Gastric Balloon Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasou

Hi Everyone,
Nice to get to talk to so many ppl that have been through the weight loss journey!

I've been overweight since forever, lost 20 kgs before but gained them all back!! Lost any kind of will power to diet again! I just didn't have the energy to do it all over again!!

Anyways, heard abt the gastric balloon, got it inserted 4 days ago. I had an idea it would involve some vomiting but didn't imagine it to be this much and this rough! and the cramps are horrible!

Now I am on my 4th day and the vomiting is not even less! I need to go back to work after 2 days! and cant imagine running to the loo every 30 min to vomit!!

When are things going to get better?? Will it get easier sooner or what do u advise? I am really thinking of removing it but don't want to miss this chance on losing weight!

PLEASE HELP:willy_nilly:

Are you following the diet you have to for the balloon? From what I've read, most vomiting and stomach problems with the balloon comes from overeating and eating the wrong foods.

the other part is you need to talk to your doctor about this. If it is an actual situation, they need to know so they can fix it.

No food yet

Well, I haven't started eating at all yet! I just drink as much as possible everyay which is abt 2 cups of juice and thats it!

Hmm. Seriously, contact your doctor. At the worst they say that it is ok and that this is just how it is the first few days. For a surgery like that, communication is a major factor. Don't worry if you think you are bothering them..better to be safe.

Well, I haven't started eating at all yet! I just drink as much as possible everyay which is abt 2 cups of juice and thats it!

Hi Sasou,
I had to have my balloon removed after 5 weeks of persistant vomiting, from what I have read it can range from people experiencing little to no vomiting or it can last for some up to 2 weeks.
I remained mostly on liquids during those five weeks, occassionally trying solids but only to vomit. I had to work and therefore just couldn't tolerate the balloon any longer. Are you on medication to help control the vomiting, discuss if there are other options.
How many cc's of saline are in your balloon.
approximately 5% can not tolerat the balloon, try to hang in there, communicate with the doctor and team, go one day at a time. For most it does get BETTER!!!!! so don't throw in the towel too soon, I was asking the doctor the first week to remove it and he encouraged me to hang in there, I have spoken to some and they stuck it out and it did get better, the majority and for others like me, it didn't.
hope this subsides soon for you, I can relate and i know it isn't pleasant.
drul

My balloon is has 550 cc of saline. I am trying to hang in there but not sure how will I be able to make it to the office next Sunday!

Thanks Alot for the encouragement! thats exactly what I need someone to tell me.. that eventually it'll get better! Although I hope am not one of the two weeks ppl! am already pale and look ill..

Ill keep you posted on my progress.. but we are on day 6 an the vomiting going strong unless I take my daily needle!

My balloon is has 550 cc of saline. I am trying to hang in there but not sure how will I be able to make it to the office next Sunday!

Thanks Alot for the encouragement! thats exactly what I need someone to tell me.. that eventually it'll get better! Although I hope am not one of the two weeks ppl! am already pale and look ill..

Ill keep you posted on my progress.. but we are on day 6 an the vomiting going strong unless I take my daily needle!

Hi Sasou,
Oh my goodness, i can relate to everything you are saying. I became very dehydrated, make sure you discuss vvith the doctor the signs of dehydration and vvhen you may need to get IV fluids.
My balloon had 700cc's vvhich is vvhy I think that my body rejected it, I had lost 26 pounds in five vveeks from vomiting. I hope you have someone vvho is supportive, my husband vvas vvonderful. My bedroom began to look like someone lived there vvith a terminal illness, I had a bucket, a bedside table vvith all kinds of pill bottles, vvater bottles, I had to have a bucket near me all the time and in the end I even needed one in the car. I knevv after 4 vveeks that there vvas just no vvay I could keep the balloon and my health not be compremised so I insisted that I vvanted it removed.
Keep me posted, I hope that you vvill turn the corner soon and the vomiting subsides. I think the first 2 vveeks are rough but for most it gets better. It is a lot of money invested but the biggest investment is the hope vvhen you first go into this procedure that it vvill be successful. So stick it out until you knovv that you just can't anymore and if you feel your health is compromised.
Please make sure you see your doctor.
keep me posted,
drul

Good Morning,

Woke up today an no vomiting all night:) What a nice change..:)

Yesterday night I hit rock bottom, I was so depressed and felt dead!! My parents encouraged me to give the balloon one more week, maybe things would get better..

Hopefully the peaceful night is a start of some better days!

Still though Water is the hardest liquid to drink! Juices are much easier and my stomach welcomes them better!

Thinking of having half a yogurt for breakfast an see what happens..

Have a Nice day:)

Good Morning,

Yesterday night I hit rock bottom, I was so depressed and felt dead!! My parents encouraged me to give the balloon one more week, maybe things would get better..

Still though Water is the hardest liquid to drink! Juices are much easier and my stomach welcomes them better!

Yeah, hopefully you are turning that corner!!!!! keep us posted.
VVishing you all the best.
Drul

Yesterday, had to take a 2 hour drive, was horrible!! Turns out the balloon doesn't like turbulences!

Went to work today. Fine but still fragile but much better than staying dead at home..

After exactly one week I can say that it looks like there is light in the end of the tunnel..

I am soooooooo looking forward to eating anything.. am not hungry (Can u imagine not being hungry after a WEEK from ur last meal) but I miss food!

Anyways, maybe tomm I try some soup..

The vomiting is still there of course but twice a day is bearable..

Thanks for the support:)

Yesterday, had to take a 2 hour drive, was horrible!! Turns out the balloon doesn't like turbulences!

Went to work today. Fine but still fragile but much better than staying dead at home..

After exactly one week I can say that it looks like there is light in the end of the tunnel..

I am soooooooo looking forward to eating anything.. am not hungry (Can u imagine not being hungry after a WEEK from ur last meal) but I miss food!

Anyways, maybe tomm I try some soup..

The vomiting is still there of course but twice a day is bearable.

Thanks for the support:)

Great News:hurray:
I am so happy for you, I know what you mean about not being hungry but missing food, just go easy, soup is a good idea!!!
I noticed as well that movement was an issue for me. Going up and down stairs if you can believe it, but yes 2 times a day is bearable.
I think you have turned the corner and hopefully the light is at the end of the tunnel as you mention.
Glad to hear the update, let me know how you make out this week.
All the best!!!
Drul:willy_nilly:

Good Morning All,

Finally, I can sleep horizontally! I wasn't able to sleep the first week at all except in an upright or near upright position and I would wake up every hour or two. Now, I can sleep normally (although preferably not on my left side) and maybe wake up only once a night..

Still surviving on juices, tried yoghurt but it didn't work out but maybe will try again today..

The Weight Loss is starting to show:)) and thats the best thing here:)

Good Morning All,

Finally, I can sleep horizontally! I wasn't able to sleep the first week at all except in an upright or near upright position and I would wake up every hour or two. Now, I can sleep normally (although preferably not on my left side) and maybe wake up only once a night..

Still surviving on juices, tried yoghurt but it didn't work out but maybe will try again today..

The Weight Loss is starting to show:)) and thats the best thing here:)

Hi Sasou,
I read on one post that someone vvith the balloon vvas using a body pillovv and that is exactly vvhat I did, it vvas helpful. Have you tried porridge yet?
hovv is the vomiting, has it stopped??
are you having gastric reflux, heartburn?
it sounds like you are feeling better than your last post and the vveightloss is starting to shovv, congrats!!
keep me posted,
Drul

Happy balloon story

Good Morning,

Hi there Sasou,

Jackie here... I had my balloon fitted on the 02/11/10 and have to say, that first 7-10 days were HELL. However now I am totally used to it and have lost 11lb.

I totally love it and am so happy I stuck with it (as I seriously doubted my decision whilst throwing up and enjuring cramps). I NEVER thought it would work as well as it has, I am never hungry - amazing!

That said I am careful what I eat, I am having x2 meal replacement shakes and a homemade soup each day.... and I have to force myself to eat that. I would never have believed it possible that my unhealthy attachment with food would disappear overnight.

Stick with it as IT WILL BE WORTH IT :party:

Hi there Sasou,

Jackie here... I had my balloon fitted on the 02/11/10 and have to say, that first 7-10 days were HELL. However now I am totally used to it and have lost 11lb.

I totally love it and am so happy I stuck with it (as I seriously doubted my decision whilst throwing up and enjuring cramps). I NEVER thought it would work as well as it has, I am never hungry - amazing!

That said I am careful what I eat, I am having x2 meal replacement shakes and a homemade soup each day.... and I have to force myself to eat that. I would never have believed it possible that my unhealthy attachment with food would disappear overnight.

Stick with it as IT WILL BE WORTH IT :party:

Hi Jackie,
Can you tell me hovv many cc's of saline are in your balloon. I had a balloon inserted in late August but had it removed just after a month as i had intolerance. I had 700cc's, vvondering if the smaller balloon agrees better vvith people. I am giving some thought if I should try a smaller balloon.
vvhat type of meal replacements? are you past the nausea, and hovv is your energy novv?
thanks,
Drul

Hey All,
After more than 3 weeks, I am much better.. However, the vomiting didnt stop! I vomit on average once every two days.. looks like thats the best am gonna get:))

My energy level is not so high, I resumed my normal life thankfully but sometimes Im like SO LAZZYYYYYYYY...ZZZZZ

Still on all liquids diet.. My stomach cant handle any particles yet!

I cant believe I used to eat so much before!! I finish my juice after a struggle... Cant believe its me saying that!! I used to hover anything!

The best thing... the weight loss is starting to show..

Not sure still if I recommend the procedure, let wait and see how I will feel in a month..

Hey All,
After more than 3 weeks, I am much better.. However, the vomiting didnt stop! I vomit on average once every two days.. looks like thats the best am gonna get:))

My energy level is not so high, I resumed my normal life thankfully but sometimes Im like SO LAZZYYYYYYYY...ZZZZZ

Still on all liquids diet.. My stomach cant handle any particles yet!

I cant believe I used to eat so much before!! I finish my juice after a struggle... Cant believe its me saying that!! I used to hover anything!

The best thing... the weight loss is starting to show..

Not sure still if I recommend the procedure, let wait and see how I will feel in a month..

Sorry to hear you are still having some struggles, sounds like its better but still you aren't on any solids yet, ohhh dear.
Are you taking protein shakes? fruit juices?
I had my balloon removed after five vveeks of persistant vomiting, due to have another one reserted in a fevv days, one that is much smaller. I am excited yet at the same time nervous that the same thing may happen.
Like you, have to vvait and see hovv I feel in a month.
Keep me posted.
VVishing you all the best thru-out the Holiday Season.
Drul

Hey

Hows ur new balloon?? did u get it inserted yet?

I started eating now but not all days are good ones and still I sometimes vomit..

I lost about 9KG now an its really showing... I started doing some walking everyday too

Things are getting much better..

I can eat now! Haven't vomited for abt 5 days now which is a new record for me:))

I actually sometimes forget to eat which is a miracle! I eat very small meals but anyways.. they are meals:)

I am trying to eat as much protein as possible cause Ive been loosing musclar weight which I don't want! I want to lose the fat!!

I even ate half a slice of pizza the other day...

Anyways, tha baloon is not so bad after all when I went to buy new clothes last week ;))

Drul,

How are you? Dont forget to update us on how things are going with u..

Things are getting much better..

I can eat now! Haven't vomited for abt 5 days now which is a new record for me:))

I actually sometimes forget to eat which is a miracle! I eat very small meals but anyways.. they are meals:)

I am trying to eat as much protein as possible cause Ive been loosing musclar weight which I don't want! I want to lose the fat!!

I even ate half a slice of pizza the other day...

Anyways, tha baloon is not so bad after all when I wen

How are you? Dont forget to update us on how things are going with u..

Hi Sassou,
thanks for asking about me. I am glad to hear you are making progress, sounds like it has been a rough three vveeks, pizza must have tasted sooooo good.
I had my nevv balloon fitted 10 days ago, dovvn 20 pounds...but it isn't good nevvs as I feel so terrible. it is alot of dehydration and I feel so vveak. I can't keep anything dovvn, sometimes even sips of vvater is difficult to keep dovvn. I hate the stomach pains. The days are very long, fighting the nausea and being too vveak to do anything.
Hoping this turns the corner very soon....like today.
VVhat things did you do that you found helped???? vvhat meds are you on??? did you get the hunger pangs and if so, hovv did you cope vvith them?
vvould love some advice.
If i don't hear back before the holidays, happy Holidays!!!!!!! vvishing you a lovely Christmas.
drul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back