• evolution

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • creation

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters
Sounds like you're picking a fight.

The monkey thread was fun. I can't believe I used Taylor Series in that ****. I don't even understand that stuff anymore :D.

Matt, what I don't get is your thinking you can separate faith in God and creationism. And I don't understand why evolution and creationism has to be mutually exclusive.

I don't know. I've just never seen these threads result in anything but everyone walking away with their same beliefs but more frustrated from whence the thread started.

Anyway, I have faith that God created man and woman and man continues to evolve. Do I have proof? Nope. I have faith. I figure if I'm wrong, then it's okay. If I'm right...then you guys are going to have an awfully hot retirement home. ;)

Sounds like you're picking a fight.

The monkey thread was fun. I can't believe I used Taylor Series in that ****. I don't even understand that stuff anymore :D.

How does it sound if you cant hear ;)

The monkey thing doesnt even belong here, unless you change the rules. Of course the monkey will never write shakespeare, this is essentially what creationists believe, not even in an infinite time but first go.

On the other hand via evolution the monkey can type randomly but eventually will write it - through natural selection! Any words or letters that matched shakespeare wouldnt be thrown out, but selected, until eventually all words in sequence are selected and there shakespeare!

Dont be fooled by the illusion of design, complexity can arise from simple beginings. This is why postulating a god to explain everything doesnt help or answer anything! (although this has nothing to do with the topic)

Matt, what I don't get is your thinking you can separate faith in God and creationism. And I don't understand why evolution and creationism has to be mutually exclusive.

I don't know. I've just never seen these threads result in anything but everyone walking away with their same beliefs but more frustrated from whence the thread started.

Anyway, I have faith that God created man and woman and man continues to evolve. Do I have proof? Nope. I have faith. I figure if I'm wrong, then it's okay. If I'm right...then you guys are going to have an awfully hot retirement home. ;)

Love that comment, LOL. Great!

:yelrotflmao: :)

Best regards,

Chillen

Well i hope people dont leave frustrated ;)

Firstly, i find hard to believe how you believe, that the earth is about 6 000 years old. Man around with dinosours, mountains popping out of knowwhere. Theres no evidence for it and i think its absurd how anyone can believe that? If it sounds rude its not intended to be ;)

You figure you ok if your wrong, you wont be ok because youve missed out on a whole enriching lifetime - making the most of precious life, Not ruled by some supreme authoritorian figure in the sky whom we must obey and worship. And what if your wrong, what if it turns out that god is one of the other thousands of other gods that have existed that you dont worship who is equally jelous of other gods and has a nice place with eternal damnation?

Im not trying to tease but i care about people and want the best for you :D

Last edited:
This thread Frustrates the hell out of me, and I am one positive dude:

frustrated.jpg

:beerchug:

:D

:D

I'm not sure if it was made clear in my avoidance of the topic, so I want to explicitly state that creationism and intelligent design are by no means the same thing. And I'm confused as to why anyone would think that creationism and faith in God are mutually inclusive.

Sure, some people read the Bible and take it literally. Some people also read Plato's Dialogues and think they're about walks in the country side.

I subscribe to something different, myself, but really, anything you choose to believe is taken on faith. It's not a question of 'objective merit', it's a question of classification. It has been my experience that most of those who scoff at religious beliefs do so because they either fail to understand the difference, or refuse to.

Have any of you tried to prove to yourselves the Bible is backed by archilogical facts?? Any of it? Does the idea for those of you that have children that look like you or your partner make you wonder why? Does the fact that an animal thinks of survival and we as human think of our existence make you wonder anything?....

My comp doesnt have the spell check , please forgive my errors! :D

I never post on these issues, and I won't tell you my stance, but these are questions I always want to ask people out right - so here I go! No debate, just asking!

Have any of you tried to prove to yourselves the Bible is backed by archilogical facts??

there isnt

Any of it? Does the idea for those of you that have children that look like you or your partner make you wonder why?

genetics

Does the fact that an animal thinks of survival and we as human think of our existence make you wonder anything?....

We do think of our survival, which makes me wonder that that is a bloddy good idea. We think of our existance because we can.

i see you finally voted chillen ;)

Why is it frustrating, the truth getting to ya ? lol

I didnt vote yet. But I may open up. It shouldnt be a surprise that I educate myself (as much as I feasibly can) on various topics. I made it a point, when going after my second BS degree to go to a religious based school, and I have studied practically all faiths (not all) but allot of them. This includes, Christianity (and the various denominations), Islam (and the differences in Shiite and Sunni), Buddhism, Hinduism, and some African religions, to name a few. I took two semesters just to study Genesis (and the views, on the time line and time frame within Genesis), and studied some of the views of the Jews and the Tora (old testament), and some other applicable history.

To give my opinion, and why I base my opinion the way I do, would make a wind bag poster, much windier.

So, I will refrain for now. :)

Chillen

there isnt

NOt true -why are you so sure of this?

genetics

Ok - but if we all evolve how come I don't look like my neighbor? Little fr fetched, least of my list ;)
We do think of our survival, which makes me wonder that that is a bloddy good idea. We think of our existance because we can.

We do yes, but we also think of the future is what Im saying, animals don't - they think-"need food to survive" - you get what I mean?

People who bicker over these things on the internet need a nap.

I need to sleep YES, but I am NOT bickering, I simply want to FINALLY straight forth ask people why they feel such ways. I find it intresting. Please stop me if I seem like I'm debating. I like knowing the way people think, period. The topic was here, and I'm awake -:)

I need to sleep YES, but I am NOT bickering, I simply want to FINALLY straight forth ask people why they feel such ways. I find it intresting. Please stop me if I seem like I'm debating. I like knowing the way people think, period. The topic was here, and I'm awake -:)

No one is bickering. :) When I posted the frustrated pic, I was joking. Its just that some of the other threads (like this ) have turned into some "healthy" discussions, and EVO's post is correct, it probably didnt have an effect on changing peoples mind. If anything, it should spin off some deep thoughts to educate oneself to come to personal terms with this sort of subject matter.

The monkey thing doesnt even belong here, unless you change the rules. Of course the monkey will never write shakespeare, this is essentially what creationists believe, not even in an infinite time but first go.

On the other hand via evolution the monkey can type randomly but eventually will write it - through natural selection! Any words or letters that matched shakespeare wouldnt be thrown out, but selected, until eventually all words in sequence are selected and there shakespeare!

Dont be fooled by the illusion of design, complexity can arise from simple beginings. This is why postulating a god to explain everything doesnt help or answer anything! (although this has nothing to do with the topic)

Epic fail

I'm not sure if it was made clear in my avoidance of the topic, so I want to explicitly state that creationism and intelligent design are by no means the same thing. And I'm confused as to why anyone would think that creationism and faith in God are mutually inclusive.

Sure, some people read the Bible and take it literally. Some people also read Plato's Dialogues and think they're about walks in the country side.

I subscribe to something different, myself, but really, anything you choose to believe is taken on faith. It's not a question of 'objective merit', it's a question of classification. It has been my experience that most of those who scoff at religious beliefs do so because they either fail to understand the difference, or refuse to.

Win

-edit-

I know exactly where this thread is going.

Therefore (here's me drawing three dots on the screen), I refuse to take most of what I read in here seriously, but I reserve the right to change my mind :D

Last edited:
Maybe save it for later when things get bland chillin :p

Derwyn, your the one bickering. Were actually trying to have a proper conversation about something i personally find interesting. Nitey nite ;)

Why dont you look like your neighbour, are you implying something?

Dont get me wrong but animal do think of the future, Some birds for example migrate prior to the winter season or seek refuge when a pending storm is brewing.

Maybe save it for later when things get bland chillin :p

Derwyn, your the one bickering. Were actually trying to have a proper conversation about something i personally find interesting. Nitey nite ;)

Why dont you look like your neighbour, are you implying something?

Dont get me wrong but animal do think of the future, Some birds for example migrate prior to the winter season or seek refuge when a pending storm is brewing.

Love that Sara needs a nap! LMAO

Hmm the bird- I see your point, but truthfully, do you think ANY animal thinks the way we HUMANS do as far as our lives and the meaning of it goes? You know what I mean, like we all to an extent care about what name we make for ourselves, animals dont seem to be that way.

Last edited:
Well do you have any ideas for a more sturctured thought provoking experience?

Why not give a short gambit of your position, supported by clear points explaining why you believe in what you do. Allowing other people to challenge any points people have listed. With the name of the person your responding to at the start of your reply.

Well do you have any ideas for a more sturctured thought provoking experience?

Why not give a short gambit of your position, supported by clear points explaining why you believe in what you do. Allowing other people to challenge any points people have listed. With the name of the person your responding to at the start of your reply.

Are you saying this to me, or anyone?

Yeah i know where your getting at, theres a reason why we can and do, because our brain via its vastly compicated interconnections allow us to.

Back