Cohen's Lifestyle 'Get back on it' re-journeying

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle

nickychick

Okay SO I was going to have a pitty party and write about how I am so dissapointed in myself and how I cant believe how I have put weight back on again but then I thought ''what is the point''.

I am just going to depress myself. I know there are many, many people out there who have started the journey and falled off the wagon, it cannot be denied that starting again is much harder than starting inicially! The result may be the same but attaining the inicial motivation to 'get back on it' is the hard part.

I have started again today after putting back on a lot of weight, but not all of it. I literally put 15kg's on in 2 weeks and that wasn't by stuffing my face 24-7. I have a very sensertive body and even my doctor's would agree. I am not going to wallow in my shame but and going to use it to propel me to get to my goal. :nopity:

A new journey is set even though the same destination and further will be reached.

Come walk with me as I find my way through the forrest of Cohen's.
Re-fresh, re-new, re-think, re-evaluate.

xxx nicole (pasrt thread: Nicole's London weight-loss journey)

P.S I am hoping in a months time I will blitz a big chunk of this weight!:auto:

Hey Nicole,

Welcome back!!

With that attitude i'm sure you will reach your goal :)

I also restarted this year so as you said there are many of us who have fallen off the bandwagon, but at least you are making an effort to get back on and get to where you want to be :)

I actually am finding it a little easier this time around as i now know all the ins and outs to it, lol, so makes cooking easier etc.

Good luck with your journey and i'm sure with dedication and motivation you will go a long long way :)

Take care
xxx

Welcome back Nicole, good to have you back and good to see that you're back on the wagon and ready to take it on with all you have.

I totally agree that there is no reason to have a pity party, put it behind you and just look ahead here on out. Remember every day counts and before you know it, you'll be back feeling that awesome cohens balance.

Hope to hear from you more soon
Take care

Kristy xo

Thanks Ladies!!!!

SO lovely to hear from you again! I think it is a HUGE help being on the forum as it really keeps mymind set to my destination.

Best of luck for you both! MissKris you are already there :)

xx

I have started again today after putting back on a lot of weight, but not all of it. I literally put 15kg's on in 2 weeks and that wasn't by stuffing my face 24-7. I have a very sensitive body and even my doctor's would agree.
Nicole, I'm the same I think.
One thing I do know is that getting back on Cohen's 100% is damned hard but when you do that regained weight disappears quick smart! It will for you I know. I wrote a big note in your diary but then cut & pasted it into mine so as not to fill yours. I'll go finish it now. It's really good that you have taken the steps to get back on Cohen's. You are a very strong & determined woman Nic & I'm sure you will do what it takes, xo Cate

Thanks so much Cate!!! I am going to have a read now. I fessed up to my consultant and she said she thinks my body is very sensetive to certain foods so I must treat them like I am alergic to them.

Okay so day 2 down pat, eaten chickenie soup for dinner and made mexicana chicken mince with lettus cups for lunch :) SO yummy!! I have decided I am not really a salad person so I am going to make some interesting warm meals, well it has been -7 degress c here in London so you cant blame me for not wanting to eat cold food.

Hope everyone is staying stong, I can already feel the happy cohen's brain starting to kick in... Ahhh to be in control of my eating makes for a happy life!

Night night xx nicky

Hey nicky,

You're already off to a good start with your attitude! I feel you about putting weight on really quickly too when you're not completely stuffing your face. It's frustrating but on the other hand, I am grateful for the experience because I realize that I too have a sensitivity towards certain foods. I will never be the skinny chick who can eat whatever she wants and never gain weight (haha i never was!).

You really don't have much weight to lose, soon you'd be done!

Your food sounds so yummy Nicky!!

And oh my word that is cold think i would have frozen to death already, lol, think the coldest it gets by me is -1 and then i can't cope, hahahahahaha. I would also definitely be wanting to eat warm foods rather, also not much of a salad person but making the best of it for now :)

Keep strong.

xxx

Thanks for your lovely posts ladies :) It really helps being in here and being inspired from you all!

I had a YUMMY chicken and vegie soup for dinner last night, I think I have perfected the recipie now as it tastes DIVINE!!

Hey Dietgirl I wish I was a skinny, stuff-your-face girl! I hate them lol!! Mind you stuffing your face isn't really that fun. I hate being overfull and bloated! Mind you I wouldnt mid being able to eat what I like and not put on weight :) Well I know that is fantasy land.

he he he ow well! Best of luck to you all on your journies! Together we can do this and I am so glad that there are all you lovely, encouraging ladies on here this time as sometimes it gets a little quiet!

Kepp on keepin' on xx nicole

Hi Nicole, Soup is a wonderful Winter warmer & having the extra volume, albeit in liquid, I think is more mentally satisfying. Welcome back sweets, xo Cate.

Nicky, I agree - stuffing the face always makes you feel so blah later on. What I'm loving on this Cohen journey is that I'm learning that I can survive without having to be full after each meal. :) I think the Japanese eating culture is rather similar - stop before you feel too full!

Hope you're doing well so far!

Thanks Cate and Dietgrrl

I am enjoying my food once again whilst being on Cohen's! I TOTALLY believe enjoying your food and having the right mindset is 100% key in finishing the journey, as who wants to eat the same boring old thing everyday?!? NOT ME! he he he

I am SO glad it's the weekend as I dont have to cook lunch for tomorrow and dinner tonight. chicken or tuna soup it is for me tonight and I made a chicken stir-fry for lunch. I normlly warm it up and put it on my crackers as I dont really like to eat the crackers plain at lunch time.

Was a bit hungry this morning so I ate half my kiwi allowance, I would recommend eating kiwi's as you get two or three for your single fruit allowance (when weighted) and the fiber in the skin is suppose to be great for your insides ;)

Anyway have a wonderful weekend and I am sure I will be back online tomorrow to read some more diaries!

Keep up the good work ladies (I see no men on here at the moment).

xx nicole

Okay so I have been thinking about life and my motivations for loosing the weight. When there are so many more positive reasons to loose weight and keep it off how can food be an issue.

It's strange cause I was sitting in the staff room and people were eating all sorts of lovely things (be it smoken salmon and prawns with eduki beans or chunkcy beef stew) and I was thinking that I am not tempted at all and WHY was food such an issue before where it doesn't matter now, WHAT has changed in my brain that causes me not to be tempted. I had all the same motivational reasons before and couldn't do it but now it seems easier??? Strange, I definantly think that bringing my issues to light and discussing things here has helped A TON! Sometimes you just need to write something down and get some feedback from others to get your head straight. I'm reading some diaries here and on the New You forum and thinking how food should just be an easy, casual thing, not something stressed and strained about. I find with myself if I over think it then it causes me the most problems, sometimes I just need to roll with it and just not think.

So I have decided to write some reasons down as to why I am and want to do this. I want to stay slim and healthy once I reach my goal and I dont want to have any stupid food issues. So there might be some reasons that may seem petty or might be repeated but they are all important to me!
So here it goes;

Reasons to re-think when temptations arise (even Jesus was tempted):

- to be healthy
- to feel better about myself
- to be comfortable in my own skin
- to be able to go mountai hiking and bioking and skiing
- to wear trousers
- to be more confident
- to love myself and value me
- to not be embarassed
- to not have to cover myself up or worry what other think of me
- to not feel pressured to eat to not offend others
- to take care of myself
- to be and FEEL beautiful
- to be consistant in life and to not have up's and down's with my weight
- to have a lean body so I dont have to navigate tight spaces and worry I'm to big
- to be comfortable in an airplane seat
- to not be scared, angry or concerned to get my picture taken
- to have a great body I can be proud of
- to not have to feel I need to eat large meals (and all that's on my plate)
- to not feel sick, bloated and/or over-full
- to look H-O-T at my sisters wedding
- to look healthy and slim when my familt see's me
- to be healthy on the inside and the outside
- to balance my hormones and to stop PCOS taking over my life
- to not be obsessed about food and what I eat
- to trust myself and be able to trust others
- to go on a summer holiday and wear a bikini
- to ''get it done'' and finish with the yo-yo dieting
- to be able to change my thinking and feeling's towards food
- to re-gain my own self-confidence
- to be a 'sexy lady' ;)
- to make my husband proud of me and to be with me
- to wear what I like, hot I like
- to be proud of myself
- to look H-O-T
- to make my family and friends be proud of me
- to acomplish what I have set out to do
- to be a WINNER!!

I really do think this is such a good idea. They are all positive Nicole & I think that is also partly the key. You are moving towards something really good, rather than focussing on the negative. I think typing in a diary is excellent for many reasons. Articulating how you feel about yourself helps make it clearer in your mind & helps you to focus on attaining your goals. I know that it has for me. It's great to see you back in the zone Nicole & feeling good about yourself, xo Cate

That's a great list Nicky!

Myself, whenever temptation arises, I look at inspiring photos that I've collected on the internet. Before and After stories are also inspiring. I get so engrossed in them that the temptation eventually fades away.

However, it's been a couple of days without my cracker allowance and I must say... I think my cravings are calming down! Hmm interesting how the cracker just makes me want to eat more. Will rethink on stocking when I get back.

Those are all such great reasons to be going on this weight loss journey. I too agree that writing things down really helps put things into perspective :)

I dont know what it is but sometimes the brain just ticks over and you feel like you're really in the zone. It happened to me a couple of times on and off on cohens as well.

So glad to have you back on the forums Nicole and you're going to blitz this :)

K xo

Thanks Ladies :)

SO wonderful to be in this forum where everyone is so supportive. It's funny I would have trouble telling a friend how I feel but being with like minded people makes me feel at ease. Some people will just never understand Cohen's and why it's so key in our own journies.

xx best of luck to you lovelies and have a wonderful weekend :)

Thanks Ladies :)

SO wonderful to be in this forum where everyone is so supportive. It's funny I would have trouble telling a friend how I feel but being with like minded people makes me feel at ease. Some people will just never understand Cohen's and why it's so key in our own journeys.

xx best of luck to you lovelies and have a wonderful weekend :)
It's the like-mindedness that's the key to the support we give one another Nicole. It's our Cohen's "comfort zone."
xo Cate

Hey NickyChick,

Just checking in and see you have also been a bit quiet?

Hope all is well on your side and the diet is going well without any deviations.

Let us know how things are going :)

xxxx

P.S that pic of you and your husband in Paris is absolutely beautiful and you are really a stunning looking girl :)

Hey Nicky, love your list. I can actually identify with so many of the things you have on there. I think that list will keep you focussed and determined.

I have printed photos of myself of 4 years ago when I was nice and slim - only 60kg - and stuck a few in the kitchen, one next to my bed and one at work. That really helps me to stay focussed and determined. Also I just keep telling myself "I will be healthy and I will be thin and I will be gorgeous" power of positive thinking. And 5 weeks in it's still working for me!!

Keep up the good work gal!!!
:hurray:

Back