For the Vegetarians:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milk,Fruits,Leafy vegetables and Pulses these give energy with out fat.

i love romaine lettuce...i can eat romaine for a whole day...as long as it has caesar's salad sauce.

1 whole day? beat that! LOL...

Hi John and Chris, thanks for resurrecting this old topic. I've just read through the first three pages and didn't find a lot of substance. I was a vegetarian for a couple years back in my college days and enjoyed it. My husband also is not a big meat eater and would probably be willing to be vegetarian but he's allergic to soy and has digestive trouble if I have legumes too often - plus he is allergic to most grains but can have them if we rotate them so he only has any particular grain once every four days. He's also allergic to peanuts and cashews but can have other nuts. So with all those challenges it's just easier to eat meat since it doesn't cause any trouble! One thing we both enjoy is curried lentils on brown rice. For each serving of lentils you just sauté a half cup of chopped onion and garlic in a teaspoon of vegetable oil or butter till tender, then add a couple teaspoons of curry powder and a tablespoon each of chopped almonds and raisins. Stir in the lentils, heat and serve over the rice. Adjust the amount of curry to suit your taste, can add a bit of cayenne if you like it hotter. Add a salad and you've got a healthy meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back