For the Vegetarians:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently making the switch to a vegan lifestyle, and I found the movie Change Your Food, Change Your Life really informational. It was available for instant streaming on Netflix too!

I really don't think people were meant to eat meat, we just have way more similarities physiologically with herbivores than carnivores. That doesn't mean I don't love the taste of chicken... Oh, and cheese! But I feel that for myself, personally, adapting to a vegan diet is the best thing for me physically, emotionally, and spiritually!

I definitely look forward to getting some yummy new recipes and good information here!

Wheeeeey for vegetarians!!

It gives me great pleasure to say I've been a vegetarian all my life,I've never tried meat before and I don't eat fish.My whole family are and it's just the way i've been brought up,I'm so used to it,I don't think I'll ever change it as i'm not at all bored of my diet.
I don't like how many of the animals are kept and processed in making up a lot of the meat in the market these days,although there is more choice in choosing organic and free range,which I think is positive.

I'm tempted to become vegan actually,I don't have milk,I don't eat eggs-it's just cheese I have most and oooohhh enjoy the most to!God I could eat cheese all day long oh yes! But I recently tried some vegan cheese and was surprised at how tasty it was.It wasn't something you could have on it's own,but on some pasta it was very much enjoyed!I love beans and pulses to,I can't get enough of them and they're a brilliant source of protein :D

Lady Foodaholic you must let me know how you get on adapting to the vegan way of life!

Lady Foodaholic you must let me know how you get on adapting to the vegan way of life!

I made the best meal EVER today! It was like one of those movies where the husband and wife are in the kitchen together chopping and stuff!! So much fun! I made this AMAZING vegge fajita with fresh produce I bought at the farmers market the other day.

First I sauteed the following in my wok:
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- sliced onion
- sliced green pepper
- sliced jalapeno
- sliced mushroom

Then I poured in a touch of mild salsa to coat and flavor the vegges, along with a few drops of Tropic Spice hot sauce. Used some onion powder and all-purpose seasoning, sprinkled some soy cheese into the wok when it was almost done cooking, followed by a bit of fresh chopped cilantro.

I spooned some out in a soft tortilla and added a dab of vegan sour cream (which was actually REALLY good), and then I gobbled it all up.

Final summation: YUM! :drool5:

My god-that sounds INCREDIBLE!! I just love wraps and spice and that is definitely a recipe I am going to try out!Vegan sour cream sounds very interesting to,I shall have to keep a look out for that!
We have some vegan family friends,and my mum often cooks pure vegan meals for them.She's got this amazing vegan cheesecake recipe and it's simply brilliant!she's coming up to visit this weekend and she's bringing it with her,so i'll be sure to post it for you to try!It's really easy to!

WOOOHOOO Vegetarians rock!!!!!!!! Im one myself... i used to eat meat but i have started to be a vegan 3 years ago..!!!! and i feel GREAT!!!!! healthier ,stronger, and a better lifestyle, when i look back at the times i used to eat meat .. i just wonder how i used to eat it ... like Literally if you know how much bad stuff there is in meat ,even if you have been an eat meater all your life you would not eat it no more ... its just disgusting.... i am glad i dont not eat no more... and humans weren't created to eat meat at all .. just plants fruits nuts , dont understand how people could say we are omnivores pffft so not true.. go read Genesis 1 , God gave them fruit and veggies, after man had sinned God gave them plants because of the sicknesses, and after the Great Flood .God gave them meat to eat because their was nothing on the earth... but just because God gave them meat then ,doesn't mean we have to eat meat now... When God freed the Israelites from Egypt .. Did God Give the MEAT ,Of course not.. He gave them MANA (it tasted like honey).. but then the Israelites wanted meat and God gave them meat but then Destroyed them because they were still not thankful... and if you do not believe in the Bible lets Go to SCIENCE --> science always goes back to nature ... for meat only brings Disease, bacteria , and sickness... NOT TRYING TO OFFEND NO ONE ESPECIALLY THE MEAT EATERS FOR I WAS ONE ONCE ... BUT IT IS TRUE.. nuff said.. :)

I am glad that you are happy with whatever lifestyle you have chosen, but I would appreciate if we could keep evidence to science, and scientific facts.

It's been proven that humans are omnivores, made to eat everything including meat. It has also been proven that humans can survive quite well without meat, if they make sure to get their proteins and other essentials from vegetables or substitutes.

What do we learn from that? We learn that humans are very versatile, and the human body is capable of making everybody happy, whether they want to eat meat or not. Great, isn't it?

I've read something recently, and I'd like to quote it here:

'Religion (and religious beliefs) are like a penis. It's great to have one. It's great to be proud of it. But it's not a good idea to take it out in public, and wave it into everybody's face. And NEVER go around and try to shove it down people's throats!'

To me, that can apply to religion as much as for the old vegan/meat-eater discussion. I think everybody should do live their lives however they want to, and leave everybody else well alone. If you're happy the way you live, fine, more power to you. I am happy with the way I live as well, so we're both happy and can go on doing what we're doing. Case closed.

Did God Give the MEAT ,Of course not.. He gave them MANA (it tasted like honey)

He gave them mana? Was it enough mana to make them a level 23 nomadic wizard with +6 magic power and the Lifestream and Aura spells? Or do you have to equip the Staff of Shadowfire and the Red Crystal Amulet to get those spells? I forget. I haven't played Fantasy Makebelieveland in a while.

and if you do not believe in the Bible lets Go to SCIENCE --> science always goes back to nature ... for meat only brings Disease, bacteria , and sickness... NOT TRYING TO OFFEND NO ONE ESPECIALLY THE MEAT EATERS FOR I WAS ONE ONCE ... BUT IT IS TRUE.. nuff said.. :)

Umm, people are made of meat. Sooooo...:confused:

I became vegan about 3 months ago and lost 20 lbs so far without exercise and eating a lot of food. I LOVE it and will never go back. A good place to start is to read as much as you can. The best books are:
The China Study by T. Collin Campbell
Healthy at 100 by John Robbins
Veganist by Kathy Freston
It is not hard to be Vegan. Actually it is pretty indulgent. Some good recipes are online, check out [removed] for some great ones. Leafy Greens and Me is my other favorite. When you eat vegan you can just eat when your hungry and the weight just comes off easily as long as you avoid refined grains and to many faux meat stuff. Stick to veggies, whole grains and maybe tofu and tempeh. I still make cupcakes, cookies ect. but just not everyday. I am definitely not deprived! If you are a vegetarian try going vegan for 1 month and you will be amazed at how good you will feel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everybody! Would love to swap some recipes with people. Really trying to focus on getting more protein into my diet. My parents brought me up as a vegetarian, so for me I found it difficult to then transition into eating meat when I left home.
Have read quite a few posts on here but will go and read them all now.

I am currently working on perfecting some delicious veggie lentil burgers. Once I have got it right I will post it on here!

Lyds
xx

I was a vegan from age 14 to 21...but my then boyfriends now husband isn`t so I slowly started eating chicken but I try to keep my diet vegetarian at least 80% of the time. I think being a vegetarian is a personal choice, one that I decided not making for my children their diet includes both meat and veggie recepies I hope they will keep good eating habits.

Yes i have been interested in going vegan for awhile, cutting back on meat for weeks, mostly because i felt tired of eating meat, but after that somehow drifted back to them. Thanks for the many tips, and will check out your recommendations for sure :)

Its a good idea but where do we go to this find this new sub-forum. A link in the top post would have been handy.

Originally Posted by fortyfour

Its a good idea but where do we go to this find this new sub-forum. A link in the top post would have been handy.

It says clearly that it is the sub-forum of the Nutrition forum. So you go to the top bar, hover over 'Forums', move your mouse down to 'Nutrition', and the 'Vegetarian' option will come up as one to choose. It's really not that difficult.

That is a great news, I am looking forward to see that sub-forum, That is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back