Sport Friday's Challenge- Planks (7/24)

Sport Fitness
Newbie Hall of Famers. Right on Dutchy and Fitforever. Side planks with a glass of wine--awesome! How's the beach? This challenge should remain on the front page so more people notice it without having to search. How about it moderators?

Friday's challenge planks7/24

Oh cummulative....that sounds alot better!!!....hope to have the strength to have a glass of wine...maybe while in a tub with epsom salts !!!

I'm at 21:08 - this is tuff. My elbows are sore. I am also finding the front plank easier to hold than the sides.

60 minutes is tuff!

maybe next week we can do 12 oz curls! ;)

I'm also at 26 mins. Did 2 front planks for 4 mins each. Will try for a 5 min plank today sometime. I agree side planks are tough. Are back planks done with your legs straight or bent? Quite the challenge.

Ok, I am done! Not 60 min, but 36:07.

It is now getting late, I want to saok in the tub, and, I am done.

SO-
\
Tjhank you all for playing and helooing me to get MORE put of me,.

p.s. this is one of the rare occsions that you can say I am a ssissiel -oops ! uhnless you didnt do them either LOL LOL LOL

FF = 36 minutes opf planks on a 60 min goal

Swqeat Daily.
FF

Last edited:
I just didn't feel like it after flying back from Wisconsin all day (up at 4:30am, home at 4:30pm). (But, I did make it to the gym for swim and bike time;))

Fridays Challenge planks 7/24

14 minutes.....procrastinated too much !!.....shouldn't have gone for a run...too easy to tell myself I'm tired!!!.....good thing we had a long time to complete or it would probably be 4 min for me LOL

Congrats everyone who accepted the challenge and got down on the floor multiple times over the full day. I think this challenge was hard because it was boring. To just plank in place while your arms and wrists hurt, your abs trembled and your mind couldn't believe you were back on the floor doing this again is a tribute to the dedication we all displayed.
To all those who attempted this challenge I salute your fortitude. Like FF said this was about challenging yourself not really about 60 mins. Look at all the people who didn't even attempt to compete.
Newbie's rule--FF is an inspiration for his foresight--Neon we all know you have 60 mins in you anyway.
Not to pat myself on the back but I didn't think I could do this even though planks are a staple in my workout. My final plank set was 5 mins and before the 24 hrs my Neon tribute was another 5 mins. this AM.
I can't wait for next Friday's challenge. My wife thinks I'm nuts. My friends at the gym just shake their heads and go back to the stair master. Was it Blackbeard who wanted to kick butt with pullups? I'm weak on those but I live for a challenge.
Bring it FF you are a Winner.:action11:

K I have to confess I ditched the challenge, but for legitimate reasons. Friday was a friends funeral. They were going to do it Saturday...but didn't So I was either in a car or at a funeral/reception all day. I'll have to make it up....after the half iron :)

only got 25 minutes in... 1 minutes times 25 sets... I have to admit this is difficult and I was unable to finish, not from lack of effect or muscle; just hard to get 2-3 hours of workout time needed to do this. Think about it, 1 minute plank and then 1 minute rest. 60 minutes = 2 hours... just dont' have that kind of time. At least got 25 minutes in between my workout session this morning.

Will have to try this again another day or 35 more minutes tomorrw to at least get 60 minutes in for the week; whatever... LoL.

next week, how about Bungee?

Back