Sport Friday's Challenge- Planks (7/24)

Sport Fitness
yeah,, let's plan it early for soemthing like pullups. Typically Thurs is a big day for rows and pulls for me.

SO--

next frieday we will do a pull/chin combo challenge. Start figuring out how you will do it. You need a bar, or a jungle gym, or a gym, or a beam, or soehting to do pullup on. Fingertips in a door jam are hard. bac in the day I had screwed a peice of wood to a door jam, and it gave me better grip.

BUT- we have all week to figure it out.

And discuss the amount we want to set.

100 is a very nice pile of pullups within 24 hours.

If assisted pullups are your usual thing, then do those. If you are a girl, or new, or for anyreason these are tough for you, like me. then set a number for youself and try.

thougts?

Last edited:
Pullup Challenge

100 is a nice number but I bet Blackbeard is drooling at the opportunity to smoke everyone with two sets of fifty and trash talk for the rest of the day. How about we do 100 pullups and 100 pushups in 24 hrs. 10 pulls and 10 push every hour for 10 hrs seems like a challenge but within human boundaries. Where are these trainers and athletes who post and never enter the challenges. Put up or shut up is my challenge. Come on Newbies show us what you got. FF your in deep trouble I think for calling out the "girls" in your post. Big Tom gets your smelly behind off the bar stool and get with the challenge. Mel Def, Neon and the rest of you ladies get your girly butts in gear and no excuses.
What do you think FF now that I've pissed off the world do you think we'll have a greater turn out? Oh yeah what about all the seniors? Am I the only one with the vinegar to take on these rookies?
ALL IN FUN. I HOPE YOU ALL JOIN IN FOR A GREAT DAY OF FITNESS AND MOTIVATION

SWEAT NOW!!!:action11:

Idon'tneednostinkin'spaces.

Dutchy you can't do pushups alone. Try some pullups. If you go to a gym they probably have an assisted pullup machine. Do jump ups where you jump to get the pullup done. Put a glass of wine up high and pull yourself up for a sip. Do one an you qualify. Help her out here guys.

No such luck (no assisted pull-up machine). But I will figure out a way to pull off at least one pull-up. Where are the other women on this challenge? I can't hear ya...

you can use that straight bar between two cable and stand on it. I will take a pick for you tonight. Its a great trick.

Or like Worldb said...

you stand on a cuple of those stepper thingys and do the jumpin pullups.

you make it so you can stan there, with your elbows just barely broken, and then toe jump into the move.

Mel Def, Neon and the rest of you ladies get your girly butts in gear and no excuses.

Dear Mr. WorldB...

(ahem)... I will only attempt this IF my doctor releases me from being an invalid. I'm only a week post-op.. so I do need to take care of myself. If I do not.. me, the doc and FF will kick my butt..(even if it is a 'girly' one)...LMAO

:)

100 is a nice number but I bet Blackbeard is drooling at the opportunity to smoke everyone with two sets of fifty and trash talk for the rest of the day. How about we do 100 pullups and 100 pushups in 24 hrs. 10 pulls and 10 push every hour for 10 hrs seems like a challenge but within human boundaries. Where are these trainers and athletes who post and never enter the challenges. Put up or shut up is my challenge. Come on Newbies show us what you got. FF your in deep trouble I think for calling out the "girls" in your post. Big Tom gets your smelly behind off the bar stool and get with the challenge. Mel Def, Neon and the rest of you ladies get your girly butts in gear and no excuses.
What do you think FF now that I've pissed off the world do you think we'll have a greater turn out? Oh yeah what about all the seniors? Am I the only one with the vinegar to take on these rookies?

Does it matter if they're chinups (palms facing in - easier) or pullups (palms facing out - harder)? Either way, this senior's in!

No such luck (no assisted pull-up machine). But I will figure out a way to pull off at least one pull-up. Where are the other women on this challenge? I can't hear ya...

Most girls can't do a single unassisted pullup. Shouldn't the girls be allowed to do them assisted? Say, with 25% of bodyweight assistance? And, what about pushups? I think 50 real pushups and 50 girly pushups is more appropriate for the girls.

my son demonstrating an assisted pullup, using the cables to assist. the two cables are conected to a curl bar. you can even just clip the two cables together also.

Assisted pull up, modified pushup, lower goals, or whatver, we are working it out.

Well I'm late getting here but I'll have a go at it. Push ups done no problem. Now I just have to wait till i get off for the pull ups.

Thanks for the pic FF, I understand what you mean with the cable assisted pull-ups. I'll try it out this morning.

100 pullups and pushups? How about 50 on the right arm only and 50 on left; ditto with pushups for those that wants to brags... LoL.

For me, I will stick to the traditionaly 2 arm pullups but might try the single arm push ups.

Oh man, some long planking,
You've just inspired me to plank for more than 1 minute at a time..

Back