What do you believe in?

• evolution

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • creation

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
Shelly is referring to the human ability to be concious of our own concious. To think about our thoughts. Animals don't have this ability. They are not sentient.

FACEPALM.jpg

google/epic lulz

Yeah i know where your getting at, theres a reason why we can and do, because our brain via its vastly compicated interconnections allow us to.

It just neve made sense to me, that I cared more about life itself and emotions etc. , compared to what we see in the animal kingdom. Think about it - I'll never forget in elementry school seeing a hamster eat its baby because it knew it was ill - we would never do that, we do anything we can to save one another.

Ok I'm done tonight - I HAVE to wake up and walk at least 20 mins tomorrow before work. I wish I was a bird and woke up and sang instead ;):D

Maybe save it for later when things get bland chillin :p

A hint of sarcasm, possibly? :)

I just base my belief system through continued study. I contend, that with all the different, and in some cases similuar religions (and other beliefs), is it possible for all of them to be right, some of them to be right, or is just one right? (or does this matter?) Intertwined in these, are beliefs in evolution, creationism, and other scientific based perceptions. In addition, add in the variances of history (earth, etc) within these beliefs, scientific research, and religion. I also look at socialogy and its related content. In other words, I dont make my choice, based out of nothing. I try to absorb the total picture with the data that is available, knowing I wont get all of it, but I am going to absorb most that I can, to come to personal terms with this subject.

It is possible the final result of anyone's belief could be decided upon death. So, is this a big decision?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it was made clear in my avoidance of the topic, so I want to explicitly state that creationism and intelligent design are by no means the same thing. And I'm confused as to why anyone would think that creationism and faith in God are mutually inclusive.

Firstly, ID is just a euphemism for creation. Dont be confused, it is because only a person who believes in a god could believe in creationism, unless they are insane? do you fall in this category?

I subscribe to something different, myself, but really, anything you choose to believe is taken on faith. It's not a question of 'objective merit', it's a question of classification. It has been my experience that most of those who scoff at religious beliefs do so because they either fail to understand the difference, or refuse to.

Thats not using the word faith appropriately, lets make it clear for everyone that faith is based on no evidence. There is so much evidence out there for evolution. It not only works but makes sense - unlike the contrary.

Yes. When do we drink our punch you prepared for us? Before, or after we don our ceremonial robes? I'm thinking after, but I wanted to run it past you before I did anything rash.

A hint of sarcasm, possibly? :)

I just base my belief system through continued study. I contend, that with all the different, and in some cases similuar religions (and other beliefs), is it possible for all of them to be right, some of them to be right, or is just one right? (or does this matter?) Intertwined in these, are beliefs in evolution, creationism, and other scientific based perceptions. In addition, add in the variances of history (earth, etc) within these beliefs, scientific research, and religion. I also look at socialogy and its related content. In other words, I dont make my choice, based out of nothing. I try to absorb the total picture with the data that is available, knowing I wont get all of it, but I am going to absorb most that I can, to come to personal terms with this subject.

It is possible the final result of anyone's belief could be decided upon death. So, is this a big decision?

Moving it to a god discussion ;)

Is it possible that all the religions are wrong, and if we cant prove either way does that mean it is therefore a 50/50 chance? no.

Whats your last parapgraph mean? are you refering to some sort of pascals wager? :newangel:

I am 99% certain that I am right when it comes to what happens to us when we die.

I am 100% certain that I have no need to live in fear. So that means I can make up any kind of percentages I want. 180%!

Anyone who is confused or wants to read up on evolution. Then i suggest

The selfish gene
The blind watch maker
Climbing mt improbable

All written by proff Dawkins - absolute genius.

I suggest placing absolutely zero importance on the existance or lack of existance of a God.

Most of you probably can't do it, cause you're trying to cut and thinking takes a lot of calories.

Which is why I think powerlifters are the smartest people evar.

Firstly, ID is just a euphemism for creation. Dont be confused, it is because only a person who believes in a god could believe in creationism, unless they are insane? do you fall in this category?

You subscribe to nonstandard definitions of the relevant terms. In the future if you are going to make things up rather than assume the societally agreed upon and constructed semantics, I would appreciate it if you made this clear in advance. Of course you can "substantiate" any nonsense you like when you're going to make up your own words.

You also appear to be confused about what the word euphemism means. I invite you to find yourself a copy of any accredited dictionary, read it and get back to me. I recommend Webster's.

Thats not using the word faith appropriately, lets make it clear for everyone that faith is based on no evidence. There is so much evidence out there for evolution. It not only works but makes sense - unlike the contrary.

This is demonstrably false, from almost any angle of attack. I'll start you with something easy: what is "evidence"?

Last edited:
Actually its called faith karky, and doesnt have to be religiously comprimised. I know many christian people who believe in creation, while others evolution.

And Leiyun - Considering i typed in hope, it is hope not expectation that i forview. Although one call still expect and hope at the same time.

oh, my bad, as those two words are wildley different..

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
faith /feɪθ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[feyth] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.

I don't see how saying

As for why almost no one has expressed any opinions (up to the point where you pointed it out. This is my reply:

I know I'm being an ass, but this topic has been discussed over and over. If someone has faith or whatever, just leave them alone, they can't prove it, we know, no one has to remind us. This is getting very old.

I really feel like using all my pics, including "WTF is this ****" and "aw geez, not this **** again" But I'll hold my horses :D

Back