Gastric Balloon Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure why but water is the hardest thing to keep down.. I have instant cramps when I drink water.. !! I used to drink lots of water... now I barely drink a cup of water all day.. I try to make up with other liquids..

Well, for the first week, I took 2 needles everyday, one for the vomiting and the other for the cramps.. I couldn't keep juice down without those 2. I also took a needle Vitamin B12 every 3 days.

After one week, I started taking oral medication, one for vomiting and antiacid (3 times a day ...Cant live without it till now) and pain reliever for the cramps... (I take both twice a day)

I barely have cramps now but I had them for all first month.

Hang in there. The worst is over, believe me.

Try to stick to healthy juice/soups to get some vitamins and stuff. Also having juice always gives some energy instead of feeling depleted.

Ull get used to the vomiting.... sounds disgusting but ull learn to live with it and then itll go away..

Whenever you get discouraged, try on something that was really tight before:)

I hope you get well soon..

Back to Normal..

am now going on with my life normally, eating lots of proteins to regain my muscles. My appetite is not as before but I can eat a good meal now.

am losing weight alittle bit slower but my BMI is approaching the normal range.

12 kg now:D

Back to Normal..

am now going on with my life normally, eating lots of proteins to regain my muscles. My appetite is not as before but I can eat a good meal now.

am losing weight alittle bit slower but my BMI is approaching the normal range.

12 kg now:D

Hi Sassou,
how are you doing??? great weight loss!!!!
I had my balloon removed, I should say I had to have my balloon removed. I was hospitalized over the Christmas holidays with dehydration, I couldn't even keep water down, not even sips. I was sooo ill, very low electrolytes and bloodsugar. I was in hospital for 8 days, the balloon was causing a blockage in my stomach,nothing could get around it. I was down 30 pounds in 3 weeks, great weight loss but at a significant risk to my health. I missed over 6 weeks of work in total, I have only been back to work for a week now and I am still struggling with my energy level.
I am now focusing on a 1200 -1600 diet, and eating healthy.
I am certainly not anti-balloon but I certainly have learned it isn't for everyone. The tough part is you don't know until you try, so down many thousands of dollars, in the end, what I did get was an appreciation for health.
I am very glad you turned the corner and I hope you have continued to feel much better.
all the best, keep us posted.
Drul

hey there!! its good.. im 27days in have lost 6kg which is not wow but its better than nothing, also its m fault as im still eating, i find that my body tells me im full but i can still get food in there so i do.. which is what is ovbiosuly ruining it for me!

im going to start exercising as of next week and also limit my foods etc, whenever my tummy hurts i have a diet coke and it seems to help

Hi there, I had my balloon inserted on wednesday and went back to work today sunday
Cleverly timed meds and very positive mental attitude got me through it with no vomiting
And minimal cramps. Now am home it hurts like buggery lol. I had 2 days total rest day 3 forced
Myself to go out shopping and now feel like I've climbed everest. I crush all meds and never drink more than 50 mls
At a time. Am up to soup and yoghurt, I can't be sick on my patients and if you put on a brave face
That's half the battle
6 ugly pounds gone already (I visualise my fat) I thought it wouldn't get better but 5 days on it is settling
Oh and I expect something more than vomit for my dosh!
Keep going we can do it!

Bmi started at 30

u guys ive had the ablloon 2 months and let me tell you something,, when you feel full STOP!! i didnt... and ive stretched my stomach around the balloon and am basically eating as before!!! i dont know what to do and am sooo dperessed about it

Hi all
I am in south Africa Cape town and want to insert the balloon.The gastric bypass surgeons does not want to do it.Can you recommend anywhere in cape town I cna have this done.
I am desperate and cannot loose weight on my own.
Thanks
awaiting the response

Hi Estralita

Also in South Africa, Joburg in fact. I am going to the Obesity Unit in Joburg but maybe they can recommend a place in Cape Town. Did you come right, did you find a place?

I removed my balloon one year ago! Still keeping the weight loss but struggling abit.. gained some weight of course thru the year but trying to keep it under control

Many people I know when they have seen the 25 kg I lost, have tried the balloon but unfortunately didnt work for most of them as it did for me

Looks like it has to hurt and cause extreme vomiting to work!!

In the begining, I was recommending it to everyone, now am not so sure :rolleyes:

Like all things, a gastric balloon is only a short term fix. You MUST fix your diet or you will gain all the weight back.

Hi

I have not come right at all.Did you also have the surgery done? I am so desperate.

I was recently diagnosed with insulin resistance.I excercise 5-6 days a week with no luck.So Frustrated

Hi Drul
Wondered if you did go for a second balloon? I too had mine removed due to severe vomiting, but mine was 700 ccs. I' thinking of trying a smaller one. Please let me know if you did ...

Unsuccessful 2nd attempt

Hi Drul
Wondered if you did go for a second balloon? I too had mine removed due to severe vomiting, but mine was 700 ccs. I' thinking of trying a smaller one. Please let me know if you did ...

Unfortunately I did have a second attempt, the first balloon was 700 ccs as well, the second was 500 ccs. I had a few good days and we thought it was going to be successful, unfortunately I ended so ill!!!! Vomited daily for 26 days straight and ended up in hospital and had the balloon removed again! Some people can just not tolerate it, I was one of those people. I wish you all the best, I finally have lost 30 pounds, I did it by exercise and eating better but first I had to believe in myself that I could do this!!!! I chose the balloon as at that point I had so many failed diet attempts that I had lost faith that I could do it without an aid, but I did it!!!! I still have some more to lose but feel great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back