on the Cohen's wagon & sounding great! What part of Aus is the wedding in Oct? How exciting....beach holiday, wedding, seeing the family, slim Nicky. Nice. xo Cate

hooray for sexy collarbones! And hipbones! Hehehe, I remember being so excited too upon the re-emergence of mine. Heck, I'm still thrilled! (Bony chest... smaller boobs.. less thrilled about that...) :p

Hey, I'm from Malaysia - are you heading to the Perhentian Islands for your beach holiday?

Hello hello

Cate- Thanks for your comment, your always so lovely :) The wedding is in Perth they are having it in the Winery district in Spring at a Resort so it should be lovely!

Dietgrl- I am not sure exactly where were going to go in Malaysia but we are first stopping in at Kwala Lumpa and then not sure where to go from there? Can you recommend any beautiful destinarions that are not too pricey?

SO glad it's Friday today, woo hooo going shopping on Oxford street tomorrow and exchaning my shoes I bought from Selfridges (like a HUGE, gorgeous David Jones/Myer). Then going to get some boxes and start packing as we move house in 2 weeks! YAY

I might have to take some cottage cheese and celery sticks with me as it's an easy lunch to carry in your handbag when your out and about :) It's so funny how something SO small can fill me up!

Yay for Cohen's, weigh-in on Monday so I will report back with the good news ;)

Have a lovely weekend all and I will try and catch-up on come more diaries soon

xx nicky aka London Darling :D

Nicky, it depends what kind of destinations you are looking for:

1. Beach: Perhentian Islands is popular, also good for snorkelling, Langkawi, etc.
2. Cooler weather, strawberries, hills: Cameron Highlands
3. Cute Malaysian smaller towns: Malacca (where there is a strong Portugese influence), Penang (food!)

I would also recommend that you check out

A lot of travellers post there and you get some really useful travel information. I actually haven't been to these islands yet! (I'm from the Malaysian part of Borneo) so can't really help you out in terms of how to get there. Ask the folk at bootsnall - they are friendly.

Nicky, it depends what kind of destinations you are looking for:

1. Beach: Perhentian Islands is popular, also good for snorkelling, Langkawi, etc.
2. Cooler weather, strawberries, hills: Cameron Highlands
3. Cute Malaysian smaller towns: Malacca (where there is a strong Portugese influence), Penang (food!)

I would also recommend that you check out

A lot of travellers post there and you get some really useful travel information. I actually haven't been to these islands yet! (I'm from the Malaysian part of Borneo) so can't really help you out in terms of how to get there. Ask the folk at bootsnall - they are friendly.

Hey Dietgrl

Thanks so much for all your advice! I will be sure to share it will my husband and check out what you've posted! Seems like your doing fabulously with Cohen's yourself, only 5 kg's to go :) Yeeee haaa you must be feeling stunning! All the best for your re-feeding which sounds like it's coming soon :auto:

xx nicky

Hey all

Well I am feeling fab!! I hav lost a grand total of 8.3kg's in my first month of being back on Cohen's 100%!!!!!!!! SO happy! I know that if I just trust in the programme and follow it to the letter I will be down to my goal in no time, and even if it takes some time so be it! It is also TOM so I might just even be lower than this weight. I am going to weigh every week now so watch this space :)

Wow SO much has happened in the last few days. My brother and his girlfriend have found out there having a baby and are planning on getting married before she starts to show! So in less than 3 months they are planning a wedding in Aus. Looks like I have two wedding's to attend. I am hoping that I can be down to about 70- 75kg's by the time I have to go back to Aus. I think I will plan to do my re-feeding before I go so my body doesn't freak out and then when I come back I will get back on plan and loose those last couple of kg's. It woiuld really be ideal if this wedding wasn't happening and I didnt have to go back to Aus till October as planned but I guess sometimes life happens and you just have to make the best of it you can.

I plan on eating close to plan as I dont want to gain a bunch of weight over there. I am hoping my family will do some healthy options as I know were going to be having a lot of get togethers as I haven't seen them for a year!

Hope your all doing great with your programs, it seems Cohen's is the best plan for me

xxx nicky

8.3kg!
Wee Hoo!!!!
Well done London Darling!!!!

Congrats future Auntie! Oh well. Coming back to Aus early does not mean you can't eat mostly Cohen's. Celebrations aren't all about the food. You will know how to go about it Nic without hurting the scales too much as I think you have the maintenance guidelines from before. If not let me know.
"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans."
~ John Lennon
You are really strong & determined & boy do I love seeing your ticker looking the way it does today. LOL! Well done Nick, xoxo Cate

I am really chuffed with the loss :) I am glad that the first chunk is coming off quickly as I was feeling rather crappy about how quickly it all came back on. I am really hoping I might loose around 6kg's this month but I will be happy with 4kg's :)

Had a horrible experience with a bitchy co-worker today. She really upset me but I am not going to let it get to me she is SO not worth it. Apparently she is a really trouble maker and makes the lifes of the people she works with HELL! I think she must lack self confidence as she tries to demand rescept from others, apparently many people hae run-ins with her- you think she would have learnt by now.

It's funny how one person can really change your work life! I hope I dont have to deal with her very often as I will have to be ultra professional and not try to be friendly with her. Her loss.

Anyway I have been having a lot of acid reflux for the last 1.5 weeks and it has only been happening since being on Cohens. I am thinking it might be the black coffee I have in the mornings, I only have one small sized one but it does have x2 shots of espresso in it? Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to be happening everday and makes me feel a bit sick.

Also I am thinking of getting the Chelamin vitamin from Neways to go along with the Orachel Plus I have been taking. It is expensive though as I have to get it shipped from Australia as they dont have the same vitamins over here. Actually most vitamins over here have caffiene and pro-biotices added to them? Very strange!

Anyways best get back to work, it has been quiet for some reason?

Hope you all have a lovely day and keep smiling.

xx nicky

Your work "mate" sounds like she has real issues. I have always found that being extra nice to anyone that is horrible to me seems to work better. It's the old "killing them with kindness" trick so that they get the guilts. You never know. It might work. Re: the acid reflux. I don't usually have a problem with it, but occasionally yoghurt in the morning can bring it about. The next week I'll be fine. I don't think it comes from coffee for me anyway.
You're doing well Nicky. Good for you! xoxo Cate

Last edited:
Congrats on the loss Nicky, you have done wonderfully :) Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be on refeed!

I suffer terribly with acid reflux, was actually quite sick with it about 2 weeks ago and contributed to me falling off the plan as i was getting sick after everything I ate, i still need to go for a tummy ultra sound and the scope so the drs can have a look what is going on,, my dr gave me brilliant tabs to help it, don't know if it is in anyway related to the plan or just happening now by chance.

Take care and have a great weekend!!

xxx

Congrats on the loss Nicky, you have done wonderfully :) Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be on refeed!

I suffer terribly with acid reflux, was actually quite sick with it about 2 weeks ago and contributed to me falling off the plan as i was getting sick after everything I ate, i still need to go for a tummy ultra sound and the scope so the drs can have a look what is going on,, my dr gave me brilliant tabs to help it, don't know if it is in anyway related to the plan or just happening now by chance.

Take care and have a great weekend!!

xxx

Hey Ang

I had some truly terrible stomach problems about 2 years ago going back on plan, I had excrutiating stomach pain and the doctors didnt know what was wrong with me. I think it might have been Pepsi Max as my brother has been to a gastroeterologist and had a similar problem, apparently Pepsi Max feeds the bad bacteria in your stomach. Anyway I dont know for sure what it was but then they thought it was a stomach ulcer so I was prescribed Nexium which works an absolute treat for Acid Reflux. I have been suffering from the reflux and it also makes me feel terribly naucious and grose but the Nexium has REALLY helped. I dont normally like taking tablets but occasionally if I really need it I will take the Nexium, as it can be un-bearable and I just want to eat something to make the acid go away.

Well it's packing for me this weekend as I am moving next weekend!! Woo hoo!!!! I SO cant wait. I am also going to weigh-in on Monday so will update my ticker and write in my diary.

Have a wonderful weekend lovelies xx

Cate- thanks for the comment in my diary, I think your method is very clever- kill her with kindness :) That is generally how my tactic works I just get annoyed if it doesn't work and the person then thinks they can walk all over you without consequence.

Will check up on all your diaries tomorrow as it's 11:40pm here in London and I am getting sleeeepy. Signing off xx nicky:Angel_anim:

Hello London Darling, Be kind to yourself & get off those scales & get out your tape measure. Best not to weigh too often as you know. Don't let it do your head in sweets, xo Cate

Back